Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

If Buffalo wasn’t already planning to replace him, they should be now. There’s no reason he should enter the season as more than the #4 WR.

And I hope that whatever is going on with him, he gets better. Always seemed like a nice kid.

Agree. Can't depend on him after seeing that. Apparently we have reached out to former Jags WR Allen Hurns to gauge interest. He might be a solid addition but certainly no superstar.

Zay has been in Buffalo for most of the off season and appears to be a really good guy, to me this wreaks of a kid who got over his SKI's and partying in LA when he typically really doesn't do much of that. He flips the F out and this is what you get. Who knows what type of designer drug he was on but clearly it was something he isn't accustom to handling nor has much if any experience with. Reminds me of how certain people reacted to pyschadelics back in the day, not for everyone and you certainly need to manage your own game here. You add these type of drugs with a bunch of booze and it goes bad for sure

I don't think Zay did much last year and stuff like this can get you cut when you are marginal player be interesting to see what happens. If it weren't for his brother he would most likely be dead. I could be wrong of course but I like my odds putting the pieces together a bit. Glad he is OK and I am sure a kid like Zay will learn from it and move on.

I am sure Mr Zay is doing some serious soul searching yesterday and today

Last edited:
Sucks that this is on video. You hear stories of people losing it but when there's video of you running around a hallway naked and making no sense followed by a forensics files video showing blood and broken glass, it makes it real.

I read that mental illness runs in his fathers side of the family. That seemed to be a bit more than schizophrenia, and it's more likely that he took something that triggered it but you never know. Sometimes mental illness can be set off by substance abuse.

He clearly needs help and I hope Buffalo gives him another chance. Like IB said, he was trying to jump out a 30 story window.. if his brother wasn't there, that story ends up being about a Buffalo WR that killed himself.

Also, KC Chiefs fans are reading Sammy's tweets like who the hell did we just sign..??

Thompson signed with Dallas today, would have liked Buffalo to bring him back. Right now LB and WR seem to be the two positions in the most desperate need of a pre-draft upgrade with CB not far behind. I wasn't in love with he Newhouse and Center signings but it does give the Bills some much needed depth and guys who are veterans and can maybe push Mills/Ducasse. I wouldn't be surprised if Newhouse was cut in the final roster shakedown but at least were making an effort to get some kind of depth.

As for WR, Bills should really look at bringing back Matthews at this point, the only WRs right now are Benjamin (coming of surgery) Zay(god knows what his status is) and Reilly the UDFA from last year. Forgot about Rod Streeter, he looked good before his injury last year and can hopefully stay healthy. Still I think Buffalo needs at least 1 FA WR and another in the draft.

Thompson signed with Dallas today, would have liked Buffalo to bring him back. Right now LB and WR seem to be the two positions in the most desperate need of a pre-draft upgrade with CB not far behind. I wasn't in love with he Newhouse and Center signings but it does give the Bills some much needed depth and guys who are veterans and can maybe push Mills/Ducasse. I wouldn't be surprised if Newhouse was cut in the final roster shakedown but at least were making an effort to get some kind of depth.

As for WR, Bills should really look at bringing back Matthews at this point, the only WRs right now are Benjamin (coming of surgery) Zay(god knows what his status is) and Reilly the UDFA from last year. Forgot about Rod Streeter, he looked good before his injury last year and can hopefully stay healthy. Still I think Buffalo needs at least 1 FA WR and another in the draft.
Hopefully Miller can take back the RG spot now that we're back in a power scheme. He, at least, has some upside. I'm confident in Dawkins at LT, Incognito at LG, Groy at C but it seems like the same mess at RG/RT we had last year but with some new mediocre bodies added to the mix.

Our D-Line is tremendously improved and should be a strong unit with good rotational depth but I agree with you on LB and CB depth. Who do we even have after White and Davis? LB, we have one starter in Milano and depth in Humber, Strickland and Vallejo. Not sure where we find 2 starters when we are potentially trading away the entire draft. Hopefully we get 1 or 2 of the visits (Compton/Dansby/Minter).

WR - We were in on Hurns so I guess the FO realizes we need help. Right now our 3 wide is Benjamin, Zay and Streater. AKA, a guy coming off an injury, a guy coming off a mental breakdown and another guy coming off an injury.

Hopefully Miller can take back the RG spot now that we're back in a power scheme. He, at least, has some upside. I'm confident in Dawkins at LT, Incognito at LG, Groy at C but it seems like the same mess at RG/RT we had last year but with some new mediocre bodies added to the mix.

Our D-Line is tremendously improved and should be a strong unit with good rotational depth but I agree with you on LB and CB depth. Who do we even have after White and Davis? LB, we have one starter in Milano and depth in Humber, Strickland and Vallejo. Not sure where we find 2 starters when we are potentially trading away the entire draft. Hopefully we get 1 or 2 of the visits (Compton/Dansby/Minter).

WR - We were in on Hurns so I guess the FO realizes we need help. Right now our 3 wide is Benjamin, Zay and Streater. AKA, a guy coming off an injury, a guy coming off a mental breakdown and another guy coming off an injury.

I guess they expect Lorax to see time at LB again as he is still on the roster and had some positive moments though obviously not nearly as productive as 2 years ago. I believe they had Dunlap in for a visit yesterday, older guy for sure but maybe someone you could platoon with Strickland for a bridge year before you can bring in someone next year via the draft and or FA. I am confident in Milano so at least there is a building block there. Safety seems to be in great hands right now especially with the Bush signing for depth but CB is really thin. Were probably out on Gaines due to $ but I would love to bring him back to pair with Davis as both have injury histories. If the Bills dont trade up they can really fill the roster with the amount of draft picks we have in the first 3 rounds but then obviously no franchise QB.

At this point Darnold seems like hes a goner to Cle or at the latest pick 2 so unless Buffalo really likes someone else they maybe better of staying put at 12 and perhaps taking Lamar Jackson. Would give us 5 picks after that through round 3 and we could also trade 22 back down to maybe pick up another 1 or 2 next year in case we need to try again with a QB in 2019.

I guess they expect Lorax to see time at LB again as he is still on the roster and had some positive moments though obviously not nearly as productive as 2 years ago. I believe they had Dunlap in for a visit yesterday, older guy for sure but maybe someone you could platoon with Strickland for a bridge year before you can bring in someone next year via the draft and or FA. I am confident in Milano so at least there is a building block there. Safety seems to be in great hands right now especially with the Bush signing for depth but CB is really thin. Were probably out on Gaines due to $ but I would love to bring him back to pair with Davis as both have injury histories. If the Bills dont trade up they can really fill the roster with the amount of draft picks we have in the first 3 rounds but then obviously no franchise QB.

At this point Darnold seems like hes a goner to Cle or at the latest pick 2 so unless Buffalo really likes someone else they maybe better of staying put at 12 and perhaps taking Lamar Jackson. Would give us 5 picks after that through round 3 and we could also trade 22 back down to maybe pick up another 1 or 2 next year in case we need to try again with a QB in 2019.
I'm definitely starting to lean way towards the side of staying put at 12 and taking Lamar Jackson or Allen/Rosen/Mayfield if they slip and we can do a minor trade up. I'm not a fan of giving away everything for pick 1 or 2...not for these guys who all have a different major question mark.

Hear me out. Look at the draft order. Who is definitely taking a QB early and who Might take a QB early? Cleveland and the Jets are definite. That leaves a Josh and Mayfield. Who Might take a QB - Giants and Broncos. I'll get to Miami. We don't currently know what the Giants will do (including trading down - at which point QBs go 1-2-3). Will the Broncos at that point take QB #4 (let's say Mayfield) after picking up Keenum? They seem to kind of like Allen but if he's gone - then do they sit tight with Keenum? Could 4 QBs really go in the top 5 picks? I don't think so.

So a lot depends on what the Bills' FO thinks of the QB class. I think they don't move up if they are sure they can get QB #4 at 12. I think they probably trade up 2 spots past the Dolphins to get either QB #3 or 4. But I think they have contingency pre draft arrangements to move up higher if that is what they need to do. They have the arsenal to tell teams - we can beat whoever else is trying to trade up for QB # or 4. So I see no news until draft day as they have a pretty good chance of only moving up 2 spots to get their QB.

Hear me out. Look at the draft order. Who is definitely taking a QB early and who Might take a QB early? Cleveland and the Jets are definite. That leaves a Josh and Mayfield. Who Might take a QB - Giants and Broncos. I'll get to Miami. We don't currently know what the Giants will do (including trading down - at which point QBs go 1-2-3). Will the Broncos at that point take QB #4 (let's say Mayfield) after picking up Keenum? They seem to kind of like Allen but if he's gone - then do they sit tight with Keenum? Could 4 QBs really go in the top 5 picks? I don't think so.

So a lot depends on what the Bills' FO thinks of the QB class. I think they don't move up if they are sure they can get QB #4 at 12. I think they probably trade up 2 spots past the Dolphins to get either QB #3 or 4. But I think they have contingency pre draft arrangements to move up higher if that is what they need to do. They have the arsenal to tell teams - we can beat whoever else is trying to trade up for QB # or 4. So I see no news until draft day as they have a pretty good chance of only moving up 2 spots to get their QB.

This all sounds well and good, but at what point will they know they need to move up? If the Giants go QB at 2, Buffalo might simply be blocked out of getting one of the top 4 QBs at that point, which might be too late in their eyes.

It’ll be really interesting to see what Buffalo does if at least 3 QBs go in the top 5 and they aren’t one of them.

I really hope Bills fans don't turn on Beane if he doesn't trade up because this is just getting stupid. Now the Giants might trade up for Darnold if Cleveland isn't sold. Whatever.

Making the Playoffs was awesome and I wouldn't trade it, but we're not close enough at 12 to get into the top 5 and, aside from Darnold (who were not getting and has never played in Buffalo conditions), is there that much of a difference between Rosen/Mayfield/Allen and Jackson?

I say no. Stand pat. Get Jackson or one of the 3 who slip if you can do a minor trade up and stay out of this Top 5 nonsense. It's just getting ridiculous now.

I really hope Bills fans don't turn on Beane if he doesn't trade up because this is just getting stupid. Now the Giants might trade up for Darnold if Cleveland isn't sold. Whatever.

Making the Playoffs was awesome and I wouldn't trade it, but we're not close enough at 12 to get into the top 5 and, aside from Darnold (who were not getting and has never played in Buffalo conditions), is there that much of a difference between Rosen/Mayfield/Allen and Jackson?

I say no. Stand pat. Get Jackson or one of the 3 who slip if you can do a minor trade up and stay out of this Top 5 nonsense. It's just getting ridiculous now.

I have zero problem with Buffalo standing pat, even if they love Darnold it makes little sense to bankrupt our next three drafts for what it would take to move up and get him. My only concern is that Beane and the Organization might think they have no choice but to move up now after all the work they have done and time spent to put themselves in this position to move up. If you look at the Bills roster and the holes we still need to file we could easily fill most of them by simply standing pat and taking advantage of all of our draft picks. I wouldn't even be against trading down again to pick up another 1 or 2 for next year to make a run at moving up again. Im totally against giving up 5-6 picks to move up to 2 or 1 from 12 as it will cripple our ability to put a serious team around whoever we draft for at least a few years. To get to 2 or 1 at this point its probably going to cost us both 1st round picks this year a second a third our 1st next year and god knows what else.

I have zero problem with Buffalo standing pat, even if they love Darnold it makes little sense to bankrupt our next three drafts for what it would take to move up and get him. My only concern is that Beane and the Organization might think they have no choice but to move up now after all the work they have done and time spent to put themselves in this position to move up. If you look at the Bills roster and the holes we still need to file we could easily fill most of them by simply standing pat and taking advantage of all of our draft picks. I wouldn't even be against trading down again to pick up another 1 or 2 for next year to make a run at moving up again. Im totally against giving up 5-6 picks to move up to 2 or 1 from 12 as it will cripple our ability to put a serious team around whoever we draft for at least a few years. To get to 2 or 1 at this point its probably going to cost us both 1st round picks this year a second a third our 1st next year and god knows what else.
Philly won a SB against New England with a good, not great, QB and an outstanding team around him.

Beane did everything he could to get us in position to move up, sometimes it just doesn't work. We made the Playoffs and had picks 21/22, plus moves made to get us 3 more picks in the top 65. We can't control Cleveland wanting a QB or the Giants wanting a QB or the Jets being trash and having pick 6 and the ability to move up and trade with a team who wouldn't entertain moving past pick 6.

It is what it is. To me there seems to be some seperation between Darnold and everyone else. Darnold is going 1 or 2. Highly unlikely we get there, especially if Cle and NYG don't want to dance with us or are negotiating like Kaiser. After Darnold, it's a crapshoot, and even Darnold isn't a sure thing with his decision making and going from USC to Buffalo.

Do you really trade away everything for a guy with concussions, injury history and people questioning his desire or a guy who's short and came from a league with no defense or a guy who's all projection without much to back it up? Then there's Lamar Jackson, who could be Deshaun Watson pre-injury but some Buffalo fans just equate athletic black QB with Tyrod Taylor even though Lamar Jackson is 10x the prospect Taylor is.

Only thing I'd have trouble getting on board with is Mason Rudolph in Round 1.

Philly won a SB against New England with a good, not great, QB and an outstanding team around him.

Beane did everything he could to get us in position to move up, sometimes it just doesn't work. We made the Playoffs and had picks 21/22, plus moves made to get us 3 more picks in the top 65. We can't control Cleveland wanting a QB or the Giants wanting a QB or the Jets being trash and having pick 6 and the ability to move up and trade with a team who wouldn't entertain moving past pick 6.

It is what it is. To me there seems to be some seperation between Darnold and everyone else. Darnold is going 1 or 2. Highly unlikely we get there, especially if Cle and NYG don't want to dance with us or are negotiating like Kaiser. After Darnold, it's a crapshoot, and even Darnold isn't a sure thing with his decision making and going from USC to Buffalo.

Do you really trade away everything for a guy with concussions, injury history and people questioning his desire or a guy who's short and came from a league with no defense or a guy who's all projection without much to back it up? Then there's Lamar Jackson, who could be Deshaun Watson pre-injury but some Buffalo fans just equate athletic black QB with Tyrod Taylor even though Lamar Jackson is 10x the prospect Taylor is.

Only thing I'd have trouble getting on board with is Mason Rudolph in Round 1.
The weird thing is, you guys made that move to go to 12...for who??

For what?? To jump to 8 if somebody starts slipping??

The jets at least said...the price is too much at 1 & 2, so let’s take 3 off the table.

This is all so interesting for sure.

Heard more than 1 guy say the Toledo kid is the QB to get?

What? lol

Woodside is probably going to be a 7th round pick/undrafted free agent. He's a decent passer but his arm strength and build are both pretty lackluster.

I dont know much about him other than he lit up everyone in that offense.. His name is popping up on several radio chats i have listened to on XM.
The sites I read said 4th round. Only his height is holding him back

I dont know much about him other than he lit up everyone in that offense.. His name is popping up on several radio chats i have listened to on XM.
The sites I read said 4th round. Only his height is holding him back

Nah, I don't think any reputable draft guy has him as even one of the top 10 QBs in the draft. I kinda like him, but his stock is just nowhere near 4th round.

nfl mocks..
Projection: 4th Round
draftgeek rd 5
CBS has him between 4-5.

I know some Pats boards people think they will take him

After listening to some draft geeks lately, I am starting to warm up to Josh Allen. The guy doesn't seem to have as low of a floor as I thought and his ceiling is sky high.

Also, how many defensive ends are we going to have on this roster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom