Bridge of Spies | Syracusefan.com

Bridge of Spies

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Saw Bridge of Spies today. Excellent movie. Events took place before my time but I did some research before I left to understand the story. The movie explained what was happening very well also. Not confusing at all. Tom Hanks was awesome as usual.

Thought it was great. Really juxtaposed fear vs ideals. As an attorney made me feel especially proud that we have brave practitioners who believe in the law and that the law should be followed, regardless of politics and public sentiment.
Reminded me of John Adams representing the British soldiers accussed in the Boston massacre.

9'll
MSOrange said:
Saw Bridge of Spies today. Excellent movie. Events took place before my time but I did some research before I left to understand the story. The movie explained what was happening very well also. Not confusing at all. Tom Hanks was awesome as usual.
Wm. F. Buckley Jr., did a fun book about this. (forgot title) The premise was that we allowed the U-2 to be shot down because we already had the SR-71 Blackbird, which is far superior to the U-2, ready to go. We wanted the Soviets to believe they had our latest technology.
He also did one (titled Who's on First) where the premise was that we allowed the Soviets to steal technology to launch Sputnic, to spur the American public to get behind the space program. Fun reads.

I am really looking forward to seeing it, going to try to go on friday. I am a big fan of the Cold War era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom