Bud Retires! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bud Retires!

I was at a Syracuse-Rutgers game at Rutgers a few years ago - I'm pretty sure it was during the 2012 season when we beat the Knights under Doug Marrone.

My parents were sitting in a box adjacent to the press box area.

I went up at halftime to say hello to my parents and their friends.

While I was walking around, I saw Chris Carlson talking to Jerry Izenberg in the lobby area. I went up to them. I stood there for ten minutes or so waiting for them to finish. It was just the three of us. I wanted to meet Mr. Izenberg and tell him how much I admired his work. I waited and waited and waited. When they were done, the two of them started to walk away without even acknowledging my presence. I quickly stopped Izenberg and said everything I wanted to say - I had watched him for years on TV and had read his stuff and thought he was truly great at what he does.

After I made my little speech, he muttered something, turned and walked away. He really had no interest in what I had said.

So, I was a little disappointed that Jerry Izenberg could not care less about how I view his talent, I still regard him as the best sports writer/commentator I have had a chance to watch and read.
that is really too bad. sorta changes how i thought he maybe. oh well "jersey guy".

Didn't really change my opinion about the guy - it was pretty funny. And I still think he's the best.

So is letting Bud continue to write about football!

Probably not. If he continues, that's a pretty good indication that corporate finds his work financially viable.

Probably not. If he continues, that's a pretty good indication that corporate finds his work financially viable.

I'm sorry but that's about the worst response ever. Many corporate entities continued to do things that weren't financially viable which is why they collapsed. Assuming that well since the boss said let's keep doing it that it must be the best option is completely without merit and honestly a horrible way of thinking. Accept everything, question nothing, get in line, follow the herd....

I was a little disappointed he didn't use any of his cherished Bud words in his last column but it was a nice sentiment.

Hope he enjoys his re-imagined life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom