Bucs going with Shady? | Syracusefan.com

Bucs going with Shady?

@NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud

620 WDAE in Tampa reporting that Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is possibly going to be the Bucs new head coach.

20 minutes ago via web
Don't think it's going to happen, but I wonder what the pool of candidates would look like to replace him? would their faculty raise a huge stink and demand that the school pay the next coach less money?

Don't think it's going to happen, but I wonder what the pool of candidates would look like to replace him? would their faculty raise a huge stink and demand that the school pay the next coach less money?
Steve Addazio would be the first to come to mind.

You'd have to think Mario Cristobal would get a call to come back.

I'd like to see him go. It would cause some upheavel at a crucial recruting time. And given the state of the Big East, you may not see a lot of willing coaches come knocking to take the job. And the financial state of the program is in rough shape so don't expect the university to get a lot of support to throw a ton of money at the new coach. If Rutgers takes a blow, this can only help SU get back in stronger in the state of NJ recruiting wars.

This should be very interesting to watch play out and fun.

@AdamSchefterAdam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.
Think it's all but said and done.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. He's done this before just to get something more out of the University whether it be an grossly over inflated salary for what he delivers or more money for the program like stadium upgrades that they can't afford.

I hope he does go I doubt a lot of people would die for the Rutgers job.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. He's done this before just to get something more out of the University whether it be an grossly over inflated salary for what he delivers or more money for the program like stadium upgrades that they can't afford.

Time have changed down there. There is no way given the fiscal situation that they are going to respond to another round of blackmail.

Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.
any chance Marrone could pull a Schiano/Ray Rice with Leonte Carroo or some of their OL recruits? Send Rob Moore back in there for Carroo and see if the Bosco coaches are more receptive this time :)

no way its a blackmail gig this time-nj is broke and he knows it-

cant hurt us if he does run

and how does he schedule the morgan state and central ohmaha tech in the nfl?

Sounds like almost a done deal. Paging Doug Marrone & Co... get on the phone! We have openings in this class, and are going to the ACC!

any chance Marrone could pull a Schiano/Ray Rice with Leonte Carroo or some of their OL recruits? Send Rob Moore back in there for Carroo and see if the Bosco coaches are more receptive this time :)

You would send the whole staff if there were opportunities.

Absolutely not. They mortgaged the farm the last time this happened, and now they have a half-empty stadium and a half-winning football team to show for it.

Would be shocked if he stayed.

You would send the whole staff if there were opportunities.
then send the Horseradish King's private jet - get Marrone's lazy butt and what's left of his staff down there ASAP!!! ;)

Wow.

I just don't think much of the guy though I have to admit he did at Rutgers what nobody else seemed to be able to do.