Brutal si.com "Busting Brackets" JB article | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brutal si.com "Busting Brackets" JB article

I stopped reading that after the first couple paragraphs. It's amazing how many people think they know something about basketball just because they like to watch it. I've played and reffed at the college level, and coached at the HS level, and the dumb stuff you hear from people who don't know anything but who their favorite team is, just makes me shake my head. I know Boeheim has his warts. But when one of those talking heads has something to say after actually running a program for an appreciable length of time dealing with real kids and real life, then I'll listen. Until then, Evan and those like you, please just .

Whatever good points he makes is lost in the butthurt tone of the column. He's obviously not an actual journalist and I'd be curious to know if he'd ever have the nuts to say some of those things to JB or MCW in person.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Whether or not he would say these things to JAB in person is irrelevant to the veracity or stupidity of what he has written. I dont read articles in the context of whether or not the author would say these things to his subjects face.

So Boeheim is to blame for our two seniors being head-cases and not being able to make shots? I don't buy it.

You really need to wait at least 5 minutes after the game before writing these types of articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my girl had the good sense to come thru and sweep the room of all breakables at halftime.

Whether or not he would say these things to JAB in person is irrelevant to the veracity or stupidity of what he has written. I dont read articles in the context of whether or not the author would say these things to his subjects face.

I agree, but I meant that as a comment toward what I perceive as the author's lack of character. JB is fair game, but some of the things he wrote about MCW were just mean spirited and went far beyond fair criticism of his game.

That guy reminds me of the fans here who will completely laugh at the idea that MCW is an NBA prospect, that take some sort of perverse pleasure in gloating that he'll be in the D league and constantly rail that he sucks but will be first in line to bitch and moan should he declare this year.

Sounds like it was written by one of our most critical posters. A great example of taking some truth and going over the top with it.
Also sounds like he may have been someone who got nailed by JB at a post game conference.

MCW isn't ready for the pros and should come back for another year. It's been my stance all along.

Yeah, I know, he's leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? No mention of Keita? The guy just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

I stopped reading that after the first couple paragraphs. It's amazing how many people think they know something about basketball just because they like to watch it. I've played and reffed at the college level, and coached at the HS level, and the dumb stuff you hear from people who don't know anything but who their favorite team is, just makes me shake my head. I know Boeheim has his warts. But when one of those talking heads has something to say after actually running a program for an appreciable length of time dealing with real kids and real life, then I'll listen. Until then, Evan and those like you, please just .

Yeah, I hate this line of logic. If we did this in real life, reporters would only report on reporting and the media. This kid definitely wrote this from an 'angry place' but the main ideas in the piece are ones that many folks on here, including many knowledgeable folks, have been saying for some time.

So Boeheim is to blame for our two seniors being head-cases and not being able to make shots? I don't buy it.

Just for the sake of argument, why not? Maybe JB broke them down so badly over their 4 years on the hill that they have nothing left mentally. I have no idea if that's true or not, but isn't the job of the HEAD COACH to get his players into the best state they can be in before they lace up the shoes?

Just for the sake of argument, why not? Maybe JB broke them down so badly over their 4 years on the hill that they have nothing left mentally. I have no idea if that's true or not, but isn't the job of the HEAD COACH to get his players into the best state they can be in before they lace up the shoes?

He's a basketball coach. Not a hypnotist.

I think I agree with this; it just seems like the argument of "is it JB's fault that X can't do Y" is only stated to make JB look good. If you're going to say "is it JB's fault that Triche and Southerland can't shoot?" then shouldn't you also say " was it JB's coaching that made Melo score so many points?"

Haven't read any responses yet.

First impressions are that that article was at times harsh, accurate, and hilarious among other things.

Can't really argue against the general point. This does appear to be written by an angry fan. Part of me wonders if my brother wrote it...

The points made about lack of freshman development were pretty accurate. And it makes me feel like JB has always been an NBA coach coaching in college. The way he favors experience, and manages his team would fit like a glove in the pros. Thank god he never got interested enough to take that route.

When did SI buy out Bleacher Report?
The reality of the Bleacher Report is even worse.

CNN bought it out and uses it as its legitimate sports arm.

That is certainly not getting on the great moments in journalism reel.

I didn't care for the tone of the article, as the guy comes off as a spoiled brat, IMO. However, the idea that unless you have played or coached college ball, you should "" is asinine. I guess Sean McDonough should have "" when he honestly asked Bilas and Raf what Syracuse's offensive game plan was, since it looked like they had none. Obviously, many fans have no idea what they are talking about, but to say we're not allowed to voice our frustration with Boeheim's seeming lack of adjustments is just plain stupid.

Pretty accurate article, though James did improve, I think the author got that one wrong, and DC2 should be a force, he's just not ready, but we still need to see more of him.

The thing that has always amazed me is how on earth we can continue to suck at free throws. Every year?
"Syracuse is the only Division-1 program to shoot worse than 70-percent from the free throw line in each of the last 13 seasons."

... and I would have bet anyone we would have scored more than 40 points against Georgetown.

I used to say (last week or so) if we could just hit a couple shots ... ... not any more. That Georgetown game was just something. Now don't get me wrong, GTown is good, very good, National Championship good, but we need to do something. I hope we go west and don't see another Big East team in the NCAA's, but you know the committee will put a Big East team on the othere side of the bracket just to f#ck with us, at least it feels that way.

The other scary thing is JB never adjusts!
"Boeheim, the offensive maestro he isn't, got a second crack at Georgetown’s defense on Saturday after SU’s historically poor showing the first go-around. For most Hall of Fame head coaches, you can bank on improvement. Not this one. Syracuse backed the worst homescoring performance in the Boeheim era with the worst overall scoring performance in the Boeheim era."

I mean forget mam to man, forever? Well I guess so, towards the end of the game, GTown was stalling and the zone cannot stop that, It's like JB gave up, not with 2 mins to go either, but 1/2 way through the second 1/2. Like that mattered, the game was over 5 mins into the 2nd 1/2 any way.

"But I've been doing this for 37 years and no one will tell me anything ... ... ..." No Jim, You did it for 1 year and then repeated it for the next 36. Can we put Carmello in?

You know what else is bothersome? If Dion was here, he woulod have taken the ball and got it done, Who is this years Dion? Who is gonna put this team on his back and carry then through the slumps? MCW tried, he had 17(?) in the GTown game, I guess that's as good as it gets?

Ok, I'm almost done rambling. I believe they can make a run in the NCAA's, I believe good match ups early can lead to confidence, and teams that play poor zones will try the zone, because that's how the BE teams beat us, so yes, we're not dead yet, good 1st BET game, maybe even 2? and then lets go out west and show some teams some "D" they've rarely seen before and get out Mojo back.

Whew!

Mostly spot on, though the anger and disgust drip off of every word.

The team and the coaching staff all deserve blame. JB deserves a lot for the lack of improvement, lack of overall skill and the inability to adjust and improve during the year. It's been a rough month.

the only thing that was off was talking about james southerland no longer being a consistent 1 trick pony.

the only consistency James has ever had was the 2 game stretch where he hit 14 3's that included Arkansas.

You know what else is bothersome? If Dion was here, he woulod have taken the ball and got it done, Who is this years Dion? Who is gonna put this team on his back and carry then through the slumps? MCW tried, he had 17(?) in the GTown game, I guess that's as good as it gets?

wasnt the main issue last year that we didnt have a "guy"

now, we really dont have a "guy" :bang:

WHOA! why are there 40+ posts on 1 page? Did the admins make a change?

The author called out JB for the lack of Coleman's development ... yet he failed to mention in the article that DC had been out of action for almost two months with a knee injury which required surgery.

An important detail to leave out.

wasnt the main issue last year that we didnt have a "guy"

now, we really dont have a "guy" :bang:

The issue last year was we lost our center, without a center everyone else looked bad, Dion was the only one who would consistently try and put the team on his back, and yeah who is that guy this year?

The issue last year was we lost our center, without a center everyone else looked bad, Dion was the only one who would consistently try and put the team on his back, and yeah who is that guy this year?

My post was in reference to EVERY 'expert' last year throughout the season questioning who our "guy" was.

Jason Williams, Gottlieb, Seth Davis, Hubert Davis etc... it wasn't really a question - it was more of a joke on what was certainly said by a lot of people.

Nunes had a field day with it last year.