Brutal si.com "Busting Brackets" JB article | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Brutal si.com "Busting Brackets" JB article

No. That's backwards.

Sent using my Commodore 64
seeking claificatins: backwards in that he told Melo that GMac was the scorer or GMac that Melo was the scorer?

Townie, your love for Boeheim would be much more admirable if you were capable of seeing both sides to an argument. As it is, you seem to just dismiss and opinion about Jim that is negative as "wrong". Gotta get past that buddy.

PS - i dont want Jim to leave, but this program is very capable of succeeding without him at this point. it is a self-sustaining program. Kids come here for the brand, not the head coach.

" it is a self-sustaining program. Kids come here for the brand, not the head coach.? That, TB, would be your opinion. It's a bridge we will have to cross when we get to it. But the kind of confidence in the future you have is unwarranted and dare I say foolhardy. You do remember what happened top out football program after a coaching change.

I'm not sure JB is always right. But I'm pretty sure that most of his critics of this forum wrong. They learned most of what they know about basketball from listening to color commentators and announcers. Between these experts --- who frequently admit they don't know much --- and JB, I'll take JB every time.

" it is a self-sustaining program. Kids come here for the brand, not the head coach.? That, TB, would be your opinion. It's a bridge we will have to cross when we get to it. But the kind of confidence in the future you have is unwarranted and dare I say foolhardy. You do remember what happened top out football program after a coaching change.

I'm not sure JB is always right. But I'm pretty sure that most of his critics of this forum wrong. They learned most of what they know about basketball from listening to color commentators and announcers. Between these experts --- who frequently admit they don't know much --- and JB, I'll take JB every time.

I agree that we shall see what the future brings... but to compare our football program to the basketball one was a REAL stretch on your part. Our football team has not even come close to the success of our basketball team in the past 20 years. We will be able to grab a very high level coach, not a middle of the road guy (as we were did on football, given the pool that was available). Our hoops program would slap you silly if it knew you mentioned them in the same breath as the football program.

I agree that we shall see what the future brings... but to compare our football program to the basketball one was a REAL stretch on your part. Our football team has not even come close to the success of our basketball team in the past 20 years. We will be able to grab a very high
Your understating where the football program was in the late 1980's and though most of the 1990's.

I'd be willing to bet that it's a 50-50 bet that SU is able to keep at the same level after Boeheim

Make every player, and coach, on the team read those two pages. If that doesn't light a fire under them then I don't know what will.

seeking claificatins: backwards in that he told Melo that GMac was the scorer or GMac that Melo was the scorer?

Melo wanted more Billy. JB reminded him who was getting him the ball all the time when Billy was out.

Sent using my Commodore 64

MCW isn't ready for the pros and should come back for another year. It's been my stance all along.

Yeah, I know, he's leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think it may be a good thing if he bolts... something with the learning/development of this whole team hit the skids this year... maybe opting for the "system reset" with new floor general Ennis would be better in the long term (than sticking with a veteran who comes back but who won't learn.)

That is just a straight-out rip job.

Plus, it's way too early to be writing a post-mortem on this team.

Evan Williams = Pulitzer Nominee
that's pretty funny. And you may be right in this respect, they could very well have a history from his time back in the day up here, so if there's ever a potential for vendetta article its with someone like that.