Bubble Watch - Selection Sunday (Sit and Wait) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Selection Sunday (Sit and Wait)

If Rhode Island was never on the bubble if they lost , then how did we take a hit with Rhode Island winning today.

Bc they were at least in the discussion for the bubble and they beat a team thats already in. That steals a spot from the bubble.

They should be, both had questionable resumes.

Actually Brian, maybe URI did pre tourney, but VCU had a really good year and was in the field before this championship game. Go cuse...

VCU had chances to make statement wins against teams that are better or arguably better than them (Baylor, Illinois, GTech at home) and failed. They went 3-3 vs the top 3 in the A10 (Dayton, URI, and Richmond). They don't deserve a bid.

So assuming we sweat it out a couple regions, what are some good signs for us? Duke as a 1 would be, any other ACC teams a line higher than expected, Big East/Pac-12 teams being lower seeds than expected (hurts Providence and USC)... Anything else?

So assuming we sweat it out a couple regions, what are some good signs for us? Duke as a 1 would be, any other ACC teams a line higher than expected, Big East/Pac-12 teams being lower seeds than expected (hurts Providence and USC)... Anything else?

If Usc, Kstate, and Wake get called, we are in deep trouble.

If Usc, Kstate, and Wake get called, we are in deep trouble.

I think you both nailed it. How the ACC is seeded, and if those 3 teams are called.

Yes but not by much,

Our top 3 wins are probbably against a 2 seed, 3 seed and a 5 seed.
Last year it was a 3,4 and a 6.

So yes they are better this year, but it's not significantly more.

Throw in the home vs road and Im not sure its better thi year

Ugh I hate this, I think we're setting ourselves up for a big disappointment.
I have the mindset that we are out. We honestly didn't deserve enough to be in - we blew several chances.

If this was a strong bubble, we wouldn't even be close to being considered.

The boys at CBS get it, Duke should be a one seed, they're the ACC Champs because they won the ACC tournament and you've got to reward and put importance on conference tourneys.

Somebody needs to tell Palm that a team with 8 losses might get a one seed, and that has never happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom