Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons

I would say that well over half of two way contracts (First time offered) do not get renewed the following year or get converted into an NBA contract. The two way contract is a nice entry point to the NBA compared to the past - but its still tough to get in for the longer haul. Its so competitive around the margins.

Last edited:
Any roster openings for Boeheim’s Army? I’m serious. A long run in the TBT can lead to things (Kiefer Sykes as an example).

2. Any Team seeking to add a Player beyond the first twelve (12) Players or add any Player after July 1, 2023 shall only be permitted to add the Player to the Team’s roster after a $1,000 Player Registration Fee has been received by the Producer.

I would say that well over half of two way contracts (First time offered) do not get renewed the following year. The two way contract is a nice entry point to the NBA compared to the past - but its still tough to get in for the longer haul. Its so competitive around the margins.
Yeah, and having watched the summer league games in Utah this week, there's so little that differentiates the guys on the fringe. So much depends on opportunity and timing for them.

Yeah, and having watched the summer league games in Utah this week, there's so little that differentiates the guys on the fringe. So much depends on opportunity and timing for them.
Buddy played in 10 NBA games last year. His long shot NBA dream became a reality and he's in the books. It is now time to focus on making some real money playing professionally in Europe for as long as he can rather than bounce around the G League.

Buddy played in 10 NBA games last year. His long shot NBA dream became a reality and he's in the books. It is now time to focus on making some real money playing professionally in Europe for as long as he can rather than bounce around the G League.
You may be right. His cup of coffee in the NBA alone makes his professional basketball career wildly successful.

Only played 3 minutes in the first half but 2/2 from 3 with a rebound, steal , no to’s. Doing well hoping we see more of him in the 2nd half.

Elijah is on Orlando but scoreless after 7 minutes missing his 2 shots and having 1 TO at the half. Come on Elijah, hoping for a better 2nd half for him.

Buddy came in the 3rd Q and immediately made a 3 so he’s 3 for 3 from 3, got called for a foul - limited minutes, played only 2 minutes in the 2nd half- only 5 minutes total. Not getting any run despite his play. So 9 points in 5 minutes.

Elijah got another 6 minutes, missed his only shot, got a rebound and another TO and a foul. So 13 minutes total, 0 for 3, 1 reb, 1 assist, 2 TO’s, 1 foul. Not good unfortunately.

Buddy played 2:30 sec off the bench in the 1st Q. Came in again and made his very first 3. He’s shooting 100% all from 3 (4 for4) in the summer league. He’s an heck of a shooter as the announcers said, he has one of the quickest releases. Again not playing much either, lack of speed on defense holding him back?

Detroit’s Sasser, a 1st round pick not looking great. Lol - Buddy is now 3 for 4 this game, (7 for 8 from 3 in 2 games) so another 9 point game in only 5 minutes of playing time.No doubt, he’s is a special shooter. Instant offense. Keifer Sykes was a DNP unfortunately today, 7 Pistons have been DNP’s so far.

I like Houston’s Tari Eason, and former Nova player, Whitmore looks very good also. Of course add in Jabari Smith - they have some excellent young players. 9 players were DNP’s for Houston with just 3 minutes left.

Agree 100% and that is most likely coming sooner rather than later. He's not going to leave any meat on the bone at the end of it. Buddy will be playing professionally for quite some time. He's done pretty well so far considering where he was 5-6 years ago

Despite only appearing in 10 NBA games last year, Buddy made over a half million dollars. I'd say that's real money. If he's able to secure another two-way deal this year, I think that's a much better option for him than going overseas.

Despite only appearing in 10 NBA games last year, Buddy made over a half million dollars. I'd say that's real money. If he's able to secure another two-way deal this year, I think that's a much better option for him than going overseas.
I don't know. You see a guy like Matt Ryan who's had multiple two-way deals and even made a roster last year. Shot 37% from 3 on 80+ shots in the NBA...and he's sittin out of contract on a summer league team again this year. Probably you are right IF he gets a two way offfer, but I do wonder when he pulls the trigger and moves to Europe

I don't know. You see a guy like Matt Ryan who's had multiple two-way deals and even made a roster last year. Shot 37% from 3 on 80+ shots in the NBA...and he's sittin out of contract on a summer league team again this year. Probably you are right IF he gets a two way offfer, but I do wonder when he pulls the trigger and moves to Europe

Yeah I think if he gets offered a two way, it’s a no-brainer to take. If not, that makes the decision a little more difficult, although I still get the appeal of choosing the G League vs. overseas. The salary is better than what it used to be and you’re just a phone call from the NBA. Just one 10-day contract would more than double his G League salary.

I think Buddy will end up playing for a fairly elite euro club. Obviously smart player and his shooting his top notch. Plus IIRC they cover taxes in Europe for players. It's a pretty sweet deal (especially if you play in a big city)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom