Bubble Watch - Monday to Wednesday Tourney Week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Monday to Wednesday Tourney Week

Awful lot of talking heads saying Miami is a win and you're in, lose and you're out game for us.

Not sure it's quite that cut and dry like we saw last year, but would much prefer to win and remove a lot of doubt.

Please win tomorrow for my sanity, Orangemen. Please.

Anxious already for the game. I'm very nervous about this one. Our team is too good not to be in the tournament. We need to come out on fire today and win this dang game.

Our team is too good not to be in the tournament.
Meh. I don't agree with this to be honest. 13 losses, including some real stinkers. Aided by three buzzer beaters. If they miss the tournament, I'll be upset because my team won't be playing in the greatest sporting event on the planet. But I'll know they simply didn't do enough.

I thought last year was much of a must-win scenario than today is. However, last year our 3 best wins came away from the Dome...

Meh. I don't agree with this to be honest. 13 losses, including some real stinkers. Aided by three buzzer beaters. If they miss the tournament, I'll be upset because my team won't be playing in the greatest sporting event on the planet. But I'll know they simply didn't do enough.
You are what your record says. You're right - if Gillon doesn't hit that miracle shot vs. NC State that's another sub-100 loss along with a 9th ACC loss and 14 overall losses. If Battle misses the wide open 3 vs. Clemson, that's 10 ACC losses and 15 overall.

And it's been fairly one sided this year, besdies UConn @MSG and Ville @the Dome - we haven't had many close losses. The Pitt and GaTech losses we stormed back but those weren't last second losses.

FYI Monmouth is 46 in RPI and GaTech is 94. Those teams will most likely not move too far from their spots going forward. We need Monmouth to stay top 50 and Tech to stay top 100.

I'd still like for Palm to explain why he has Cal in, us out , but kills us for our road record.

Cal won @#38 USC by 1 (without Bennie Boatwright I believe), #51 Princeton on a neutral floor, @137 Arizona State and @#273 Oregon State

Cal has 2 top 100 wins away from home, 1 we have; and our 2nd best road win is better than their 3rd best - so our 5 extra wins vs. top 50 doesn't make up the difference in his mind?. Cal played 4 top 50 teams away from home - we played 6.

I get Kansas State - but Cal? Palm is essentially saying that Cal beating #51 Princeton on a neutral floor makes up for the fact that we have 4 wins better than Cal's best win, oh and 3 top 16 wins.

Also Cal has 19 wins to our 18; meanwhile 15 of Cal's 19 winshave come against 100+RPI - only 9 of our wins have come against 100+ RPI

Not sweating today - lose and we are in the play in game, win and we are an 11. Bubble is too weak for us to be left out

Great post. We got jobbed in 2007. We lose today and get left out? Blame the BC and SJU losses, not the committee. Think of just the BC game, we actually show up and had won that, we are 11-7 in conference, a lock. So let's win today and not have to lament anything!

Agree. I won't be happy if someone who I think has a lesser resume gets in ahead of us. But we only have ourselves to blame for losing too many games I don't think we should have.

Not sweating today - lose and we are in the play in game, win and we are an 11. Bubble is too weak for us to be left out
Felt the same way until I read Carlson's article with Patrick Stevens today. Now I don't feel confident at all. Apparently I am easily influenced. :noidea:

Felt the same way until I read Carlson's article with Patrick Stevens today. Now I don't feel confident at all. Apparently I am easily influenced. :noidea:
I still don't see how we are left out if we win today.

Lunardi updated his bracket.

Last 4 Byes:
PC
Marquette
Vandy
Syracuse

Last 4 In:
Xavier
Wake
USC
Illinois State

This is somewhat scary - I think PC and Marquette are solidly ahead of us and will not suffer a "bad loss" in their conference tourney. Which means us losing today will definitely keep us behind them. Vandy starts with A&M then gets Florida - if they beat A&M I think it will be hard for us to pass them.

I think Wake might be ahead of us right now - and if they won tonight, they'd definitely be ahead us (again, if we lose). X is in a freefall but if they beat DePaul they might ok. I'm not a big USC/Illinois State fan.

All this says to me and Lunardi thinks there's not that many open spots left.

Last 4 Out:

URI
Kansas State
Iowa
Illinois

We went over this earlier in this thread. But Iowa has a tough opener vs. Indiana. Illinois even tougher with Michigan. KState also starts with Baylor. There is a chance that those teams go 0-3 and we won't have to worry about them. However, KState moves into the field IMO with a win vs. Baylor. Illinois is right there with a Michigan win. I don't think beating IU does that much for Iowa - but then they'd get Wisconson who's struggling.

Assuming URi takes care of business against St. Bonaventure - they'd get Dayton. URI will have to win both.

jncuse's bubble threads are the only ones that matter between now and Sunday. It should be a constant on page 1.

Go Duke (over Clemson)
Go DePaul (over Xavier)
Go Washington (over USC)
Go Buttgers (over Ohio State)
Go Texas (over Texas Tech)
Go Oregon State (over Cal)
Go Oklahoma (over TCU)
Go Virginia (over Pittsburgh)

I honestly don't know who to root for in Va Tech vs. Wake. I guess Wake is still on the bubble but I tend to think they're both locks and if so Wake winning would look better for our quality wins.

jncuse's bubble threads are the only ones that matter between now and Sunday. It should be a constant on page 1.

Go Duke (over Clemson)
Go DePaul (over Xavier)
Go Washington (over USC)
Go Buttgers (over Ohio State)
Go Texas (over Texas Tech)
Go Oregon State (over Cal)
Go Oklahoma (over TCU)
Go Virginia (over Pittsburgh)

I honestly don't know who to root for in Va Tech vs. Wake. I guess Wake is still on the bubble but I tend to think they're both locks and if so Wake winning would look better for our quality wins.
VaTech. Easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom