Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Goes all Csonka on him.
I freaking love that clip. The only reason Josh goes down at the end of play is because he shoved that little bitch Carter so hard he lost his balance a bit.

beat the jets and Miami twice and you get to 5.

cinci/wash/denver at home have to take at least 2.

if Pitts a mess take that one. and you get to 8.

win one of the browns/titans on the road..

balt/dallas/NE/phil is 5 tough ones.

8/8 is going to be close to a playoff team spot.

I see a path to 10-6. You have 3 pretty much guaranteed losses. Pats 2x/ Cowboys. You have 6 you have to win 5 of 6. ( Jets, Phins 2 x, Wash, Cinci, Denver) Have to win 3 of the 5 left over. Balt, Philly at home, Titans, Browns, Steelers on the road. Pitt might be very winnable now. Not out of the question but who
knows.

Pats and Cowboys look like two best teams in the league right now.

No way in hell am I putting a wins cap limit on this team.

This defense is excellent, so we should be within range to win week in and week out.
Offense is organized and talented.

No game should be written in stone as a loss, at this point, in my mind.

We will find out more very very very soon.

Last edited:
I’m not sold on Philly. Wentz isn’t a top QB, IMO. He’s good, but not great. Maybe he’s still hurt, but I don’t see it post-injury.

Latest power rankings. Number 9. Number 9. Number 9.
Man... this Week 3 Bengals game is going to be hype!

Hoping our DL can get some pressure on Dalton with their beat up OL. The Giants have a good OL, but I don’t want to see him sitting back their for as long as Eli had, given how prolific the Bengals passing attack has been so far. Our offense should be able to put up some points again. Hopefully that just becomes confidence we have in this new offense rather than referendums on the opposing defense.

Feels pretty strange to see the Bills getting national recognition. Josh Allen is being mentioned with the Watson, Wentz types regularly this week.

Hoping our DL can get some pressure on Dalton with their beat up OL. The Giants have a good OL, but I don’t want to see him sitting back their for as long as Eli had, given how prolific the Bengals passing attack has been so far. Our offense should be able to put up some points again. Hopefully that just becomes confidence we have in this new offense rather than referendums on the opposing defense.

Feels pretty strange to see the Bills getting national recognition. Josh Allen is being mentioned with the Watson, Wentz types regularly this week.

My one criticism of the DC is that we don't blitz nearly enough as we should when we have teams behind the sticks. I know Frazier like to rush 4 and we have a good DL but that's a recipe for disaster as Eli had a lot of dropbacks where he had 5+ seconds on Sunday and was one of the reasons they have a few decent drives. Buffalo has good blitzing lbs and safeties and needs to use them more.

My one criticism of the DC is that we don't blitz nearly enough as we should when we have teams behind the sticks. I know Frazier like to rush 4 and we have a good DL but that's a recipe for disaster as Eli had a lot of dropbacks where he had 5+ seconds on Sunday and was one of the reasons they have a few decent drives. Buffalo has good blitzing lbs and safeties and needs to use them more.
The DL is however doing a good job in batting balls down - a good attribute to disrupt quick passes from someone like, I don't know, Tom Brady?

The DL is however doing a good job in batting balls down - a good attribute to disrupt quick passes from someone like, I don't know, Tom Brady?

For sure, you pick your poison with that pain in the ass. So sick of losing to him and that freeking team.

We are catching them with a banged up OL, AJ Green still out and Mixon with a bum ankle. Could not possibly ask for a better situation than that. Started off 2-0 on the road, catching a team with its main playmakers banged up for a home opener where the fans are gonna be going nuts. Yes, please!

Frazier loves to use slot corners to blitz, and Taron Johnson is great at that. His absence has definitely hurt the defense.

IDK it felt to me like the series was over every time we got them in 3rd&8. A little like almost every time we've played Tannehill. Or probably like every team that's played the Bills the last 20 years.

Bummer - but we don’t need him this week. Let him heal up.

That seems to be a common take among Bills fans, but how do we know we don't need him this week? It's too early in the season to make those types of matter-of-fact statements. We've beaten two pretty bad teams so far. I know Cincy isn't great either, but I'd still like to have a full arsenal of weapons against them because who knows yet if we really are a good team or not.

That seems to be a common take among Bills fans, but how do we know we don't need him this week? It's too early in the season to make those types of matter-of-fact statements. We've beaten two pretty bad teams so far. I know Cincy isn't great either, but I'd still like to have a full arsenal of weapons against them because who knows yet if we really are a good team or not.
I hear what you’re saying, but if we are a good team (which I’m pretty sure we are) then this game should be a win with Frank and Yeldon.

It’s a risk/reward thing.

It’s not that I wouldn’t prefer him to be playing but I think, because it’s Cincy, if he needs more repair time to be sure that he is fully healed going forward then this is kind of game affords us that flexibility.

Bengals have a beat up OL. If our defense gets pressure on Dalton, it should be a wrap. If they don’t, even our talented secondary will have its hands full with Ross and Boyd. Dalton is certainly capable of putting up big numbers.

OL is a strength of the Giants, and we were justifiably worried about containing Saquan, but Eli had way too much time back there far too often.

As for our Offense.. They’ve had a pretty consistent two weeks to start the season. Josh Allen with over 250 passing yards per game. The Running backs with over 100 combined rushing yards per game. Jets are a solid defense. Giants, not so much. Still too early to establish trends, but early showings indicate that if our Offense limits turnovers, they can move the ball and put up points.

Where Yeldon might be intriguing this week is in the passing game. That’s what he’s known for and the Bengals have a slow LB group headlined by Preston Brown.

Last edited:
I don't know if there are any sure things on the schedule yet outside of the Dolphins. Josh still has 4 turnover halfs in him. If this was in 2 weeks and AJ was back, Mixon was at 100% and their line got healthier I'd be nervous but with the current momentum and the energy of the home opener, I think they roll them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom