Bucs going with Shady? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bucs going with Shady?

Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. He's done this before just to get something more out of the University whether it be an grossly over inflated salary for what he delivers or more money for the program like stadium upgrades that they can't afford.
I was just about to post the exact same thing. I'll believe it when I see it. From what I remember, he will owe the University a chuck of money (int. free loan, housing allowance, etc), but I could be wrong on that.

Shady will take the money, coach two years and be back in college with a lot more money in his wallet. I don't think he is bluffing nor is Tampa

LOL you guys have to check out there board, freeking hilarious the meltdown going on over there.

1. A lot of Rutgers fans are saying it won't happen-denial. 2. They say if it does Tressel will get the job-wow on that one, 3. I know at least 2 of there recruits are extremely pissed about it on twitter-lol. :)

1. A lot of Rutgers fans are saying it won't happen-denial. 2. They say if it does Tressel will get the job-wow on that one, 3. I know at least 2 of there recruits are extremely pissed about it on twitter-lol. :)
which ones?

Regardless of what happens, I'm feeling a lot better about our recruiting/immediate future right now. Imagine if we had this shizz going on?

Tressel, with a 5 year show cause order, right. lol

Shady delivers ... unlike his on field performances

If it's not true, Shady will need to deny this immediately or his recruiting class could be hurt badly.

: BREAKING: Tampa Bay Bucs to add Army, Navy, FL Int'l, Norfolk St to 2012 schedule, replacing home-&-homes w/NO & ATL.
What - no Howard?

Does that me we can look forward to posts by TampaBayal and TBBBBBB?

Looks like Carroo is allready re-thinking his commitment.

Wow Schiano DOES IN Rutgers AWFULLY, and I love it. I mean he leaves the WEEK before National Signing Day and destroys their recruiting class. Nobody and I mean nobody outside a home run hire and they won't get anyone who would qualify as a home run in this short time will they keep their class. F-A-M-I-L-Y is dead if they hire an assistant he may be able to salvage this class, but Schiano can recruit and I doubt his successor will be able to keep them relevant when they are in the Sun Beast.

They say if it does Tressel will get the job-wow on that one
It's just a shame that Urban took that OSU job. We all know would've taken it, if offered.

It's just a shame that Urban took that OSU job. We all know would've taken it, if offered.

He may but MAC schools would not even hire the guy and I think the Indy interviews were just getting his name out there

@NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud

620 WDAE in Tampa reporting that Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is possibly going to be the Bucs new head coach.

20 minutes ago via web
No way. This is schady's mo. He's a better version of Tom Obrien.

He puts his name out there for every opening because it's one of his recruiting tactics. He can then tell them all that A) he's such a great coach everybody wants him, B) he 'turns down' alleged interest/offer then tells recruits it's because he has so much love for rutgers and his players. Everybody eats this sht up.

He puts his name out there for every opening because it's one of his recruiting tactics. He can then tell them all that A) he's such a great coach everybody wants him, B) he 'turns down' alleged interest/offer then tells recruits it's because he has so much love for rutgers and his players. Everybody eats this sht up.

That could be true. There are a couple of high level recruits they are battling the big boys on. He could use this whole thing today as leverage with them via his shtick.

This is even worse timing than the PP firing.

They will have to do what tOSU did last year and name either Fraser or Cignetti as interim or promote one of them directly. Either way, lots of staff fall-out coming either this Spring or at the end of the coming season.

LeonteCarroo1 RU_carroo
Never been so pissed in my life

LeonteCarroo1 RU_carroo
My future right now smh got a lot on my mind

Go get him Doug!! just check in to offer your condolences and make sure he's doing ok - it's the gentlemanly thing to do per GS

This is an excellent hire by the Bucs...

for us. Greg can't coach a lick on game day, but the SOB sure knows how to recruit. Rutgers - Shady + An Unstable BE + NJ financial woes = limited head coaching choices for The State University of New Jersey. This should immediately free up some verbal commits that we might be able to cash in on and creates a more even recruiting playing field in the northeast for the future. I like it. Let's hope Tampa Bay is willing to open the check book wide and doesn't shy away from signing bonuses. Like maybe a Blackhawk helicopter?

I totally agree. This is all a publicity stunt to make Shady look like a good HC and impress recruits. I can also see him using this to extend his contract. He won't get more $ because RU is broke. But he can add years to his contract which will make it very difficult for him to be fired any time soon. If he gets another 5 years added on, he will be there until at least 2018 even if he goes 4-8 every year. It adds job security for him and he knows he needs it badly.

I've heard Tressel has already bought a house in Piscataway.