Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: OKC Thunder

As I've mentioned in the Swider thread, we'd rather see our guys play well in summer league, because if they're going to be there might as well, but it really doesn't mean a ton.

He'll play better and make a clearer contribution in the other summer league games. Nothing's at risk for Buddy, yet.

Wow, lots of harsh criticism on Buddy, I really don’t think he looked out of place at all.
I mean anything is possible. I guess he can hit a few threes today. But he looked really out of place. And the pistons have guys like McGusty on their bench that didn’t sniff the court. The scary part for me wasn’t the defense. It was that he couldn’t get open…

I mean anything is possible. I guess he can hit a few threes today. But he looked really out of place. And the pistons have guys like McGusty on their bench that didn’t sniff the court. The scary part for me wasn’t the defense. It was that he couldn’t get open…
I saw him open plenty of times, Ivey refuses to pass the ball, the he times he did he passed it to the other team. Watch the game.

I saw him open plenty of times, Ivey refuses to pass the ball, the he times he did he passed it to the other team. Watch the game.

Yeah Ivey is a good pickup but he is even a good bit more raw than Jaylen Brown was coming in.

Last edited:
Kid was probably nervous playing in front of his dad.
I’m sure, but we’re more talking about how he looks on the court. Could care less if he went 0-10. More trying to see how he looks with some nba players.

The major issue from what I saw (again, GAME 1) was his inability to get open off screens. The defense is known, but he's got to get open to knock down shots. I honestly think Europe is the move for him and its not a knock, it's reality

I believe July is an open evaluation time for recruiting. I hope he’s recruiting in the area so he could make the game, otherwise he’s not doing his job.

The Notre Dame women’s head coach, Ivey, was there watching her son too. She was interviewed a few times. Dereliction of duty? :) Or a great opportunity to see her son that she won’t readily have in season?

I just told you I watched the game. If you’re trying to be smart about it… take off the orange colored glasses and be fair. He was not good and doesn’t look ready.

Two three may wanna frame this one lol.

Ponder Gordon Ramsay GIF by Next Level Chef

I just told you I watched the game. If you’re trying to be smart about it… take off the orange colored glasses and be fair. He was not good and doesn’t look ready.
He didn’t look ready because his only real action was switching on moves where a teammate got toasted forcing Buddy to defend inside. No real revelation there. He’s definitely not ready for contending on inside defense. Something he needs to address but hopefully his teammates also won’t get so easily smoked to make him leave his own man continuously too.

On offense, if he was on the right - they passed left - when he was on the left - they passed right. He had no opportunity to show anything offensively. That is a team issue and is worrisome. Remember these guys weren’t just competing against Portland but against players on their own bench. I thought it was pretty apparent.

I'm marking this down. I think this is the first time two3zone has ever been accused of wearing orange colored glasses while defending a Boeheim.

He didn’t look ready because his only real action was switching on moves where a teammate got toasted forcing Buddy to defend inside. No real revelation there. He’s definitely not ready for contending on inside defense. Something he needs to address but hopefully his teammates also won’t get so easily smoked to make him leave his own man continuously too.

On offense, if he was on the right - they passed left - when he was on the left - they passed right. He had no opportunity to show anything offensively. That is a team issue and is worrisome. Remember these guys weren’t just competing against Portland but against players on their own bench. I thought it was pretty apparent.

You wanna go on record and suggest Jaden Ivey is worried about playing time over Buddy Boeheim?

If not that...Why would Jaden Ivey want Buddy Boeheim to fail? This seems pretty far fetched, imo.

The fact is Buddy couldn't get open and the coaches decided the other options on his bench were more deserving of minutes. We'll see if it improves in Game 2. He just needs to knock down some shots to get going.

He isn’t going to have plays run for him. He’s got to make the most of the shots he does get.

Detroit’s goal is going to be getting Ivey ready for day one of the NBA season. Buddy is not going to be priority. He really has to make the most of his limited looks and his practice time.

I mean this with all due respect bc Buddy gave us some great memories, but he’s coming from a system where the universe revolved around him and he had the greenest of green lights. He’s a universe away from that.

He needs to be able to get open and get his shot off quick. And if he can’t clear the D coming off a screen, I mean, that’s game over.

Let’s hope he just had a bad day and next game is better.

Last edited:
You wanna go on record and suggest Jaden Ivey is worried about playing time over Buddy Boeheim?

If not that...Why would Jaden Ivey want Buddy Boeheim to fail? This seems pretty far fetched, imo.

The fact is Buddy couldn't get open and the coaches decided the other options on his bench were more deserving of minutes. We'll see if it improves in Game 2. He just needs to knock down some shots to get going.
Huh where did I say that? I reread my post and I didn’t ever mention fear less say anything about Ivey or any specific player. Bet Ivey was working and looking to impress like all the players there. Buddy was open, he just didn’t get the touches. He had no turnovers so tough to evaluate when that happens. He had 2 fouls that those watching could evaluate. I will admit I didn’t watch the 4th quarter. Did you watch the game?

Huh where did I say that? I reread my post and I didn’t ever mention fear less say anything about Ivey or any specific player. Bet Ivey was working and looking to impress like all the players there. Buddy was open, he just didn’t get the touches. He had no turnovers so tough to evaluate when that happens. He had 2 fouls that those watching could evaluate. I will admit I didn’t watch the 4th quarter. Did you watch the game?
I did. Ivey ran the point. You suggested they passed away from Buddy for some bizarre reason.

Ivey doesn’t need to impress anyone. He was the 5th pick. He’ll get a chance next year regardless of what he does here.

Last edited:
He isn’t going to have plays run for him. He’s got to make the most of the shots he does get.

Detroit’s goal is going to be getting Ivey ready for day one of the NBA season. Buddy is not going to be priority. He really has to make the most of his limited looks and his practice time.

I mean this with all due respect bc Buddy gave us some great memories, but he’s coming from a system where the universe revolved him and he had the greenest of green lights. He’s a universe away from that.

He needs to be able to get open and get his shot off quick. And if he can’t clear the D coming off a screen, I mean, that’s game over.

Let’s hope he just had a bad day and next game is better.
It's been interesting in the summer league that Cole seems pretty adept at finding space for his shot. Buddy as a primary scorer may take some time to get that nuance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom