Buddy rebounded like a man possessed | Syracusefan.com

Buddy rebounded like a man possessed

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Just a completely maniacal determination to clean the glass today out of Buddy. You're welcome. My "0 rebounds" thread provided him the proper motivation it appears.

The fact that the backcourt didn't have a substitution the entire game is absolute insanity though.

I would like to commend everyone in that previous thread for the motivation they provided.

If I could though, and I most certainly cannot, I would give you a special commendation for starting that thread!

I really can't disagree more on the insanity thing. I can't think of a single situation where our guards should NOT play 40 minutes. It's like having two Zion's, but at the guard spots...so you roll with it. You, my friend, are the one that's insane, not the substitution patterns!

I would like to commend everyone in that previous thread for the motivation they provided.

If I could though, and I most certainly cannot, I would give you a special commendation for starting that thread!

I really can't disagree more on the insanity thing. I can't think of a single situation where our guards should NOT play 40 minutes. It's like having two Zion's, but at the guard spots...so you roll with it. You, my friend, are the one that's insane, not the substitution patterns!
zion averaged 30 mpg at duke. but point taken. they are certain lottery picks who should see no pine time.

Just a completely maniacal determination to clean the glass today out of Buddy. You're welcome. My "0 rebounds" thread provided him the proper motivation it appears.

The fact that the backcourt didn't have a substitution the entire game is absolute insanity though.
The game was too close for JB to trust Gooding or Washington. He may have been right, or it may have been a self-fullfilling prophecy.

I am generally frustrated when JB doesn't use his bench more. My reasoning has been we will need them down the road should we have injuries or foul trouble and the subs don't have the experience or confidence to contribute. However, for this game it was obvious NF was going to score and we needed to outscore them, thus he kept our best shooters in.

I am generally frustrated when JB doesn't use his bench more. My reasoning has been we will need them down the road should we have injuries or foul trouble and the subs don't have the experience or confidence to contribute. However, for this game it was obvious NF was going to score and we needed to outscore them, thus he kept our best shooters in.

Concur. Although I am willing to go a tad further.

I fail to see a scenario where Buddy would not be our best option at shooting guard even for a minute. I can't even think of an instance at any point in recent history, although admittedly that may be overstating things, but it may be the case.

His defense, and floor game, combined with how he opens the floor up for everyone else.....I just don't know how you can sit him. He demands so much attention. If he comes out we could not get the kind of looks we do.

I would not sit him in a game like this, or ever. Unless we're blowing someone out.

Last edited:
The game was too close for JB to trust Gooding or Washington. He may have been right, or it may have been a self-fullfilling prophecy.

So far, I haven't seen a lot in Washington's game not to trust. Tonight, Goodine averaged 3 points for every shot he took. Maybe he could have had a longer run.

The backups shouldn’t be this bad their they are scholarship players and pretty decent ranked recruits. It is what it is.

So I will be that guy.

North Florida bombed away creating a ton of long rebounds. He got a lot more than usual. Awesome.

Stil not someone who loves seeing Buddy playing more than 28-30 mins a game.

The backups shouldn’t be this bad their they are scholarship players and pretty decent ranked recruits. It is what it is.
We really don't know what they are or will be. All we know is that JB only trusts them to play in certain situations right now.

It's not about being bad - it's about practice. If they could practice like decent players, they'd get decent minutes. They are not very good at practice.

Plus, you think the floor would be open for everyone else if Buddy sat - if Buddy sat we literally wouldn't be able to get a shot off. He opens it all up. It's the threat - same with JGIII, if he sits, what do we do? It becomes irrelevant about spacing and that makes other less valuable. The only way to maximize our ROI is to play the starting guards 40MPG.

We gave up 13 offensive rebounds to a team that only plays one guy down low and has 4 guy behind the 3pt line.

We were basically even on the boards with a team that really plays 4 guards. We should have won the rebounding battle by at least 5 or 6.

Last edited: