Bubble Watch - Week of February 25th to March 3rd | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 25th to March 3rd

Both in the RPI top 25. I've yet to see a bracket that has them out. Most folks have them in the 8/9 area.
Oh I gotcha, I thought you were saying you don't think they should even be considered for the Tourney.

IMO they're both around a 9-10 seed, which at this point in the season is still bubblicious.

To me, considering the committee's criteria last year along with Dayton's 0 wins vs. Top 25 teams and VCU only having two wins against the Top 50, I can't see them being locks just yet.

Oh I gotcha, I thought you were saying you don't think they should even be considered for the Tourney.

IMO they're both around a 9-10 seed, which at this point in the season is still bubblicious.

To me, considering the committee's criteria last year along with Dayton's 0 wins vs. Top 25 teams and VCU only having two wins against the Top 50, I can't see them being locks just yet.

I think they're locks. Certainly a loss to the other guy is not going to damage them much.

Both are ranked too high not to be considered to at least be on the bubble.

I am also of the position that they are near locks. The top 50 records are modest but good enough (3 top 50 wins at 50%), and the computer rankings are good for them... and I do think for A-10 teams those computer rankings matter as they try to compare apples and oranges.

However, it is possible the loser of this game has two more sub 100 losses which would put them near the line. So the loser does probably need to win one more game after this to also be a lock.

Last edited:
I think they're locks. Certainly a loss to the other guy is not going to damage them much.

I was about to post the same but then I re-considered. If Dayton loses tonight, and then loses at home to George Washington, and then loses to say Fordham in the A-10 tournament, I don't think they are breathing easy.

Unlikely, but my definition of a lock is you don't need to win any more games.

Actually VCU vs. Dayton isn't until tomorrow. Wednesday night at 8:00 on CBSSN. My sincere apologies.

I was about to post the same but then I re-considered. If Dayton loses tonight, and then loses at home to George Washington, and then loses to say Fordham in the A-10 tournament, I don't think they are breathing easy.

Unlikely, but my definition of a lock is you don't need to win any more games.

I know we've said this over and over but the bubble is so soft that I think their chances would be along the lines of 85-90% minimum if your scenario unfolded. True that's not a 100% lock so from that standpoint I'd soften my prediction. That said, it's pretty much a meaningless game from a bubble standpoint because a loss tonight for either team is essentially irrelevant to the bubble situation.

Just as an aside but Dayton is a very dangerous team with a lot of senior leadership. They're a team that could do some damage.

I know we've said this over and over but the bubble is so soft that I think their chances would be along the lines of 85-90% minimum if your scenario unfolded. True that's not a 100% lock so from that standpoint I'd soften my prediction. That said, it's pretty much a meaningless game from a bubble standpoint because a loss tonight for either team is essentially irrelevant to the bubble situation.

Just as an aside but Dayton is a very dangerous team with a lot of senior leadership. They're a team that could do some damage.

Yes tonight's game is about determining who has a slight chance of messing it up. Not a must win for either.

It's not like Kansas St vs TCU who both really need that win tomorrow night to have a chance.

Yes tonight's game is about determining who has a slight chance of messing it up. Not a must win for either.

It's not like Kansas St vs TCU who both really need that win tomorrow night to have a chance.
Who do we want to win the KSU vs. TCU game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom