Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Well its 8/7 and the Bills have yet to suffer a season ending injury, Sammy Watkins has survived his first injury scare, Cordy Glenn has returned to full practice and Anquan Boldin just signed with the team. Based on this years schedule now might be the highlight of the year, j/k (I hope).

Are we just skipping the 2017 season? Lol...

The Boldin signing is awesome. Have always been a huge fan of his, even back to his Fl. St. days.

Sammy, Zay, and Anquan is significantly better than last year's top 3 of Woods, Goodwin, Powell.

Tyrod's gonna have some help this year!

Are we just skipping the 2017 season? Lol...

The Boldin signing is awesome. Have always been a huge fan of his, even back to his Fl. St. days.

Sammy, Zay, and Anquan is significantly better than last year's top 3 of Woods, Goodwin, Powell.

Tyrod's gonna have some help this year!

Updated the thread title, got a little ahead of myself. Need Sammy to actually stay healthy for a change but the WR position looks a lot better then it did after the end of FA. Zay Jones has looked good in camp and apparently Rod Streater has been a revelation. Adding Anquan Boldin will help add some veteran stability even though he is clearly in the twilight of a great career. Thought Buffalo blew a great opportunity by not signing Maclin but getting Boldin is a nice consolation prize that will help a mostly young WR core. Also appear the TE position will a strength for the first time since the 90's. Clay and O'Leary as the top 2 with Logan Thomas impressing in his switch to TE. Assuming decent health Buffalo has a pretty solid stable of O skill players.

Biggest concern now is RB depth behind Shady. I think Buffalo will look to take advantage of cuts late in the pre-season to add a veteran RB or upside guy caught in a numbers game.

Updated the thread title, got a little ahead of myself. Need Sammy to actually stay healthy for a change but the WR position looks a lot better then it did after the end of FA. Zay Jones has looked good in camp and apparently Rod Streater has been a revelation. Adding Anquan Boldin will help add some veteran stability even though he is clearly in the twilight of a great career. Thought Buffalo blew a great opportunity by not signing Maclin but getting Boldin is a nice consolation prize that will help a mostly young WR core. Also appear the TE position will a strength for the first time since the 90's. Clay and O'Leary as the top 2 with Logan Thomas impressing in his switch to TE. Assuming decent health Buffalo has a pretty solid stable of O skill players.

Biggest concern now is RB depth behind Shady. I think Buffalo will look to take advantage of cuts late in the pre-season to add a veteran RB or upside guy caught in a numbers game.
J. Will was a projected high round pick if he wasn't needing a year of recovery coming out of college. Apparently he's looked great in practice. The guy was a beast at Arkansas.

Not a huge fan of Clay but I definitely love hearing how O'Leary has really stepped up his game with Thomas being a physical freak just needing some coaching.

Don't get too excited.
Don't get too excited.
Don't get too excited.

Ayyyyyyy we going to the Playoffs!

If we had last years schedule or had a strength of schedule in the 20's I think this team would have a decent shot at the Wild Card. Unfortunately we have a top 5 SOS or at least top 10. The NFC South is going to be brutal, the AFC West is no slouch and dont forget crossover games with Indy and the Bengals, yuck. Buffalo could play well and still start the season 2-5 or 1-6.

The only silver lining is that Buffalo doesn't play NE or Miami until the month of December so no telling what either of those teams will look like at that point.

Great signing. Perfect guy for locker room and to just move the chains. Priority, by far, is Watkins being healthy.

Spreading field with Watkins and Jones, with Clay/Boldin/McCoy out of backfield is a very adequate offense.

J. Will was a projected high round pick if he wasn't needing a year of recovery coming out of college. Apparently he's looked great in practice. The guy was a beast at Arkansas.

Not a huge fan of Clay but I definitely love hearing how O'Leary has really stepped up his game with Thomas being a physical freak just needing some coaching.

I believe there is concern about his injury history and fumble issues. I didn't have a problem with Buffalo letting Gillisilee walk after they screwed up with his draft compensation tag but I thought they errored in not taking a RB late in the draft. That said it appears Tolbert is playing a RB type of role and as I noted I expect them to bring in someone before the season starts.

Me: (genuinely) You think you guys got a shot at the playoffs this year?

Season ticket holder friends: Ha! What? I'll believe they got a shot when I see them make it just once. You nuts!? If we had a better QB, a better line, Watkins was ever healthy, Etc.

As a kid I talked all kinds of crap about the Bills to these guys. Now, I can't even bring myself to do so because they can't even fight back. It's no fun. Please make the playoffs, so I can talk crap to my Bills fan friends about football again.

Biggest concern is safety depth, imo. Really hoping we can pick up someone decent after cuts.

Also we need someone to step up at RT. It's too bad Henderson has 5 games of a suspension left.

Biggest concern is safety depth, imo. Really hoping we can pick up someone decent after cuts.

Also we need someone to step up at RT. It's too bad Henderson has 5 games of a suspension left.

I'm very concerned about RT. Hopefully things come together for Dawkins quickly because I just don't have confidence in Mills at all.

I'm very concerned about RT. Hopefully things come together for Dawkins quickly because I just don't have confidence in Mills at all.

Yeah, I want Dawkins at RT1 by the time the Jets come to town. Mills is 1 now. Hoping McD is just making Dawkins earn it.

I think eventually Henderson may be the starter there. Staff has praised him quite a bit during camp.

I like the changes in the off season, really like McDermott, only question is can he take the Bills to the playoffs sooner rather than later or are the Bills going backwards this year before hopefully they get better. Seasons arrived a couple weeks ago, still sitting unopened. SO glad they are rid of Ryan and Whaley and replaced them with professionals. Big year for Tyrod.

Great signing. Perfect guy for locker room and to just move the chains. Priority, by far, is Watkins being healthy.

Spreading field with Watkins and Jones, with Clay/Boldin/McCoy out of backfield is a very adequate offense.

Agreed - a healthy Watkins changes the offensive dynamic completely. With him out, it throws things off just enough that the offense can't function effectively.

RT is obviously a big hole, but at the end of the day, the Bills are likely going to have one of the top 10 or so O-Lines even with poor play at RT. The back end of the defense is a major concern to me; especially at safety. I think the Bills are pretty weak at pretty much every spot in the secondary and they currently look poised to start Ramon Humber at linebacker, who has 138 tackles in 8 years in the NFL. If the defensive line can't create consistent pressure (which they definitely could...it's a talented group), this defense could easily be torched IMO.

The offense was good last year; I believe they were roughly top 10. As long as Tyrod, McCoy, and to a lesser extent, Sammy, stay healthy, they'll score points. Hopefully McDermott can work some magic defensively.

I'm usually much lower on the Bills than anyone I know, but I think there's hope of 8 or 9 wins this year.

I'm going to ask permission now so I can post in this thread all year...

please......

I'm going to ask permission now so I can post in this thread all year...

please...
th