Btw, Missouri got "screwed" | Syracusefan.com

Btw, Missouri got "screwed"

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
According to a coach I was watching the game with in our lobby, you have to have both feet down to establish yourself. Have they mentioned that mistake on TV yet? I'm in a restaurant right now and can't hear the sound.

Sent from my DROIDX

I wondered about that. They did not mention it at all so I figured you just needed one down.

I thought the same thing. It was really close. But no, there has not been a single mention of it.

Of course there's no mention, because the upset succeeded. No one cares if a higher seeded team is the victim of a late-game bad call. Witness us last year vs. MU.

There was no mention, BUT it was extremely close from what I remeber seeing. At first when I saw it I didn't think he established himself inbounds, but on a second look it was almost too close to call. I'd like to see it again though now that you've mentioned it.

According to a coach I was watching the game with in our lobby, you have to have both feet down to establish yourself. Have they mentioned that mistake on TV yet? I'm in a restaurant right now and can't hear the sound.

Sent from my DROIDX
Not a word.

He didn't have both feet down. No way. The replay made it pretty clear.

I'm just glad Mizzou stole the story lines from SU. Very happy for them.

Especially in the 4th quarter.

Charles said a Norfolk State Player got screwed...he was sure the guy only had 5 fouls when he fouled out.

According to Charles Barkley you can't call that in a close game. ;)

And definitely not on Friday nights. Rules are rules.

Seth Davis tweeted that he spoke with NCAA coordinator of officials John Adams, who confirmed the call was correct. A player only needs to have one foot inbounds.

Seth Davis tweeted that he spoke with NCAA coordinator of officials John Adams, who confirmed the call was correct. A player only needs to have one foot inbounds.

Funny that a coach doesn't know that. I'll have to give him a hard time about it.

Sent from my DROIDX

what happened exactly? if its a backcourt im fairly certain you need to fully establish possession in the front court first to get a backcourt violation. theoretically, i guess if you caught the ball standing on one leg in the front court and had possession, then went backwards, it would be backcourt

Seth is on top of things. Keeping everybody honest.

Charles said a Norfolk State Player got screwed...he was sure the guy only had 5 fouls when he fouled out.
Are you for real with this or do I need to turn my sarcasm meter on?

that is the correct rule.. one foot on the floor establishes as long as the other is not in contact out of bounds.

I have it on good authority (ESPN) that Norfolk cheated but since they were a 15 seed, that's cool, no story. Fab was also seen in the NFSU locker room failing a drug test. I blame JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom