Bring Back Saltine Warrior Fight Song | Syracusefan.com

Bring Back Saltine Warrior Fight Song

And while they're at it, bring back the Saltine Warrior. The REAL mascot.

Sent from my DROIDX

And while they're at it, bring back the Saltine Warrior. The REAL mascot.

Sent from my DROIDX

052104-saltine-2jpg-59c31ac6b5ac6238.jpg

The headdress from the St John's mascot that was stolen in the 1980s is probably sitting in a frat house on Walnut. We could use that one...don't even have to buy one.

I believe the Onondaga Indians will approve the reinstatement as long as the Saltine Warrior is allowed to kill the Mountaineer mascot at the start of each athletic event he attends. Seems fair to me.

Seriously, the Saltine Warrior fight song is our best song. I agree, let's bring it back, start playing the lyrics on the scoreboard and including them in the game program and make it a tradition. We have lost so many. Let's go against the grain on this and get one back.

The headdress from the St John's mascot that was stolen in the 1980s is probably sitting in a frat house on Walnut. We could use that one...don't even have to buy one.

I believe the Onondaga Indians will approve the reinstatement as long as the Saltine Warrior is allowed to kill the Mountaineer mascot at the start of each athletic event he attends. Seems fair to me.

Seriously, the Saltine Warrior fight song is our best song. I agree, let's bring it back, start playing the lyrics on the scoreboard and including them in the game program and make it a tradition. We have lost so many. Let's go against the grain on this and get one back.

Someone in the student body needs to get something going where the students show up in warpaint with headdresses. And bring back the chop.

And real teams aren't fruit. Go Orangemen!

The Saltine Warrior doesn't do anything for me. I'm too young to have seen it, and even though I know its origins, I don't get it.

Anyone who just wants to stick it to the no-fun NCAA, those kind of endevours are usually ... fruitless.
emot-rimshot.gif

But the song, hey, why not. Is there any way to listen to it online?