Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder

I think players dream about playing in the nba.
He played in the NBA, you want him to play 20 minutes in the G League for peanuts waiting for an opportunity that isn't going to happen?

He played in the NBA, you want him to play 20 minutes in the G League for peanuts waiting for an opportunity that isn't going to happen?
how much do G-League players make? I wonder if it's comparable to Triple A in MLB?

how much do G-League players make? I wonder if it's comparable to Triple A in MLB?
I know they bumped it up in the G league but I'd guess Jimmy made more last year than the average G league guy.

Didn't baseball raise their wages among a bunch of other things recently too?

I know they bumped it up in the G league but I'd guess Jimmy made more last year than the average G league guy.

I looked it up quick and some website said $34,500 for G-League and $45,000 for Triple A were the maximum salaries. I don't how accurate, reliable or up-to-date the website was.

Last edited:
Rooting for the kid, but glad we are recruiting again and have projected one-and-dones versus hoping for G League promotions.

If you’re talking about Buddy, not Jimmy, he was on a 2 way so he made over $500k. Two ways make a lot more than a straight G league salary.

If you’re talking about Buddy, not Jimmy, he was on a 2 way so he made over $500k. Two ways make a lot more than a straight G league salary.
Forgot 2 ways paid that much, not sure but assuming Jimmy probably made a couple hundred.

At some point the money becomes important because you have to make a living, but we also know that, more than most guys, Buddy's family situation allows him to keep the NBA dream alive for however long that door is the slightest bit open, regardless of salaries.

I looked it up quick and some website said $34,500 for G-League and $45,000 for Triple A were the maximum salaries. I don't how accurate, reliable or up-to-date the website was.

Standard G-League contracts are $40,500, but Exhibit-10 deals pay guaranteed bonuses that are usually more than double the base salary (assuming minimum playing conditions are met) and 2-way contracts pay the NBA rookie minimum of around $500k (non-guaranteed).

Does anyone think Buddy is getting a 2-way this season?

Not much of a chance, especially since his Exhibit 10 is with OKC and they have already offered all their 2 ways. (See link below)

I think teams like to give these contracts to guys entering the league (or in the first two years). Not that Buddy has been in the league long, but entering his 3rd season is probably working against him for a two way. (EDIT - Did some quick checking based on the link below of current 2 ways offered, and 19 of the 25 players with 2 ways entered pro ball in 2023 or 2024... so it's a majority (76%), but 24% is not insignificant either. The sample was all teams between Atl-GS, OKC, and TOR)

OKC has apparently already signed all their 2 ways already, so it won't be with them. And that is who he has his Exhibit 10 team with ... not sure if a player can back out of such deal if he is offered a 2 way by another organization.

Last edited:
That's a different question. I was just responding to your comment that the two brothers playing with each other and traveling around Europe was their dream gig.

Jimmy made small $ playing in Europe last year.

Buddy should take one more shot at the NBA this year. He did some good things for Detroit in limited time last year. He had a great season in the G League with some huge games. Guys somewhat similar to him have stuck for a bit in the NBA and made some $. Europe isn't going anywhere.

That's a different question. I was just responding to your comment that the two brothers playing with each other and traveling around Europe was their dream gig.

Buddy should take one more shot at the NBA this year. He did some good things for Detroit in limited time last year. He had a great season in the G League with some huge games. Guys somewhat similar to him have stuck for a bit in the NBA and made some $. Europe isn't going anywhere.
So travelling around Europe and your brother getting paid to play basketball while your parents are well enough to enjoy it isn't a dream?

Im guessing you don't follow too much NBA if you think Buddy is playing another NBA game. I love Buddy, but playing limited minutes for one of worst teams in history doesn't put you on many radars. Swider is a better player and he is looking for a home.

Europe isn't going anywhere, but making big money playing basketball has a timeline. How many more years would you want to play for peanuts in front of 500 people?

I don’t know what Jimmy made last year and I don’t know what you consider small $ but the team he’s playing for this year pays Americans between $100k-$300k. I’ll assume he’s at least in the middle since he’s had success overseas and in his 4th year.

Guys somewhat similar to him have stuck for a bit in the NBA and made some $.
Not the Sam Hauser/Duncan Robinson example again.

Those can are 6'7" and have somewhat of an handle. Buddy is 6'5" and doesn't

Guys that can just shoot and not do much else just aren't a huge commodity in the NBA in 2024 when everyone can shoot. The Celtics went like 10 deep and everyone could hit a 3.

I think it's awesome he got to play in the NBA and the release on his shot is amazing. I think it's also fair to discuss the Pistons are the worst franchise currently in the NBA over the last 5+ years and he prob wouldn't have received mins on many other teams. Absolutely think his skills will translate to a top EuroLeague team tho and think it's worth a shot to make the move now

I agree with the perspective that he should take one more crack at the NBA this year . Hope to step up his play in G-League a fair bit, and be able to get a 10-day contract from somebody. (as anybody can sign him). But I don't think he starts the year on any team's radar -- he will need to step it up. Its going to be tough and not very likely in my view, but not impossible.

That being said I think you are overstating the impact of his play last year though in terms of how other organizations viewed him. He really struggled in Detroit , and while he played well in G-League, it can't really be labelled as great relatively speaking.

Last edited:

Guys that can just shoot and not do much else just aren't a huge commodity in the NBA in 2024 when everyone can shoot. The Celtics went like 10 deep and everyone could hit a 3.

I think it's awesome he got to play in the NBA and the release on his shot is amazing. I think it's also fair to discuss the Pistons are the worst franchise currently in the NBA over the last 5+ years and he prob wouldn't have received mins on many other teams. Absolutely think his skills will translate to a top EuroLeague team tho and think it's worth a shot to make the move now

Yeah, Buddy would've been a more valued commodity in the NBA 10-15 years ago. It's not a knock on him, I think he's made the absolute most of his talents.

I don’t know what Jimmy made last year and I don’t know what you consider small $ but the team he’s playing for this year pays Americans between $100k-$300k. I’ll assume he’s at least in the middle since he’s had success overseas and in his 4th year.
Jimmy is playing in the top German league too, which its prob between 4-6 best non NBA league in the world. He's done really well for himself.

Jimmy is playing in the top German league too, which its prob between 4-6 best non NBA league in the world. He's done really well for himself.
9e8ae1ba-4def-4ac2-a21f-6768756ac9f9_text.gif

His release has definitely gotten quicker but the rest of his game (in limited viewing) hasn't really seemed to progress that much since he left the hill.

sure beats sitting behind a computer all day from 8-5 dealing with idiots and boring TEAMs meetings. I'd play as long as someone would have me. Basketball beats the rat race and cubicle/desk life hands down.

I'd say the biggest difference from those guys is length (as you point out) and general athleticism, more so than handle. At least in the case of Hauser, who rarely puts the ball on the floor. But Hauser can defend. Most folks don't realize that but he can hang a little on that end.

Robinson's shooting slumped for a good bit and he isn't as good a defender as Hauser, but he has a little bounce to him and can use his shot to pump fake and get to some other spots on the floor to finish. I've seen him finish at the rim a decent amount, at least for a guy who's essentially just a shooter.

But, whatever, I agree there's a comparison but Buddy's not quite where those guys are. That said, if he wants to make another run at the nba or go over to europe, I'm good either way. Godspeed, Buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom