Brisly Estime... | Syracusefan.com

Brisly Estime...

TBCuse11

Starter
It is no secret that i have campaigned for a bigger role for him on this board many times, both on offense and special teams. And the typical responses ranged from "the coaches know best" to "you have an agenda". While every human being makes many correct and incorrect statements in their life based on opinion (myself included), I am glad I was right on this one.

This kid has been our most dynamic player all season. He is quick as lightning and is 1000 times better than anyone we throw back there in the return game. Thank goodness Shafer finally gave it a whirl, because he won us this game. Very exciting game, I am sure the fans who were lucky enough to attend had a blast.

Look for a handful of return TD's from this kid in the next three years as he is certain to be our kick and punt return guy going forward...

It is no secret that i have campaigned for a bigger role for him on this board many times, both on offense and special teams. And the typical responses ranged from "the coaches know best" to "you have an agenda". While every human being makes many correct and incorrect statements in their life based on opinion (myself included), I am glad I was right on this one.

This kid has been our most dynamic player all season. He is quick as lightning and is 1000 times better than anyone we throw back there in the return game. Thank goodness Shafer finally gave it a whirl, because he won us this game. Very exciting game, I am sure the fans who were lucky enough to attend had a blast.

Look for a handful of return TD's from this kid in the next three years as he is certain to be our kick and punt return guy going forward...

Actually most of the flak you caught had to do with your assertions about the strength of various football programs ... after UCF went to the BCS you were awfully quiet ... yeah I know they wouldn't win a game in the ACC ... :rolleyes:

Actually most of the flak you caught had to do with your assertions about the strength of various football programs ... after UCF went to the BCS you were awfully quiet ... yeah I know they wouldn't win a game in the ACC ... :rolleyes:

nah, those were different topics. I still dont think UCF is very good and expect them to lose by 30 in their bowl game. Agree to disagree.

We all knew he was dynamic and most figured he would make an impact on special teams. His progress as a WR was surprising. But as far as special teams, thats what he was good at in high school. I think the staff just wanted to bring him along slow. We don't know how he was doing in practice. He could have been dropping 1 out of every 6 punts or something. But once the staff felt comfortable with him in there, they put him back there in the most important game of the season. He will be a weapon for us the next few years. Cant wait to see him become more and more explosive. Like a Tavon Austin type.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

I'm glad after that ridiculous fumble early on (the one the refs didn't call saying he was down when he was standing straight up) the staff didn't shy away from putting the ball back in his hands.

My sentiments entirely. I would get him as many touched in space a s possible, no matter how you make that happen. He has great vision and feel for the game.

You said nothing no one else didn't already know. The coach did know best. He brought him along just fine despite the fumble v. Minn..

You said nothing no one else didn't already know. The coach did know best. He brought him along just fine despite the fumble v. Minn..

In your opinion he did... people that think coaches do nothing wrong are silly. Estime should have been out there for returns from Day 1. Period. Talent is talent.

Of all the kids on the roster, he has a great shot to break Alec's marks.

Freshman year:

Alec: 29 receptions, 295 yards, 1 TD
Brisly: 28 receptions, 257, 1 TD

Depends on how healthy he stays and how he's utilized in years to come - but I think he quickly develops in to the go to guy among the WR corps.

I'm glad after that ridiculous fumble early on (the one the refs didn't call saying he was down when he was standing straight up) the staff didn't shy away from putting the ball back in his hands.

believe me, i was cursing at my TV when he fumbled. But Shafer FINALLY decided that his potential to break one was worth the risk. He was right. Sucks to imagine what could have been this year if he was back there... oh well.

Good season overall.

In your opinion he did... people that think coaches do nothing wrong are silly. Estime should have been out there for returns from Day 1. Period. Talent is talent.
Yes of course it is my opinion and the coaches who saw him every day in practice. People who think they know more than the coaches who see the kids every day in practice are silly.

I'm glad Estime made a play to put us in position to get the go ahead score also. Of course, had Brisley not dropped the sure touchdown earlier who knows how the game would have played out differently.

That's an outrage! I, for one, bring way less than bnoro.

but hey, kudos on trying to make yourself the center of attention.

Not at all. Brisly should have played more this year. He was our go-to WR and return guy when it mattered. He could have brought us alot more. What people like you or Bnoro think is about as low on my priority list as anything can possibly be.

I'm glad Estime made a play to put us in position to get the go ahead score also. Of course, had Brisley not dropped the sure touchdown earlier who knows how the game would have played out differently.

touche.

than again, he was only in that position because he is our only WR who can get open.

That was unfortunately true this year. I'm not going to kill the coaches on this one however, for easing a freshman into the rotation. I would have liked to have seen more opportunities for Estime this year too but I've seen enough drops and fumbles to not question the decision by the staff to develop him and allow him to earn their trust as they did.

There are some on here that don't care for our opinions, one way or the other. Not that they don't bring alot to the table, but this is a forum for opinion, is it not, or are some of us untouchable it seems...

So we're back where we started. You think one thing. Other people think other things. There's no new evidence that you were right. No basis for an "I told you so".

There are some on here that don't care for our opinions, one way or the other. Not that they don't bring alot to the table, but this is a forum for opinion, is it not, or are some of us untouchable it seems...
Who doesn't care for opinions? Or are you saying we should always agree with the opinions of others?

Not at all. Brisly should have played more this year. He was our go-to WR and return guy when it mattered. He could have brought us alot more. What people like you or Bnoro think is about as low on my priority list as anything can possibly be.

and yet you care enough to start a thread where you were in danger of blowing out your elbow patting yourself on the back, in an attempt to stick it to the "naysayers". Methinks the bolded statement might not be true...

Also, don't lump me in with Bnoro. 1) I've never taken a position on this board about the use of Estime, but more importantly 2) I've never met the guy (or gal I suppose), but Bnoro is one of the best posters on the site as far as I'm concerned. Lumping us together does him/her a disservice. You'd do well to listen more and write less.

nah, those were different topics. I still dont think UCF is very good and expect them to lose by 30 in their bowl game. Agree to disagree.

Actually it was in your original Estime thread ... you casually tied them together so please don't play that card ... UCF won the American and beat LVille ... you know that team that just manhandled Miami ... do you even watch football or do you just look at a uniform and come to an AP Media level conclusion which requires people to watch absolutely no football just write a really neato blog?

Well said... Coaches are certainly NOT infallible, just like doctors...
You can absolutely question BOTH at times...

and yet you care enough to start a thread where you were in danger of blowing out your elbow patting yourself on the back, in an attempt to stick it to the "naysayers". Methinks the bolded statement might not be true...

Also, don't lump me in with Bnoro. 1) I've never taken a position on this board about the use of Estime, but more importantly 2) I've never met the guy (or gal I suppose), but Bnoro is one of the best posters on the site as far as I'm concerned. Lumping us together does him/her a disservice. You'd do well to listen more and write less.
hey, you're not so bad yourself. everyone here brings something to the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom