Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

While I do you typically agree with you honestly New England is stacked this year and you guys aren't going to compete with them so you're better off accumulating all these draft picks and building for the future. New England it only has a two three-year window left with their current roster.

I agree about not competing with NE that's clearly not happening but if Watkins is finally healthy he could be in for a monster season and then Franchised. Now were back to square 1 at WR as Zay Jones's ceiling is probably a 2. Just sucks to move a guy with that much potential a few weeks from the start of the season. I know he has major health issues but I don't get this trade at all.

Honestly... I like this.

Sammy can't stay healthy and Jordan Matthews is legit.

Gaines replaces Darby.

We got an extra 2nd and 3rd.

Good move IMO.
That's how I read it too. I do think you guys lost a little bit of talent but you got legit NFL starters back who aren't pro bowl potential like Darby and Watkins if they're good.
The second and third round picks help you guys build draft equity to get a quarterback in the next draft.

Honestly... I like this.

Sammy can't stay healthy and Jordan Matthews is legit.

Gaines replaces Darby.

We got an extra 2nd and 3rd.

Good move IMO.

No issue with the Darby trade, if they feel he's not in their future plans or fits the system then making this trade is smart. I can't get aboard the Watkins trade. When healthy ( I know far from guaranteed) he is way better then Jordan Matthews. We finally got him healthy and fully past the foot injury and we move him. This screams Buffalo. Watkins will surely tear it up this year in St. Louis now.

No issue with the Darby trade, if they feel he's not in their future plans or fits the system then making this trade is smart. I can't get aboard the Watkins trade. When healthy ( I know far from guaranteed) he is way better then Jordan Matthews. We finally got him healthy and fully past the foot injury and we move him. This screams Buffalo. Watkins will surely tear it up this year in St. Louis now.
Is he fully healthy though? I mean I'm afraid to even run a WR screen for the guy.

Matthews-Jones-Boldin-Clay is still a decent group to throw to.

I liked Darby but he fell off hard last year. Kinda hard to tell if it was the Rex effect or what.

I feel like we won the Darby trade but sold Sammy low. It is what it is but I'm ok with it.

The assumption must be, even if healthy, Watkins leaves next year. I love Sammy and he's a top 10 talent imo... When he plays. Unfortunate we lost him. At least we get parts back to fill the spots we just traded.

Buffalo basically traded a 2019 3rd compensatory round pick for 2018 second round pick on Watkins so it's a good trade.

Is he fully healthy though? I mean I'm afraid to even run a WR screen for the guy.

Matthews-Jones-Boldin-Clay is still a decent group to throw to.

I liked Darby but he fell off hard last year. Kinda hard to tell if it was the Rex effect or what.

I feel like we won the Darby trade but sold Sammy low. It is what it is but I'm ok with it.

Darby was rated much higher then Gaines last year despite his struggles and is/was under contract for another 2 years. I could have explained that trade but the Watkins trade really burns me. Whose going to play outside now Jones? Plus Matthews is in the last year of his deal to. Going to need to draft another WR high next year not to mention CB again. I had some hope after last night but this season looks like a big time tank with us being lucky to win 4-5 games especially with the schedule we have.

As I stated on this very site when it first went down, the trade up to get Watkins in the draft will go down as an all time draft blunder. They could have kept a future 1st round pick, stayed put and taken Beckham. I said that before Beckham became "Beckham" too. The trade up made zero sense that year as Watkins wasn't anywhere near worth what Buffalo gave up for him.

This trade today of Watkins to the Rams kills that original draft day deal and shows what a colossal mistake it was

You got EJ Gaines a corner back and 2018 second round pick.

Buffalo now has two first-round picks and two second round picks. I bet you guys are gonna get a franchise quarterback the next draft with all this ammunition.

They don't need extra picks to get a franchise QB next year. It's one of the deepest QB drafts in ages. And legit high end PRO QB prospects in the draft next year. I get the trade as the GM and HC didn't bring any of these players to Buffalo so they have no ties to them, but what they as an organization gave up for Watkins to get him to give up on him before his rookie deal expires is just an utter disaster on every level.

They don't need extra picks to get a franchise QB next year. It's one of the deepest QB drafts in ages. And legit high end PRO QB prospects in the draft next year. I get the trade as the GM and HC didn't bring any of these players to Buffalo so they have no ties to them, but what they as an organization gave up for Watkins to get him to give up on him before his rookie deal expires is just an utter disaster on every level.
If you guys want one of the top three quarterbacks you're going to need a top five pick. I don't think this Bills roster even with these trades is one of the bottom five in the NFL. The extra picks are going to be necessary to go from maybe 10th or 12th up to the top five to get one of these quarterbacks.

Unless you want a Lamar Jackson QB.

Darnold, Allen, Rosen are going top 5.

Buffalo has
2 first round picks
2 second round picks.
2 third round picks.

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen one of you pack your bags to Orchard Park.
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

As I stated on this very site when it first went down, the trade up to get Watkins in the draft will go down as an all time draft blunder. They could have kept a future 1st round pick, stayed put and taken Beckham. I said that before Beckham became "Beckham" too. The trade up made zero sense that year as Watkins wasn't anywhere near worth what Buffalo gave up for him.

This trade today of Watkins to the Rams kills that original draft day deal and shows what a colossal mistake it was

Its' been a disaster because he hasn't been healthy. When he's been healthy hes put pretty dame good numbers. Check the last half of the season two years ago he had numbers on par with Beckham. Problem is he missed the first half of the season two years ago and most of last year. Hard to put up numbers when he can't get on the field.

Hate losing Sammy but I like the strategy. We'll see how it works out.

Talk about a gut punch initially though -- work has been hell today -- I check my phone and my buddy has sent me a text "Watkins and Darby gone" and I'm thinking "WTFudge did they get in a drag racing accident after last nights game or something?"

Hate hate hate losing Sammy but at least there is a freaking plan in place for once.

If you guys want one of the top three quarterbacks you're going to need a top five pick. I don't think this Bills roster even with these trades is one of the bottom five in the NFL. The extra picks are going to be necessary to go from maybe 10th or 12th up to the top five to get one of these quarterbacks.

Unless you want a Lamar Jackson QB.

Darnold, Allen, Rosen are going top 5.

There is no "you guys" as I am not a Bills fan. But there are more than 3 top end QB's in this next Draft. They can get a good one and not have to move up at all if they aren't in the Top 3

Its' been a disaster because he hasn't been healthy. When he's been healthy hes put pretty dame good numbers. Check the last half of the season two years ago he had numbers on par with Beckham. Problem is he missed the first half of the season two years ago and most of last year. Hard to put up numbers when he can't get on the field.

Reliability and durability were knocks on him coming into the NFL. Which is why the trade to move up to get him was so bad.

Hate losing Sammy but I like the strategy. We'll see how it works out.

Talk about a gut punch initially though -- work has been hell today -- I check my phone and my buddy has sent me a text "Watkins and Darby gone" and I'm thinking "WTFudge did they get in a drag racing accident after last nights game or something?"

Hate hate hate losing Sammy but at least there is a freaking plan in place for once.

Agree with you 100% about the organization having a plan for a change. I believe in the new front office and I think they did a heck of a job getting six picks in the first 3 rounds. As alsacs noted Buffalo is primed to get a top QB or at worst a couple of high end guys in the first couple fo rounds with all those picks. Still not a fan of the Watkins trade but I at least understand what they are trying to do.

Just saw this stat on factoid on twitter..."Bills have drafted 8 players in 1st & 2nd rounds between 2012 and 2015. Only one (Cordy Glenn) remains with the team now."

They are stockpiling picks not for a QB but to rebuild their roster. They will be able to get a quality QB in the first two rounds of the draft next year, no reason to move up unless they fall in love with someone.

Reliability and durability were knocks on him coming into the NFL. Which is why the trade to move up to get him was so bad.
Absolutely, horrible trade.

Said it then and will say it now, in order to make it be a winner, Sammy would've had to have had 200 catch seasons or played for 20.

U don't give a 1 for a WR.

It's risky enough as it is.

And FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!! DID MATT MILLON TEACH US NOTHING ABOUT DRAFTING WRs!!!

He's only fully past the foot injury until the next foot injury comes along.

Losing Sammy is definitely the tougher part of the trade. As you said, he's way better than Matthews when healthy. But it's hard to know if he'll ever truly be past the foot issues. Having foot issues when your game is so reliant on his elite footwork is not a good thing.

Absolutely, horrible trade.

Said it then and will say it now, in order to make it be a winner, Sammy would've had to have had 200 catch seasons or played for 20.

U don't give a 1 for a WR.

It's risky enough as it is.

And FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!! DID MATT MILLON TEACH US NOTHING ABOUT DRAFTING WRs!!!
Who extended the invite?

Who extended the invite?
Alsacs.

I'm on his team for this threads purpose.

Wyatt Earp knew better than to let Doc Holliday become a cowboy and shoot with the Clantons and Johnny Ringo...u had your 'shot'...