Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Matthews is certainly just as good in the passing game as Woods IMO. I'm not really sure about Matthews run blocking, but I know that was a huge strength of Woods.

Zay...I like the kid and he looked good in preseason, but it goes without saying that it hasn't been a great start to his career in the regular season. He could certainly get to Woods' level at some point and could be better long-term and obviously I hope that becomes the case. I still wish Buffalo had taken Cooper Kupp though (and honestly, they could have had both Zay and Kupp if they wanted to).

Buffalo definitely should have taken another WR in the draft, the lack of bodies let alone talent at that position right now is very scary. Bills should bump Reilly to the 53 and re-sign Streeter as soon as he is eligible which I believe is after week six.

Buffalo definitely should have taken another WR in the draft, the lack of bodies let alone talent at that position right now is very scary. Bills should bump Reilly to the 53 and re-sign Streeter as soon as he is eligible which I believe is after week six.

I think they have that Powell guy coming back to the 53 man roster soon, don't they?

No doubt they need more receiving talent though. If the Bills don't have to trade up for the QB they want (which seems legitimately possible with the # of QB prospects out there this year), I would have to think they'll target another WR with their late 1st or one of their Day 2 picks.

I feel Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones are just as good, if not better than Robert Woods. Im not up in arms by him having a 100 yard receiving game against the 49ers.

Sammy on the other hand.. Let's just say OBD could really use a win on Sunday after the horrific offensive performance against Carolina and McDermott subsequently calling out the WR's followed up by big time games for our two former pass catchers with NFLN ripping the Bills Organization on air.

However, yes, we all know Sammy has All-Pro potential but he also always seems to be injured. Concussion protocol is a new one for him but it always seems to be something.
Might be gone for a bit but it's not like he fell off the edge of the earth.

Sidenote: What a fun year for the Bills to finally appear poised to take a QB early in the draft. There are soooo many QB prospects to check out this year. I'm sure that one of these 1st round prospects will return to school to try to get in a weaker QB class, but we're only like 3 weeks into college so far and I'm already having a blast watching these guys.

I'm very curious to see what the Bills end up doing. For example, I have Lamar Jackson as my #2 or 3 QB prospect after Darnold, but I don't think he's a particularly good fit for the offensive system that Dennison seems to favor.

Right now, I have them ranked as follows:

1. Darnold
2. Lamar
3. Josh Allen
4. Luke Falk
5. Baker Mayfield
6. Josh Rosen
7. Mason Rudolph
8. Nick Fitzgerald
9. Riley Ferguson

This is my first game being able to watch on tv this year. Wow - just keeps you on the edge of your seat knowing that at any moment our offense can hit the end zone.....;)

Hughes roughing was pretty ticky tack but he has to know the NFL is b***hmade and they'll call that everytime against a darling team.

McDermott should go ahead and go for it there.

Should Tyrod have made that throw to a wide open Zay or have my standards for him dropped so much that I'm acting like it was a pressured throw?

Should Tyrod have made that throw to a wide open Zay or have my standards for him dropped so much that I'm acting like it was a pressured throw?

It was a pressured throw for sure, but one an NFL QB needs to figure out a way to make.

Nice use of the challenge McDermott. Not a strong point for Rex

To me that's a catch and fumble ... 3 steps w the ball... I'll take the break

To me that's a catch and fumble ... 3 steps w the ball... I'll take the break

That's what I thought but I'm not complaining.

Team playing fairly well. To much Tolbert and Tyrod to hit or miss