Buddy injury updates... | Syracusefan.com

Buddy injury updates...

Juli? Is that you?!!? :p
Seriously though, we are better w/ a healthy Buddy in the lineup. It’s the “40-minutes and a cloud-of-dust” substitution patterns that i don’t like. Goodine should’ve been getting regular PT as part of a plan, not just by happenstance. JMHO
Stop he’s on a roll.

There are a few posters who rip on Buddy just to take a shot at JB.
95% of the fanbase realizes Buddy is a solid player. The guy isn’t a superstar. He is a piece of the team.
JB has been playing too many guys like they are superstars and when the gap between the bench players and those starters isn’t that large.
Buddy should be playing an average 28-32 MPG depending on how he is doing in that individual games it can be more or less.

Instead once a player gets tenure from JB it’s rare for him to scale minutes back.
But yeah let that poster just bully people because he is smarter than everyone else.

Negative steps?

1582808033643.gif

Stop he’s on a roll.

There are a few posters who rip on Buddy just to take a shot at JB.
95% of the fanbase realizes Buddy is a solid player. The guy isn’t a superstar. He is a piece of the team.
JB has been playing too many guys like they are superstars and when the gap between the bench players and those starters isn’t that large.
Buddy should be playing an average 28-32 MPG depending on how he is doing in that individual games it can be more or less.

Instead once a player gets tenure from JB it’s rare for him to scale minutes back.
But yeah let that poster just bully people because he is smarter than everyone else.

I think JB’s thought process is pretty simple; as a team we can’t afford to lose any points. With Goodine or Washington in for Buddy or JGIII we aren’t as effective on offense. And we need all the offense we can get. He doesn’t want to risk losing a game just to give a starter a rest. Because this team can lose to anyone on our schedule and we need every win we can muster.

You may not agree with it, but that’s been his strategy for the last twenty years. Hes not doing it to give Buddy more minutes or that somebody’s in the doghouse. When we have a third guard that can play and score and not tank the offense, they will play.

I think JB’s thought process is pretty simple; as a team we can’t afford to lose any points. With Goodine or Washington in for Buddy or JGIII we aren’t as effective on offense. And we need all the offense we can get. He doesn’t want to risk losing a game just to give a starter a rest. Because this team can lose to anyone on our schedule and we need every win we can muster.

You may not agree with it, but that’s been his strategy for the last twenty years. Hes not doing it to give Buddy more minutes or that somebody’s in the doghouse. When we have a third guard that can play and score and not tank the offense, they will play.
There was a streak of four or five games that with Howard Washington was in the game our efficiency went up! So he hasn’t done well the last few games but can you blame the kid when he sits on the pine? Listen there is very little reason not to have a normal rotation and force to play these guys 40 minutes like we have no bench. It also helps these starters to play 32 minutes all season then 40 especially late in the game when they’re missing free throws because they’re playing the entire game.

There was a streak of four or five games that with Howard Washington was in the game our efficiency went up! So he hasn’t done well the last few games but can you blame the kid when he sits on the pine? Listen there is very little reason not to have a normal rotation and force to play these guys 40 minutes like we have no bench. It also helps these starters to play 32 minutes all season then 40 especially late in the game when they’re missing free throws because they’re playing the entire game.

You may be right, but JB doesn’t agree.

michael "bellbiv" Davoe of GT moves past buddy into 3rd place ACC mpg. joe g3 up to #19.

Wonder what the plus minus is for buddy the last however many games ... goodine gave up ZERO 3s last night and I never even saw a player go by him in a blowout game. Even if Goodine doesn’t score. If buddy gives up 12 on open threes and scores 15, who cares, it’s only +3. I didn’t realize Goodine was that good of a defender and I get it it’s Pitt but they have a few that can bury 3s. Dont get me wrong nothing more exciting than buddy getting hot in a game and really like the kid. Just wonder on D end

Wonder what the plus minus is for buddy the last however many games ... goodine gave up ZERO 3s last night and I never even saw a player go by him in a blowout game. Even if Goodine doesn’t score. If buddy gives up 12 on open threes and scores 15, who cares, it’s only +3. I didn’t realize Goodine was that good of a defender and I get it it’s Pitt but they have a few that can bury 3s. Dont get me wrong nothing more exciting than buddy getting hot in a game and really like the kid. Just wonder on D end
Yeah he’s such a hard player to evaluate because he’s so strong shooting and so bad on d. Even with his recent struggles he’s still shooting 38+% from 3! Even his two point percentages are not terrible.

I recognize and agree that he coaches that way. But just as he adjusts the zone, based on what the opponent is doing well offensively, he should recognize that when a shooter has tired legs, he misses more shots.

I have watched Buddy in recent games, and IMO he has hit the wall. He has seemed even slower than usual on defense, and he's not running as hard to get open for shots. I think that fatigue is why he turned his ankle. That's often why these things happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom