Brown opponent passer rating rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Brown opponent passer rating rankings

Are we really using unit rankings to determine how good Fran will be as a head coach? So if the DB coach he hires unit ranks high it would indicate that he's a better leader?
I'm only doing this because he has only been a db coach

Maybe I should be coach, there are no stats that look bad, tabula rasa baby

I'm only doing this because he has only been a db coach

Maybe I should be coach, there are no stats that look bad, tabula rasa baby
Oh gotcha, There's just way too many factors that influences secondary play. The injury history within his secondary units, the injury history of the DL, LB units. How good were those units? Pressure percentages that affected secondary play. Drop rates of linebackers. Did the LB's consistently get in their pass fits? How good were the DC's? Did they have good games plans? Did they give Fran freedom to make secondary calls. I know Fran's first game at Georgia Kirby gave him the freedom to make some changes with the secondary right from the start. That resulted in Oregon (17th in pass O) scoring 3 points the whole game.

Also was he THE db coach are A db coach? some do corners/safeties as separate units? Some play zone more than man.

look at SU we leave our guys on an island a ton and they are not 4-5 star guys

Also was he THE db coach are A db coach? some do corners/safeties as separate units? Some play zone more than man.

look at SU we leave our guys on an island a ton and they are not 4-5 star guys
It's a little crazy that we hired a db coach and a justification for it is that maybe he wasn't THE db coach

I'm not saying this is bad, I don't really care, go crazy, don't be safe, fire him quick if you need to

It's a little crazy that we hired a db coach and a justification for it is that maybe he wasn't THE db coach

I'm not saying this is bad, I don't really care, go crazy, don't be safe, fire him quick if you need to

None of your comments in this thread would indicate the portion of your statement I bolded is remotely close to true.

I’m not super thrilled with this hire - if you’re not that fine. But stop playing the “I’m just a neutral commenter looking at the data” game - and start to be honest and forthcoming about your position.

None of your comments in this thread would indicate the portion of your statement I bolded is remotely close to true.

I’m not super thrilled with this hire - if you’re not that fine. But stop playing the “I’m just a neutral commenter looking at the data” game - and start to be honest and forthcoming about your position.
Come on. Dont spoil his fun. He likes to debate with data points.

But he has been a db coach. Can we look at that? Apparently not. I didn't even say anything bad about it.
You can do whatever you want. I don’t know how much stock I’d put in it personally.

I don't care what you think of me. Why would I lie?

I did know that idiots would get upset at the idea of looking at the performance of the positions for which he was a position coach. But I wanted to see those numbers for myself so why not post it? People have argued that it's all ok because he had so little responsibility. It's my all time favorite argument

I don't think he's a difference maker as a coach at all. Maybe he is as a recruiter. I wonder how much charisma matters when players are getting paid.

I can go dig up posts where I say that I prefer taking risks than playing it safe. I thought Mullen was playing it safe.

We hired a position coach for teams that have been really bad half the time at the position he coaches. But hey, we didn't hire him to be good at coaching, he can just hire people to do that!

Last edited:
We should’ve just hired a guy who ran a fast paced, high scoring offense that put up stats. Preferrably coaching a school from the MAC.
I am amused that you think this is a good zinger

I think it's idiotic to go to opposite in every way from babers. I am not surprised that they did this. Babers was a older head coach at a small school with an o background. Let's hire a younger guy who had never been a coordinator from a big school with a d background

Because it's not enough to fire a guy for not being good enough, we have to be full costanza

Nah. I’m not cool with him calling members in the forum idiots because they don’t agree with his take
I'm calling them idiots for rolling their eyes at the mere thought of looking at how well his teams defended the power

I don’t think Brown’s personal ability to coach DBs was a big part of the hiring criteria. It was about recruiting and ability to sell players on the program. Beyond that, he must have impressed upon JW his plans for hiring coordinators and assistants, maybe even style of play.

I am amused that you think this is a good zinger

I think it's idiotic to go to opposite in every way from babers. I am not surprised that they did this. Babers was a older head coach at a small school with an o background. Let's hire a younger guy who had never been a coordinator from a big school with a d background

Because it's not enough to fire a guy for not being good enough, we have to be full costanza

I mean, it was ok. But shooters gotta shoot.

Are our ACC recruiting rankings per 247 going back to 2017. If we’re ever going to improve on what we’ve shown under Babers that just can’t be the norm. It wouldn’t surpirse me if it’s a train wreck, but I’m ok taking the chance.

I mean, it was ok. But shooters gotta shoot.

Are our ACC recruiting rankings per 247 going back to 2017. If we’re ever going to improve on what we’ve shown under Babers that just can’t be the norm. It wouldn’t surpirse me if it’s a train wreck, but I’m ok taking the chance.
Yeah like it’s so bad trying a different approach after 20 years of losing with coaches who had the prototypical resume.

I don’t think Brown’s personal ability to coach DBs was a big part of the hiring criteria. It was about recruiting and ability to sell players on the program. Beyond that, he must have impressed upon JW his plans for hiring coordinators and assistants, maybe even style of play.
Lots of people were pushing for Fran. Players, former players, alumni, current staff members.

Are we really using unit rankings to determine how good Fran will be as a head coach? So if the DB coach he hires unit ranks high it would indicate that he's a better leader?
Using unit rankings to determine how good he will be as a head coach is like us using Georgia championships to justify how good he will be

I'm calling them idiots for rolling their eyes at the mere thought of looking at how well his teams defended the power
Let him get a season or two under his belt before u crucify him

Don’t worry money…Milly/ebuck/kaiser wants Fran to succeed…he just wants to plant enough seeds so if he doesn’t he can be right then too.
So they use the forum to make themselves feel like they know something about the game. Not to have inclusive discussions about a team we all have passion for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom