Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Bills sign DE Trent Murphy 3 yrs/$21 mil.

Sal confirms it's "part" of his emoji. "Lots of moving parts today, doesn't mean all will happen".

Also reported that this signing doesn't affect Jerry Hughes.

Nice D-Line on paper.

Hughes - Star - KW - Murphy

We can chalk this signing up in the category of ones that I like.

Only concern is the cost. No clue how this guy went from sought after to having guys like Bradford, Bridgewater, Glennon etc taken left and right before him.

Your new QB, Buffalo.

image003-1-e1505167305738.jpg

Katherine can stay though.

This is the bridge guy I wanted from the start. Cheapest (hopefully) with the most untapped potential of all the UFA QB’s available.

Beane is the freaking man so far. Just 2 more huge things to be done. Get HIS qb in the draft. And get us a LB.

This is the bridge guy I wanted from the start. Cheapest (hopefully) with the most untapped potential of all the UFA QB’s available.

Beane is the freaking man so far. Just 2 more huge things to be done. Get HIS qb in the draft. And get us a LB.
Both Star and AJ's numbers not released. Nobody has any clue what we're paying these two lol. I've never heard of this in the NFL where numbers are reported within 10 seconds of the signing.

Also agree. We didn't give up anything so AJ doesn't prevent us from getting Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen, in fact Shefter tweeted out that Buffalo will still be aggressive in the Draft to get their guy. He's also enough of a mystery that he could possibly be good.

Both Star and AJ's numbers not released. Nobody has any clue what we're paying these two lol. I've never heard of this in the NFL where numbers are reported within 10 seconds of the signing.

Also agree. We didn't give up anything so AJ doesn't prevent us from getting Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen, in fact Shefter tweeted out that Buffalo will still be aggressive in the Draft to get their guy. He's also enough of a mystery that he could possibly be good.

Super odd that no terms have been leaked in Star’s contract. It’s been days.

McCarron just signed so hopefully we know soon and hopefully the number is real low.

Already seeing NFL Reporters wonder out loud if Buffalo still goes all in on trading up.

I think we will but also wouldn't be surprised if that trade up is from 22 to 10/11 for Roquan or Vita instead of from 12 to 2.

AJ McCarron could let them feel comfortable with any of the Big 4, whereas bringing in a vet backup almost guaranteed the need to draft Pro-Ready Rosen.

Bills sign DE Trent Murphy 3 yrs/$21 mil.

Sal confirms it's "part" of his emoji. "Lots of moving parts today, doesn't mean all will happen".

Also reported that this signing doesn't affect Jerry Hughes.

Nice D-Line on paper.

Hughes - Star - KW - Murphy

I saw a lot of Murphy as my Birds would see him twice a year. I thought he was a good pass rusher - he caused us problems in a few games.

AJ - 2 yrs/$10 mil

Additional $6.5 mil available in incentives based on playing time.

Very inexpensive. Hell Philly is paying their backup more than that. Oh but what a fine backup he is. ;)

Seriously, with all of those draft picks the Bills have in the first three rounds they are in an excellent position to address a lot of needs. I guess it all depends on which QB they like.

Preston Brown signs with the Bengals.

Not going to lie, was a bit concerned we reportedly had a "standing offer" for Brown. Maybe it was a bargain basement offer for a backup role but this guy doesn't fit our defense at all. He's solid but I want more Matt Milano's and no more Preston Browns.

Not going to lie, was a bit concerned we reportedly had a "standing offer" for Brown. Maybe it was a bargain basement offer for a backup role but this guy doesn't fit our defense at all. He's solid but I want more Matt Milano's and no more Preston Browns.

Agreed but this is still a tough loss. We basically only have 1 starting LB now unless the Lorax is going to play all 16 games again. Was hoping to bring Brown back if nothing else to shore up the LB core for the next few years. Bills are becoming LB U, Bradham in Philly, the other Brown in Washington and now Preston in Cincy.

Agreed but this is still a tough loss. We basically only have 1 starting LB now unless the Lorax is going to play all 16 games again. Was hoping to bring Brown back if nothing else to shore up the LB core for the next few years. Bills are becoming LB U, Bradham in Philly, the other Brown in Washington and now Preston in Cincy.
Bradham and Z Brown hurt because they fit our defense. P Brown, not so much.

Pretty sure Lorax is a rotational pass rusher next year. He could move back to LB if needed but I don't think that's what the staff has in mind.

We signed Julian Stanford to more than a vet min so clearly they see something in him. I believe all we have on the roster at LB are Milano, Stanford and Vallejo.

Preston isn't a great fit but Buffalo still needs to acquire two starting linebackers IMO and add depth. I'd like to see 3 LBs added by the time the draft ends.

Apparently Trent Murphy said that one of his former teammates might be his new roomie in Buffalo; I would guess it's Will Compton, free agent linebacker.

But some of the other possibilities:
Terrelle Pryor
Ryan Grant
Sua Cravens (in a trade)

Apparently Trent Murphy said that one of his former teammates might be his new roomie in Buffalo; I would guess it's Will Compton, free agent linebacker.

But some of the other possibilities:
Terrelle Pryor
Ryan Grant
Sua Cravens (in a trade)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online