Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Can you guys please finish this?

I want to believe the Bills are for real this season, and may have a chance to dethrone NE.

Circle the wagons...

Can you guys please finish this?

I want to believe the Bills are for real this season, and may have a chance to dethrone NE.

Circle the wagons...

Dont hold your breath

I can’t even breathe!!!

Ok... wow.

Can we please stop being a better version of the FSU Seminoles now??? Awesome first halfs and then apparently one good drive in the second half to win it?

I’ll take it, but dang guys... let’s put some semblance of a full game together moving forward.

Also, this is apparently what Football first world problems are... 3-0 and we’re complaining ha.

I can’t even breathe!!!

Ok... wow.

Can we please stop being a better version of the FSU Seminoles now??? Awesome first halfs and then apparently one good drive in the second half to win it?

I’ll take it, but dang guys... let’s put some semblance of a full game together moving forward.

Also, this is apparently what Football first world problems are... 3-0 and we’re complaining ha.

I think the concerns are definitely reasonable when the three wins are over teams with a sooner to be 0-9 record. Team did what it had to, and got the W but offensively theres to many long droughts mixed with bad play calling and Allen making questionable at best decisions. You get the feeling a lack of a stud rb or wr hurts this team in the second half as we look unsure of who we want to go to. Have to get something at wr beyond the two B's and we need Singletary back as soon as possible

Definitely could tell Singletary was missed today. That guy just has explosiveness Gore and Yeldon don’t.

That being said, Gore still has it. Yeldon, eh.

OL was pretty disappointing today. Josh was under way too much pressure, far too often. Bengals do have a legit DL that apparently only comes to play on odd weeks this year.

Dawson Knox... Get the occasional drop under control and he’s got star potential.

Finished the game watching on a tiny treadmill TV, but wow. Going to say what I said after the Jets game- no one cares how you got there, it is your record at the end of the day. That being said...

- These second half swoons are brutal and need to be cleaned up ASAP. Daboll and Allen have to get together and figure out what is going on because that is two straight third quarters where the offense looks like it is sleepwalking. Can’t tell you whether it’s scheme or execution but my guess is both.

-Knox may be the real deal, he ran angry today. Really liked the effort and the execution. Love that TE is getting into the game plan, gives our offense another element to defend.

-Allen...lot to unpack. He is light years ahead of last year but wow that INT...sickening. And don’t forget the fumble that wasn’t right before the half. Can’t tell if he got asked to do more with the OL impersonating a turnstile and Singletary out. But he seems to be good for one massive error a game. Might just be who he is. Guess we will see, he still hasn’t played 16 games.

-Defense was great the first half and seemed to be in prevent mode the second half. That said they created turnovers and held Dalton to essentially two hundred yards (don’t count the 40 garbage yards at the end of the first half). Lots to build on.

Bottom line, 3-0 with the Patsies at home. What more could you ask for?

Finished the game watching on a tiny treadmill TV, but wow. Going to say what I said after the Jets game- no one cares how you got there, it is your record at the end of the day. That being said...

- These second half swoons are brutal and need to be cleaned up ASAP. Daboll and Allen have to get together and figure out what is going on because that is two straight third quarters where the offense looks like it is sleepwalking. Can’t tell you whether it’s scheme or execution but my guess is both.

-Knox may be the real deal, he ran angry today. Really liked the effort and the execution. Love that TE is getting into the game plan, gives our offense another element to defend.

-Allen...lot to unpack. He is light years ahead of last year but wow that INT...sickening. And don’t forget the fumble that wasn’t right before the half. Can’t tell if he got asked to do more with the OL impersonating a turnstile and Singletary out. But he seems to be good for one massive error a game. Might just be who he is. Guess we will see, he still hasn’t played 16 games.

-Defense was great the first half and seemed to be in prevent mode the second half. That said they created turnovers and held Dalton to essentially two hundred yards (don’t count the 40 garbage yards at the end of the first half). Lots to build on.

Bottom line, 3-0 with the Patsies at home. What more could you ask for?

I think it's probably who he is. If so he has to hit the deep TD's he's missing to Brown last week & Jones today at the end of the half.

Knox beast mode, damn.

I'll take it but felt like we should've been up by 3 possessions minimum after such a dominating 1st half and then what a mess the 2nd half was. Nice to have things to work on after Ws instead of Ls though.

I'll take it but felt like we should've been up by 3 possessions minimum after such a dominating 1st half and then what a mess the 2nd half was. Nice to have things to work on after Ws instead of Ls though.
We would’ve been if Yeldon didn’t fumble at the 5.

We also had a Dawson Knox drop at the 5.

Allen overthrow on a wide open deep TD.

Allen intentional grounding taking 3 off the board and his pick giving the Bengals points.

Much like the Jets game... we were clearly the better team but massive mistakes over and over, plus a quarter of sleepwalking made it a close game.

Last edited:
Can't really explain it well, but I can't remember the last time I was so frustrated after a win.

The O left sooo many points on the field in 1H. Legitimately thought that we should have been up by 20+ points at the half. Big drop by Knox, fumble by Yeldon, bad sack/penalty on Allen.

The INT by Allen...woof. Those type of throws need to end NOW.

The lack of pressure by the defense is mystifying. Thought that Frazier should have brought some pressure in 2H, when Dalton was moving the ball.

Yeldon...I hope we pick up Murphy or another journeyman RB to replace him. I just don't see it with Yeldon.

Bojorquez I didn't think was particularly good either, but I really have very little expectations of him.

On the bright side, the D made a play when it counted, and Allen led yet another GW drive. And the atmosphere was electric.

we're going to be hearing alot about the bills being 3-0 having played Giants, Jets, and Bengals..two on the road.

Now hold on,... Patriots have beaten Miami, Jets, and Pittsburgh, two of them at home.

Pats opponents records: 0-9... -190 point differential

Bills opponents records: 1-8...-97 point differential

So if the Bills 3-0 is meaningless, then the Pats isn't too impressive either.

Obviously we know New England is the better team and has a track record to prop up their current 3-0 status that the Bills don't. However, we really don't know yet HOW dominant this New England team will be. Their D hasn't given up a TD yet , however two of the teams they played don't score TD's, and the Bills played the Jets when they had Sammy Boy.

Last edited:
Can't really explain it well, but I can't remember the last time I was so frustrated after a win.

The O left sooo many points on the field in 1H. Legitimately thought that we should have been up by 20+ points at the half. Big drop by Knox, fumble by Yeldon, bad sack/penalty on Allen.

The lack of pressure by the defense is mystifying. Thought that Frazier should have brought some pressure in 2H, when Dalton was moving the ball.

Yeldon...I hope we pick up Murphy or another journeyman RB to replace him. I just don't see it with Yeldon.

Bojorquez I didn't think was particularly good either, but I really have very little expectations of him.

On the bright side, the D made a play when it counted, and Allen led yet another GW drive. And the atmosphere was electric.

Bill's should bring Murphy back ASAP.

I think the thing with Josh Allen is, he made some great plays by not giving up on busted plays and made a couple horrible ones as well. The INT was horrendous and definitely gave Cinci energy to get back into the game. I think you just have to live with the roller coaster ride at times. Allen always seems to be able to get that big drive at the end of the game which masks a lot of sins. 3-0 and we should know a lot more a week from now, I was more concerned with the defense in the 2nd half than anything. Hopefully Singletary is back next week. Place was rocking yesterday.

Agree that they should consider bringing Murphy back

Yeldon, as I think about it, did some nice things. He had over 50 yards but that fumble was brutal.

From what I’ve read, Murphy is rough in pass pro. Good runner, but limited in other aspects.

The defense got some pressure throughout the game but I completely agree that once Dalton got some rhythm, we were on our heels, and he had all day on those critical drives. When we play “bend don’t break”, but always seem to give up TD’s in the red zone, something needs to be adjusted schematically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom