Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Surprised, but in the time he played, he couldn't shoot or finish strongly at the rim. If could have done one of those, he'd have got more time.

I would generally agree there, but he was starting to show signs late in the year.

This blows. This is like losing bj Johnson. We will come to regret this ever happened. This kid is going to be good. Real good
A redshirt year (if the one-time exception isn’t in place next season) would be huge for him. Work on getting stronger and finishing at the cup

Writing has been on the wall for a while now, not sure why anyone is surprised. Expect at least one more.

There is something deeply wrong with this program. We have mediocre talent and (seemingly) available PT and are somehow still losing kids. Playing Buddy and Joe 40 minutes again next year is not a recipe for success.

There is absolutely no reason why Goodine wasn’t splitting more minutes with Girard and Boeheim to end the year.
He made the defense a lot better and one of those 2 on the floor with him is good shooting.
Jim Boeheim and his game 7 coaching every single game really hurts with these prospects.

We are going to have room for Tape and Towns though. So we better get them.

There is absolutely no reason why Goodine wasn’t splitting more minutes with Girard and Boeheim to end the year.
He made the defense a lot better and one of those 2 on the floor with him is good shooting.
Jim Boeheim and his game 7 coaching every single game really hurts with these prospects.

We are going to have room for Tape and Towns though. So we better get them.
In fairness to JB, Goodine did get 10-15 mpg prior to January.

Stinks that he never got a chance here. He’s making the right move leaving because he knows he’ll never get a proper shot.

I hope he ends up somewhere to play at a high level because I think he will be pretty solid. Maybe a Providence would be a good fit?

I expect Carey and Washington to follow suit, though HW could stay for another season and then grad transfer.

Sadly, Providence has been about the same level of program as us the last few years.

Yup we are and we need to upgrade the talent. BG is no real scoring threat and has marginal athleticism. I have no idea if Kadary can play at Syracuse either, but he's longer, better perpetrator and is far quicker and more athletic.

Yup we are and we need to upgrade the talent. BG is no real scoring threat and has marginal athleticism. I have no idea if Kadary can play at Syracuse either, but he's longer, better perpetrator and is far quicker and more athletic.

Thought BG looked like an above average athlete. If Kadary’s better though, then yeah...this won’t matter at all in that case.

I dont know if there’s room at Providence considering David Duke, a top 50 freshman started, and played well for them. Haven’t seen him in the first or early second on mocks either so I’d assume he returns. As for goodine it’s sucks because I thought he could develop into something nice but I love the Potential Kadary brings.

Attachments

• EBCB85CF-419C-4D5C-A74A-DE7A3B4288D0.jpeg
    EBCB85CF-419C-4D5C-A74A-DE7A3B4288D0.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 261

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online