Bubble Watch - Last Weekend of Regular Season | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Last Weekend of Regular Season

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Based on the current matrix (today's brackets vs last week). Also includes next game which is tomorrow for most teams.

upload_2017-3-4_0-7-22.png

upload_2017-3-3_23-59-46.png

Overall when we look at tomorrow's schedule.
  • Below the Line, there are only two teams that can make significant moves up this weekend. Vanderbilt with a top 10 win opportunity against Florida, and Georgia with a top 50 win opportunity on the road.
  • Below the Line there are many teams that are playing modest teams. They will only move slightly upward if teams above them lose but it won't be significant.
  • Above the Line, Marquette, Seton Hall, and possibly Wake Forest lock it up with a quality win.
  • Above the Line, I see potential bad loss opportunities for Xavier and Illinois who are not huge favourites on the road. Go Rutgers!!
  • I think we do take a real hit on the matrix with a loss tomorrow.

SATURDAY SCHEDULE

Primary Bubble Games (teams on table)

12:00 2nd last team in Illinois at Rutgers
1:00 Texas Tech at 4th team out Kansas St
2:00 5th last team in Xavier at Depaul
2:00 Florida at 2nd team out Vanderbilt
2:00 3rd team out Cal at Colorado
2:00 5th team out Georgia at Arkansas
2:30 Creighton at 8th last team in Marquette
2:30 6th last team in Seton Hall at Butler
3:30 Southern Illinois vs Last Team in Illinois St
4:00 8th team out Georgia Tech at 3rd last team in Syracuse
4:30 5th last team in Wake Forest at Virginia Tech
6:00 Davidson at First Team out Rhode Island
6:30 Washington at 7th last team in USC

Seems like 2:00 is the time tomorrow to catch some games. You have the two teams that can make the biggest positive moves behind us playing (Vanderbilt at Georgia), and then we have Xavier with a decent bad loss opportunity.

Secondary Games - If you see any of the bolded playing cheer against them. However most are real longshots that we don't need to worry to much about their results.

Longshot teams that can make conference tourney final and be of a concern.- Indiana, Ohio St, Pitt, Clenson, TCU, BYU,

Teams that are 100% that could miss if they lose out - VCU. Michigan St

Bubble Buster Concerns - Middle Tennesse St ,
Would Take Strange Committee Decision - UNC Wilmington, Nevada

Last edited:
Underrated - Marquette (why would anyone have them out?), Iowa, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Indiana (still alive)

Overrated - USC, Wake Forest, Xavier, Illinois State, Cal

Underrated - Marquette (why would anyone have them out?), Iowa, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Indiana (still alive)

Not a big PAC-12 fan, eh?

I'll take USC, Cal and Illinois State and give you Iowa, Vandy and Indiana. I'll bet you my trio gets more invites to the dance than your trio.

One other "cheat sheet" to assist with the viewing today---I have added the TV channel for each game jncuse had listed (didn't see anything for URI):

SATURDAY SCHEDULE

12:00 2nd last team in Illinois at Rutgers (ESPNU)
1:00 Texas Tech at 4th team out Kansas St (ESPNW)
2:00 5th last team in Xavier at DePaul (YES)
2:00 Florida at 2nd team out Vanderbilt (ESPN)
2:00 3rd team out Cal at Colorado (P12NL)
2:00 5th team out Georgia at Arkansas (ESPN2)
2:30 Creighton at 8th last team in Marquette (FS2)
2:30 6th last team in Seton Hall at Butler (FOX)
3:30 Southern Illinois vs Last Team in Illinois St (CBSSN)
4:00 8th team out Georgia Tech at 3rd last team in Syracuse (ACCN -- Ch 55 in NYC)
4:30 5th last team in Wake Forest at Virginia Tech (YES)
6:30 Washington at 7th last team in USC (P12LA)

Last edited:
One other "cheat sheet" to assist with the viewing today---I have added the TV channel for each game jncuse had listed (didn't see anything for URI):

SATURDAY SCHEDULE

NESN+ (I assume New England only)

I'll take USC, Cal and Illinois State and give you Iowa, Vandy and Indiana. I'll bet you my trio gets more invites to the dance than your trio.
We'll see how the next week goes but at this point I'd be confident in the latter teams.

Two minutes into the game and Pitt has already lost to Virginia.

What needs to happen to avoid Virginia in the ACCT? Looks like they have their mojo back.

Two minutes into the game and Pitt has already lost to Virginia.

What needs to happen to avoid Virginia in the ACCT? Looks like they have their mojo back.
Avoiding them would be nice - but when it comes down to it, they still won't be able to stay infront of Battle and Gillon.

Stalings benched Artis/Young today for being late to practice. 6 minutes into the game and they still haven't came in the game yet - only 2pts for Pitt

I gave you a like because you put it out there for discussion. Don't fully agree with everything.

- I tend to agree Marquette is a lock -- they can't do anything bad enough at this point to knock them off.
- Arkansas is a lock - they are 100% in on the matrix as well.
- Indiana is IMO the closest of the teams with no recognition on the matrix, but I still think they probably need 3 more win (if they are the 11 seed in the B10). So they would not be in my "as of now" field, but they could get there especially after winning at Ohio St today.

I think you are ignorning the other factors when excluding Wake and Xavier.

Illinois St "totals" on the matrix are inflated because of the method. Once they lose in the MVC in the tourney we will get a more accurate number. It will be much lower. I tend not to discount them because I think the commitee will be looking hard to validate these type of teams this year (just a hunch)

Cal no disagreement -- the big thing for USC and Cal will have is an opportunity to knock off Oregon, UCLA, or Arizona on a neutral floor next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom