Bud's contest | Syracusefan.com

Bud's contest

SWC75

Bored Historian
On Bud and the Manchild they are giving away four tickets to the SU-Penn State game if you can solve this riddle by 11AM. Unfortunatly all clues are provided by Bud Poliquin, the king of obscure cultural references:

Here's the first clue for the chance to win SU-Penn State football tickets via the on air contest, which will take place on Friday after 11am: Who am I? If circumstances allowed, I would wink and nod at Wilford Brimley, William Conrad and Meatloaf.

Here's the second clue for the chance to win SU-Penn State football tickets via the on air contest, which will take place on Friday after 11am: Who am I?: While some people see a grip, I see family.

Clue #3 for the SU Penn State tix: Who am I? From near the island to the heart of the desert, it did not matter. During my career, flight was part of the chatter.

Clue #4 for the SU vs. Penn State tix: Who am I? Cuba? I had no issues with Cuba. In fact, I really enjoyed Cuba.

The Final Clue... Clue #5 for the SU vs. Penn State tix. The contest cue to call happens at 11am today. Who am I? George Costanza, practicing his "opposite" approach to life, would point to me and say steal less.

#1 - the Quaker Oats guy

#5 - Ricky Henderson (Bud had to get baseball in there somewhere)

the prize should have been if someone could break his beautiful mind-esque riddle..that he will hang them up and no longer write

It's Rob Moore.

He shares a birthday with Brimley, Conrad and Meatloaf.

He has a son named Satchel

He played for the Jets, near the island and Arizona in the desert.

He was the consultant on Jerry McGuire with Cuba Gooding Jr. Rob doubled for for him.

Steal less is the opposite of Rob Moore.

no idea why..but for some reason my first thought was JFK or Jacky haha..i know im way off

Did not know Moore doubled for Gooding in that movie. That's neat. Good trivia.

Did not know Moore doubled for Gooding in that movie. That's neat. Good trivia.

Bud suggested that "Rod Tidwell" was based, at least partially, on Rob Moore.

Hemingway?

1. Put a beard and a skippers hat on any of those guys and they would look like EH.
2. The World was his family. He travelled alot and always carried a grip (suitcase)
3. Islands in the Stream, and Snows of Kilamanjaro (which has a desert as part of it's ecosystem)
4. Cuba - self explanatory
5. Costanza, the alter Hemingway.

I was going to go with Caruso, but couldn't come up with enough Opera references to make it work.

btw, kudos to Bud if he came up with that. I thought it was pretty inventive on his part. I think he may have tipped his hand as to who does the clues for the PS Winter Fest Medallion Hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom