Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Here is another one.

Being a Patriots fan towards Bills fans it's like Yankee fans towards Red Sox fans pre-2004.

I've been to a handful of games in recent years and have not seen one security person in tailgate areas. Not sure if that's the way it is at other stadiums. Always sit in the Rock Pile.

I've been to a handful of games in recent years and have not seen one security person in tailgate areas. Not sure if that's the way it is at other stadiums. Always sit in the Rock Pile.

I think a lot of this stuff takes place in non-Bills owned lots (Hammer lot, Danny's, etc.), so it's up to the owners of those lots to provide security. Probably won't happen until it's too late and someone is seriously injured or dies. But yeah, I would say security in the Bills lots is pretty sparse also. Mostly just temp workers directing traffic.

Pray Tyrod doesnt get hurt because Yates is awful my god.

Pray Tyrod doesnt get hurt because Yates is awful my god.

I'm not getting the game on tv here in KC but just from reading the practice reports, sounds like backup QB is a serious concern for sure.

I'm not getting the game on tv here in KC but just from reading the practice reports, sounds like backup QB is a serious concern for sure.

EJ Manuel looks like Joe Montana compared to Yates. Might need to sign another veteran after cuts.

Reading a lot of buzz over Peterman..?

I thought he looked good, definitely better then Yates who was an absolute dumpster fire. Watched most of the game in between the Yankees leaving 8 million runners on base again, so I feel empowered to make the following comments:

Good on the staff to sit McCoy, his first carry should be against the Jets.

Thought the 1st team defense looked really good, again can't put to much stock into the 1st game but I thought they looked good. Yarbough was a beast out there and the secondary seemed fine. Williams looked very good in replace of the McCoy and should be a nice complement if he can stay healthy (tweaked his hamstring apparently). I thought Tolbert looked good as well really ran well downhill and can be a nice rb/fb type. The new FB Dimarco played well as well. Watkins looked like his oldself but I find my self holding my breath everytime he makes a catch. I don't have much faith in him making it all 16 games unfortunately. Hauschka looked fine and the Bills bench was not incompetent which was nice to see.

On the downside Yates looked awful, if he has to see any meaningful time this year were f'ed. The Oline wasn't great in pass protection especially after the 1st unit was done. Tyrod was sacked once and had to escape another with some fancy moves. Need to Glenn back ASAP. The Secondary depth as most feared is pretty poor, team really should look into Jarius Byrd or another veteran guy to help shore it up. Any injuries back there and we are in a world of hurt. The defense from the starters on down struggled with covering backs out fo the backfield, not a good sign when you play the Patriots twice. Thought the return guys all looked shaky and Tawain Jones had a few bonehead plays including hitting a PR who called for a fair catch and dropping what was probably a TD pass. Speaking of depth not much in the way at RB after William, Barynard looked like a journeyman and the rookie kid who played after was meh.

This should be an area we target once cuts are made, team needs a 3rd RB. Good news is there didn't appear to be any major injuries and the starters on both sides looked competent.

I thought he looked good, definitely better then Yates who was an absolute dumpster fire. Watched most of the game in between the Yankees leaving 8 million runners on base again, so I feel empowered to make the following comments:

Good on the staff to sit McCoy, his first carry should be against the Jets.

Thought the 1st team defense looked really good, again can't put to much stock into the 1st game but I thought they looked good. Yarbough was a beast out there and the secondary seemed fine. Williams looked very good in replace of the McCoy and should be a nice complement if he can stay healthy (tweaked his hamstring apparently). I thought Tolbert looked good as well really ran well downhill and can be a nice rb/fb type. The new FB Dimarco played well as well. Watkins looked like his oldself but I find my self holding my breath everytime he makes a catch. I don't have much faith in him making it all 16 games unfortunately. Hauschka looked fine and the Bills bench was not incompetent which was nice to see.

On the downside Yates looked awful, if he has to see any meaningful time this year were 'ed. The Oline wasn't great in pass protection especially after the 1st unit was done. Tyrod was sacked once and had to escape another with some fancy moves. Need to Glenn back ASAP. The Secondary depth as most feared is pretty poor, team really should look into Jarius Byrd or another veteran guy to help shore it up. Any injuries back there and we are in a world of hurt. The defense from the starters on down struggled with covering backs out fo the backfield, not a good sign when you play the Patriots twice. Thought the return guys all looked shaky and Tawain Jones had a few bonehead plays including hitting a PR who called for a fair catch and dropping what was probably a TD pass. Speaking of depth not much in the way at RB after William, Barynard looked like a journeyman and the rookie kid who played after was meh.

This should be an area we target once cuts are made, team needs a 3rd RB. Good news is there didn't appear to be any major injuries and the starters on both sides looked competent.

Peterman will be the back-up, imo. Didn't watch any of the game but didn't need to to know Yates is brutal.

Forgot to add that penalties were again a huge issue. Not as bad as the Ryan era but close. Really hope McDermott continues to press the team on cleaning up this issue. The pieces are there for this team to be able to make a run in a year or two if they continue to draft smart. Problem is McCoy is 29 with a lot of mileage and Watkins is obviously in the last year of his deal. Assuming Sammy can have a breakout year Buffalo is going to have to franchise tag him and then look to shore up WR, the Secondary, OL and DE in the draft. Having two 1st round picks next year could go along away in getting this team a window opportunity to actually make the playoffs.

Soooo did we just trade Watkins?
You got EJ Gaines a corner back and 2018 second round pick.

Buffalo now has two first-round picks and two second round picks. I bet you guys are gonna get a franchise quarterback the next draft with all this ammunition.

Soooo did we just trade Watkins?

And Darby!?

I am not on board with this, terrible decision. We finally get this guy back healthy and we trade him? Makes absolutely no sense, none. Idiotic. The Brooks trade I am fine with but why move Watkins. Ugh I give up.

Buffalo has
2 first round picks
2 second round picks.
2 third round picks.

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen one of you pack your bags to Orchard Park.

I am not on board with this, terrible decision. We finally get this guy back healthy and we trade him? Makes absolutely no sense, none. Idiotic. The Brooks trade I am fine with but why move Watkins. Ugh I give up.
While I do you typically agree with you honestly New England is stacked this year and you guys aren't going to compete with them so you're better off accumulating all these draft picks and building for the future. New England it only has a two three-year window left with their current roster.

Buffalo has
2 first round picks
2 second round picks.
2 third round picks.

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen one of you pack your bags to Orchard Park.

I love stockpiling picks but jesus did we really need to move our #1 wr and cb a month before the season started. Watkins is primed for a monster season if healthy. This blows