Bubble Watch - Monday to Wednesday Tourney Week | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Monday to Wednesday Tourney Week

Last 4 Out:

URI
Kansas State
Iowa
Illinois

We went over this earlier in this thread. But Iowa has a tough opener vs. Indiana. Illinois even tougher with Michigan. KState also starts with Baylor. There is a chance that those teams go 0-3 and we won't have to worry about them. However, KState moves into the field IMO with a win vs. Baylor. Illinois is right there with a Michigan win. I don't think beating IU does that much for Iowa - but then they'd get Wisconson who's struggling.

Assuming URi takes care of business against St. Bonaventure - they'd get Dayton. URI will have to win both.
yeah I think you've identified the biggest threats to SU.

Also need MTSU to do as a solid for the second year in a row, this time by winning their conference tournament. And avoid bid stealers in the A10 and AAC.

Seriously, though - make a case for Virginia Tech over Wake Forest.

Sagarin

Wake Forest: #33
Virginia Tech: #46

KenPom

Wake Forest: #30
Virginia Tech: #48

BPI

Virginia Tech: #49

RPI

Record vs. RPI Top 50

Virginia Tech: 4-7
Wake Forest: 3-8

Record vs. RPI Top 25

Virginia Tech: 2-5
Wake Forest: 1-7

Does the difference of one more good win outweigh significantly better computer rankings?

Seriously, though - make a case for Virginia Tech over Wake Forest.

Sagarin

Wake Forest: #33

KenPom

Virginia Tech: #48

BPI

Virginia Tech: #49

RPI

Record vs. RPI Top 50

Virginia Tech: 4-7
Wake Forest: 3-8

Record vs. RPI Top 25

Virginia Tech: 2-5
Wake Forest: 1-7

Does the difference of one more good win outweigh significantly better computer rankings?
VaTech has 2 top 20 wins. Wake has 1.

Both teams beat Miami at home.

VaTech has an OOC win on the road against Michigan.

VaTech has a pretty amazing 8-1 record vs. 51-100 while Wake is 6-4.

Of those 8 wins for Tech - 2 are on the road and 2 are on neutral floors. Not only that, 3 of those wins were OOC. Wake is similar, 4 of their 6 are OOC, 3 being away from.

VaTech has a loss @ #124 NC State. Wake's worst loss is @ #80 Syracuse. However, 7 of Tech's 9 losses are against top 41 teams. Other than that - they lost @NC State and to Texas A&M on a neutral floor before Thanksigving.

I think Tech is stronger all around.

BTW - PTI said we're still in somehow

VaTech has 2 top 20 wins. Wake has 1.

Both teams beat Miami at home.

VaTech has an OOC win on the road against Michigan.

VaTech has a pretty amazing 8-1 record vs. 51-100 while Wake is 6-4.

Of those 8 wins for Tech - 2 are on the road and 2 are on neutral floors. Not only that, 3 of those wins were OOC. Wake is similar, 4 of their 6 are OOC, 3 being away from.

VaTech has a loss @ #124 NC State. Wake's worst loss is @ #80 Syracuse. However, 7 of Tech's 9 losses are against top 41 teams. Other than that - they lost @NC State and to Texas A&M on a neutral floor before Thanksigving.

I think Tech is stronger all around.

BTW - PTI said we're still in somehow
Wake has the better win against #3 Louisville.

You make a good case for Virginia Tech but it is still extremely slight between the two teams. Imo if the Tourney starts today they're both 10 seeds.

Top 50 wins
One more top 50 win is the difference between a 9 seed and a play-in game appearance? Even if Top 50 wins is all the committee looks at (it's not), that would be far-fetched.

upload_2017-3-8_19-18-21.png

If Cal loses to a 5-26 team will Palm remove them from the tourney?

Wow, what a buzzer beater by Wake at the half - up 7. I had them above us, but I am not sure everyone did, so a loss would be nice.

Wow, what a buzzer beater by Wake at the half. I had them above us, but I am not sure everyone did, so a loss would be nice.

But they are up 7. With their last 4 games they are earning their spot.
Yeah I think the ACC is pretty much set with bids - the only question mark is us (or if Pitt wins out).

On a side note - that dude on the ESPN halftime show said he thinks Wake is 100% in because theyre 3-8 vs. the top 50; but before this game tipped he said we're out. Huh?

View attachment 91166
A game that only mattered if they loss.

I think they still need to beat Utah and Oregon.
I agree. But I wasn't a big fan of Oregon State last year and they got a 7 seed. Granted - we also got in, so it was OK. But if Cal loses tomorrow and gets in over us, I'll be pretty upset

Yeah I think the ACC is pretty much set with bids - the only question mark is us (or if Pitt wins out).

On a side note - that dude on the ESPN halftime show said he thinks Wake is 100% in because theyre 3-8 vs. the top 50; but before this game tipped he said we're out. Huh?

It can be pretty amusing at this time of year is when media guys / analysts start playing pretend bracketologist.,

I agree. But I wasn't a big fan of Oregon State last year and they got a 7 seed. Granted - we also got in, so it was OK. But if Cal loses tomorrow and gets in over us, I'll be pretty upset

Two different conferences ... they were deep last year. Just can't see it for Cal.

St. John's up 8 vs. GTown with 14min left.

Slight significance with this one - GTown will most likely drop to a sub 100 RPI with a loss. Giving us a 4th one of those now.

:bat:
Rutgers B10 Tourney Wins - 1
Syracuse ACC tourney Wins - 0

But it's nice to see them take down Ohio St... Ohio St probably needed to win 4 games but nice to see they are out

:bat:
Rutgers B10 Tourney Wins - 1
Syracuse ACC tourney Wins - 0

But it's nice to see them take down Ohio St... Ohio St probably needed to win 4 games but nice to see they are out

Every little bit helps, one less team to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom