Bubble Watch - Last Weekend of Regular Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Last Weekend of Regular Season

For those who still consider Cal a bubble (we're all entitled to our crazy opinions), they just lost to Colorado.
If Florida holds on - it's been a fairly good day for us so far. Hard to expect both Illinois and X to lose to Rutgers/DePaul. I think if X loses round 1 in the BET they're out

Vandy has made a big come back against Florida. :(

Tie game 3 minutes to go.

For those who still consider Cal a bubble (we're all entitled to our crazy opinions), they just lost to Colorado.

they are strill a bubble team but will need a good amount of work in pac 12

If Florida holds on - it's been a fairly good day for us so far. Hard to expect both Illinois and X to lose to Rutgers/DePaul. I think if X loses round 1 in the BET they're out

Would have to see the BE format. Xavier may not be able to get a bad enough loss.

Cal has done nothing -- beating 7 crappy Pac 12 teams, Vermont, and winning at USC is not a great resume. So they need to do something big in the P12 tourney.

USC has done a little more, and got two quality wins (top 25). I think they will get in unless they do something stupid (get another bad loss).

Illinois St is a crapshoot. I have them as 40/60. Don't think they will, but would not be shocked either.

But then again I am not that high on his list. They all need to do something big as well.

I'm going to go 1-1.

It's a game of relativity. Nothing special about his three teams either.

I'm confident that Illinois State will get in. I know the MVC is down this year but it's not the SWAC or the Patriot League either. If you win 19 of your last 20 games in that league, your only loss is to a team that you split with who themselves could very well be seeded in the top 32 and the bubble is as weak as it's ever been then that's the formula for an at large bid.

I am very confident that USC will get in unless, as you say, they do something really stupid. Even then they still have an ok shot.

I think that locks up a bid for Vandy regardless what they do in the SECT. Too many good wins to ignore, including @Florida and @Arkansas.

I'm confident that Illinois State will get in. I know the MVC is down this year but it's not the SWAC or the Patriot League either. If you win 19 of your last 20 games in that league, your only loss is to a team that you split with who themselves could very well be seeded in the top 32 and the bubble is as weak as it's ever been then that's the formula for an at large bid.

I am very confident that USC will get in unless, as you say, they do something really stupid. Even then they still have an ok shot.
debatable that wichita st will be top 8 seed

I think that locks up a bid for Vandy regardless what they do in the SECT. Too many good wins to ignore, including @Florida and @Arkansas.
Doesn't hurt us if we take care of business.

There has never really been a formula for these teams - it's all over the place. And this year's MVC is not last year's MVC, and is certainly not the MVC of 7-10 years ago. I have them as a 50/50 mystery. Last year they let out St. Mary's so that would mean no Illinois St. But not every year is the same. I don't count them out or in, I just don't know on them.

Would have been a great day so far if Vandy had lost. Then would have meant no big movers in the 2 chances below us, and a bad loss by a team that may have been in.

But the Vandy win could be the difference between us making the tourney at 1-1 or not making the tourney at 1-1.

Vandy has it's hands on a seed entering tourney week. Now it's whether they will do something bad or get caught.

There has never really been a formula for these teams - it's all over the place. And this year's MVC is not last year's MVC, and is certainly not the MVC of 7-10 years ago. I have them as a 50/50 mystery. Last year they let out St. Mary's so that would mean no Illinois St. But not every year is the same. I don't count them out or in, I just don't know on them.

Don't take me literally on the formula comment. I'm just saying they're getting in regardless of what they do in the MVC Final. That's my opinion. All of this is subjective and none of it is objective. There is no formula.

Massive win for Seton Hall @Butler. That doesn't help us.

It locks them in. I wasn't sure if they had enough time though to fall out, May not have been our competiion irregardless,

It locks them in. I wasn't sure if they had enough time though to fall out, May not have been our competiion irregardless,

yea i had then 4 or 5 spots ahead of us before the win today

So I am sure will ask is this win locks us in. No. This is what a maintain our spot type game which still makes it very important as time run out on teams below us. We had more to lose than gain from this game.

For the 12 of 44 that had us out (and who knows if that is the "Committee") we need more than a home win against a non tourney team to put us over the top. But the win keeps us in the game.

That's why I still have it 50/50... we don't exactly where we stand with the committee due to our great highs and great lows on our resume. And while the moves of Vandy and Illinois may of offset today, not sure where it is moving forward.

So I am sure will ask is this win locks us in. No. This is what a maintain our spot type game which still makes it very important as time run out on teams below us. We had more to lose than gain from this game.

For the 12 of 44 that had us out (and who knows if that is the "Committee") we need more than a home win against a non tourney team to put us over the top. But the win keeps us in the game.

That's why I still have it 50/50... we don't exactly where we stand with the committee due to our great highs and great lows on our resume. And while the moves of Vandy and Illinois may of offset today, not sure where it is moving forward.
Yeah I don't think so, either. But I do think a win on Wednesday will probably lock SU in, though. Considering it would be the 7th Top 50 win - this one on the road.

Wow what a huge week for Wake Forest. This win gives them their third Top 50 win, first on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom