Buddy and Joe ... Covid Brothers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy and Joe ... Covid Brothers

I’m just really trying to understand what happened to Woody then. Because if Buddy and Joe recovered and are playing their normal amount of minutes, how come all of a sudden Woody went from playing off the bench pretty regularly to now not getting in the games at all? Something isn’t adding up.

I’m just really trying to understand what happened to Woody then. Because if Buddy and Joe recovered and are playing their normal amount of minutes, how come all of a sudden Woody went from playing off the bench pretty regularly to now not getting in the games at all? Something isn’t adding up.

Perhaps he got it more recently than them? Or maybe he got hit harder by it. Not everybody is affected the same.

Recall that he also hurt his ankle late in one of those games before Christmas.

Recovery for each person can be different. We're all just guessing here, but I think Frank is limited because of his recovery taking more time. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Woody is the same. But I have had the same questions as you. Really feel terrible for Woody, because he was contributing on both ends of the floor.

Great points OrangeDW and CuseFaninVT. Definitely sucks for Woody because he was settling into the rotation and Boeheim was raving about him, especially on defense. I also wonder if Frank would be in the role that Jesse is currently working himself into.

The timing of his comments seem strange, as if he was waiting for them to have a good statistical game to provide justification. At least he didn't say Buddy and Joe were on respirators in the locker room during the halftime breaks.
Not sure that's the reason. They both did well against Georgetown.

ride guys GIF

this thread

This is not against your post rather I am totally confused after learning Buddy & Joe had COVID and took time to recover and they are playing 35 to 40 minutes a game. Unless the other players that sat on the bench not playing were in less physical shape to play, this is just ridiculous to play two reovering players that many minutes. Too bad we can not get a cleaner picture on players condition to play but I understand HIPAA restricts all information such as this. Just looks bit fishy but I guess we will see how it plays out over the next few games.
And its also odd that this comes out 5 games after the "pause"
its like when the government declassifies docs after so many years

I don't worry about College Athletes when it comes to Covid 19. Shouldn't be any pauses or quarantine isolation when it comes to certain demographics like College Athletes.
I live back in Taiwan, somewhere in Asia. Rakeem Christmas is playing here this season. My suggestion is PUT YOUR MASK ON, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. No kidding, bless you !

I feel bad for being so down on the play of JGIII and Buddy. I think if fans knew all along they were battling COVID and struggling with fatigue afterwards we would have been much more understanding.

Also, fans have been very upset with JB's rotation but we also have no idea which players had COVID and how long it is taking them to be back to full strength.

Missing about a month's worth of practice time as a team and even longer than that for some players has had a great negative effect on the team's play so far this season. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team comes together later in the season assuming no more pauses.

The timing of his comments seem strange, as if he was waiting for them to have a good statistical game to provide justification. At least he didn't say Buddy and Joe were on respirators in the locker room during the halftime breaks.
Maybe he didn't bring it up after a bad game because he would seem to be making excuses.

It was knee surgery but I believe it was for a torn meniscus.
Yes and then JB said he “can’t play”. Wondering whether Sidibe had Covid and lingering effects

I feel bad for being so down on the play of JGIII and Buddy. I think if fans knew all along they were battling COVID and struggling with fatigue afterwards we would have been much more understanding.

Also, fans have been very upset with JB's rotation but we also have no idea which players had COVID and how long it is taking them to be back to full strength.

Missing about a month's worth of practice time as a team and even longer than that for some players has had a great negative effect on the team's play so far this season. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team comes together later in the season assuming no more pauses.

Its just shocking that people are happy to spout off on things they have no clue about isn’t it? People have about 2% of the information but have no problem deciding the coach is senile, the players should be relegated to D-3, the whole staff needs to be canned, etc. Even now, people in this very thread are using the new found revelation of their ignorance to double down on questioning decisions by the folks who have 100% of the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom