Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

You mean the current system where 800 D-1 players transfer each year. Every school is affected by kids who choose to move on.
Yeah what system, the one where got Gillon and Andrew White? I think the kids should be able to transfer if they belive they can do better.

I didn't personally see enough to think his development would significantly improve our team. So I'm fine with this. As a senior he would be a nice player. Is he a high end guy, like Devo, not really.

It really doesn’t matter. We’re a mediocre team for several years.

Before this thread gets locked...
Get em while they're hot!
hot-take.jpg

There is absolutely no reason why Goodine wasn’t splitting more minutes with Girard and Boeheim to end the year.
He made the defense a lot better and one of those 2 on the floor with him is good shooting.
Jim Boeheim and his game 7 coaching every single game really hurts with these prospects.

We are going to have room for Tape and Towns though. So we better get them.

I really think, after these past 4-5 years of poor offensive teams, that JB felt we needed to have JG/Buddy on the court as often as possible for shooting. BG was a better defender but not a difference maker enough to force JB to sit either of the other two. That hurt the team and obviously proved to BG he would never get a real shot here.

And my pet peeve is people just referring to Buddy as coaches son.
That’s what I’m saying. The italics were sarcastic haha

I really think, after these past 4-5 years of poor offensive teams, that JB felt we needed to have JG/Buddy on the court as often as possible for shooting. BG was a better defender but not a difference maker enough to force JB to sit either of the other two. That hurt the team and obviously proved to BG he would never get a real shot here.
He could play JG and Buddy starters minutes.
He didn’t need to play them the whole game practically.

i keep a spare tire in my trunk. make sure it's got air. never know.

Well, we have cleared another hurdle in getting Buddy into the Top 10 All-Time on the Syracuse scoring list and an outside shot at #1 all time in three pointers!
I think that should remain our priority.

Upside!

I don’t know if all of this rests on JB. If Buddy had a conscience he could’ve asked dad not to play him 39.9 minutes... unless of course he truly believed he deserved 39.9 minutes.

Well, we have cleared another hurdle in getting Buddy into the Top 10 All-Time on the Syracuse scoring list and an outside shot at #1 all time in three pointers!
I think that should remain our priority.

Upside!
What would JB rather have..:Buddy on top 5 scoring list at SU or another title? Probably the former.

Very early commit...very early departure.
Tough loss...especially since he really wanted to be Orange
At one point, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom