Bubble Watch - Selection Sunday (Sit and Wait) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Selection Sunday (Sit and Wait)

SU is tied for 5th ahead of 2 of the top 6 while Wake Forest is tied for 12th. This is just one of the reasons why I'll be disappointed if WF gets a bid and SU doesn't. Here's some others:

In the ACC SU finished tied for 7th, WF finished 10th.
SU beat WF.
SU beat the ACC Champions, WF didn't.
SU may have beaten a one seed, that's to be determined after 5:30PM.

I know Wake Forest has advantages over SU but they mostly involve losses and not wins.
Wouldn't the Committee actually take our win over Wake into consideration? I feel as though that rarely comes up with all the talk of Wake being in and perhaps over us.

According to CBS, Palm is 99% for his career (which isn't that hard since 90% of the field is a lock).

However, the BracketMatrix has only missed 11 teams over the past 7 years - so a little more than 1 per year. As of now, we are the first team out in the Matrix

Didn't the matrix miss us last year?

Palm at 99% certainly doesn't bode well for us

According to CBS, Palm is 99% for his career (which isn't that hard since 90% of the field is a lock).

However, the BracketMatrix has only missed 11 teams over the past 7 years - so a little more than 1 per year. As of now, we are the first team out in the Matrix
Did Palm have us in last year?

Didn't the matrix miss us last year?

Palm at 99% certainly doesn't bode well for us
CBS says Palm is 99%, however:

Marshall says that Palm is ranked #61 out of 88 bracketologists. While that may sound like a random claim that’s pulled out of thin air to try to discredit him it’s actually true! The website Bracket Matrix has a ranking of 88 bracketologists with a five year average score and Palm does indeed rank in the bottom third at #61. In case you were wondering, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi ranks #22

Wouldn't the Committee actually take our win over Wake into consideration? I feel as though that rarely comes up with all the talk of Wake being in and perhaps over us.

I would hope so but we went 1-1 vs BC and they went 3-0 so they can put more emphasis on that I guess. :crazy:

I'm ok with whatever happens as long as USC doesn't get in over us. We've done more than them. Wake, kstate, providence I can understand then being ahead of us. But not USC.
USC has 2 top 50 wins? SMU and UCLA both at home. I don't get it.

The #1 ranked Bracketologist, Andy Bottoms, has us his first team out

I get annoyed with people who bring up the uncontrollables of the ACC schedule. Who did you play, how many times and where.

Whatever. It evens out. Next year if we're on the bubble some other ACC team may also be on the bubble with any easier conference schedule.

I don't hear any outcry over us playing in the most loaded division in CFB. It just is what it is and you have to deal with what you were dealt that year.

This year, in CBB, we had Wake at home and beat them. That should matter, a lot, given how closely grouped we are on the bubble.

I get annoyed with people who bring up the uncontrollables of the ACC schedule. Who did you play, how many times and where.

Whatever. It evens out. Next year if we're on the bubble some other ACC team may also be on the bubble with any easier conference schedule.

I don't hear any outcry over us playing in the most loaded division in CFB. It just is what it is and you have to deal with what you were dealt that year.

This year, in CBB, we had Wake at home and beat them. That should matter, a lot, given how closely grouped we are on the bubble.
Against the top 6 teams in ACC that someone posted...SU 3-4, Wake 1-6. Conf record SU 10-8, Wake 9-9. And SU beat Wake head to head. Does the loss to BC negate all of that?

USC has 2 top 50 wins? SMU and UCLA both at home. I don't get it.
General consensus is that USC is the one team who we can't come up with a strong justification for them being in ahead of us.

I want us in more than anything but critiquing another team getting in over us is nonsense - if we don't get in it is because we do not deserve to be in - we should not be anywhere near the last 4 in - we don't have any star players but we have 4 players on the team right now that will get a chance to play professionally

I want us in more than anything but critiquing another team getting in over us is nonsense - if we don't get in it is because we do not deserve to be in - we should not be anywhere near the last 4 in - we don't have any star players but we have 4 players on the team right now that will get a chance to play professionally
We only have ourselves to blame but that doesn't mean there aren't a few teams we would have legit issues with in getting in over us, if it were to happen.

I agree. Imagine this is how the NFL decided their playoff teams? Team A went 10-6, team B went 9-7, but team B had a tougher schedule so they're in the playoffs and team A goes home. Ridiculous. We finished ahead of wake and beat them head to head

I'm calling BS on 99%. If you figure there are 36 at large teams if you miss one you are at 97%. How many years did Palm get 100% right to offset that.

Here's a pro-SU stat that I'm sure the committee wouldn't take into consideration (it's not computer numberish). It's the record of all the ACC schools versus the top 6 in the conference. The top 6 were all locks over a month ago and separated themselves from the rest of the ACC:

Duke 6-3 (.667)
UNC 5-3 (.625)
FSU 4-4 (.500)
UVA 4-4 (.500)
SU 3-4 (.429)
GTech 3-4 (.429)
ND 4-6 (.400)
Miami 3-6 (.333)
Lou 2-6 (.250)
VT 2-6 (.250)
Pitt 2-8 (.200)
NCSt 1-6 (.167)
WF 1-6 (.167)
BC 0-7 (.000)
Clem 0-8 (.000)

SU is tied for 5th ahead of 2 of the top 6 while Wake Forest is tied for 12th. This is just one of the reasons why I'll be disappointed if WF gets a bid and SU doesn't. Here's some others:

In the ACC SU finished tied for 7th, WF finished 10th.
SU beat WF.
SU beat the ACC Champions, WF didn't.
SU may have beaten a one seed, that's to be determined after 5:30PM.

I know Wake Forest has advantages over SU but they mostly involve losses and not wins.
You're Hired!!!

I agree. Imagine this is how the NFL decided their playoff teams? Team A went 10-6, team B went 9-7, but team B had a tougher schedule so they're in the playoffs and team A goes home. Ridiculous. We finished ahead of wake and beat them head to head

And had 3 more top 50 wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom