Bud Retires! | Syracusefan.com

Bud Retires!

He was the whizbang poobah from the vaunted Salt City. An artist among scribes and a colossus among mortals. His retirement imbues only melancholy. We are poorer for losing his mighty pen. We'll not see his like again.

The-Office.gif

A Pucinni aria played softly in the background as the old scribner bid a fond farewell to the fabled shores of old Onondaga. James Fenimore Cooper himself would have shed a tear watching the poet of the playing fields put away his pens for the very last time. A pale orange sunset cast the western vales in a subdued light as our fair Rodolfo sashayed out of Syracuse -a-hoop over his well deserved denoumement. Adieu and bravo to our brave wizard of whiz-bangs.

I think that in the last two years Bud has done the best work of his career.

His pieces on the Scott Shafer/Dungey injury issue and the recent Hopkins/Boeheim situation were first rate sports commentary.

That he gets people upset from time to time is a good thing.

I am disappointed that he is leaving the scene.

I think that in the last two years Bud has done the best work of his career.

His pieces on the Scott Shafer/Dungey injury issue and the recent Hopkins/Boeheim situation were first rate sports commentary.

That he gets people upset from time to time is a good thing.

I am disappointed that he is leaving the scene.

Syracuse's Dan Shaugnessy. He was a necessary read for me when i was learning about the history of SU when I got to the hill in 94 and the Post Standard was required reading. I always enjoyed Bud's style. I have a different opinion of what a columnist should do and I always felt he filled that role admirably. I didn't agree with all of his opinions but always read him no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom