Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Few quick thoughts:

1. Obviously, run D is a major issue, although it was better in 2H;
2. Defense needs to start forcing some turnovers. I think that's 3 of last 4 games without one;
3. Bojorquez still sucks;
4. Need to find a way to get Foster involved in the passing game. Doesn't have to be a bomb, but he can help open things up for others;
5. Really didn't like Daboll's play calling today;
6...Although I did like that Singletary got the majority of touches at RB;
7. McDermott's challenges (and lack thereof) confound me;
8. 6-2...I will take it, although it hasn't been pretty.

Please. After yesterday, I am begging for an easy, boring win today. Odd times where the Bills are the counterbalance to the Cuse but we are where we are. Pick Haskins 3-4 times and stop the run. Josh, toss for 325 and three scores. My mental health thanks you in advance.

First time this year I liked the Bills vs the spread. Washington at home has been a get right game every time. '93, '96, '03, and today.

Will be interesting to see Bills Mafia on a little road trip next week.
I live in Akron. Unfortunately I’m out of town next weekend otherwise I would be there. I know a big group of bills’ fans making the trip.

Will be interesting to see Bills Mafia on a little road trip next week.

Big 2 game stretch here @ Cleveland and @ Miami. Gotta be 1-1 at worst and obviously 2-0 would be outstanding. Cle is in disarray but that Miami game will likely be a challenge

Big 2 game stretch here @ Cleveland and @ Miami. Gotta be 1-1 at worst and obviously 2-0 would be outstanding. Cle is in disarray but that Miami game will likely be a challenge
I'll be at the Miami game. Not sure if I should get tickets now or just show up and maybe get something below face.

Typical win for this season.

Not pretty. Super frustrating. Got the W.

Whatever that adjustment was in the second half to stop the run... was it sustainable? Bc, we looked like a totally different defense from the past 2.5 games against the run.

On Offense, getting kind of sick of playing in these massive wind games at home. It is what it is and we played better in it yesterday.

Allen was solid. Singletary is a stud. Brown is legit. The OL is decent. Anyone else?... Gore running into piles of humanity for 1 yard. Cole Beasley never targeted but is somehow a TD machine lately. McKenzie/Foster and the constant struggle to get them involved.

Third Quarters... so over it. Can we ever put a full game together?

Jordan Phillips is a monster and we better lock him up long term.

Onto Cleveland... I’m expecting to see the Offense look more dynamic with Singletary now fully integrated as the feature back and hopefully non-tornado conditions.

Whatever that adjustment was in the second half to stop the run... was it sustainable? Bc, we looked like a totally different defense from the past 2.5 games against the run.

On Offense, getting kind of sick of playing in these massive wind games at home. It is what it is and we played better in it yesterday.

Allen was solid. Singletary is a stud. Brown is legit. The OL is decent. Anyone else?... Gore running into piles of humanity for 1 yard. Cole Beasley never targeted but is somehow a TD machine lately. McKenzie/Foster and the constant struggle to get them involved.

Onto Cleveland... I’m expecting to see the Offense look more dynamic with Singletary now fully integrated as the feature back and hopefully non-tornado conditions.

I saw a quote on Twitter from either a coach or player that basically said there really wasn't much of an adjustment, just more effort shedding blocks/double teams and filling gaps.

IDK where Phillips is contract wise but yeah lock him up. He doesn't strike me as someone who would coast after getting a nice contract.

IDK where Phillips is contract wise but yeah lock him up. He doesn't strike me as someone who would coast after getting a nice contract.

UFA after the season.

NY Times published their tool allowing you to pick the remaining games and see how they impact your playoff chances. Picking only the obvious (IMO) games, I have Buffalo at a 61% chance of making the playoffs with the two toss-ups being the Denver and Pittsburgh game. Win both and we're pretty much a lock. Lose both and we're pretty much toast. Split and we remain a 60ish percent chance.

NY Times published their tool allowing you to pick the remaining games and see how they impact your playoff chances. Picking only the obvious (IMO) games, I have Buffalo at a 61% chance of making the playoffs with the two toss-ups being the Denver and Pittsburgh game. Win both and we're pretty much a lock. Lose both and we're pretty much toast. Split and we remain a 60ish percent chance.

As you noted if Buffalo just wins the games it "should" they have a very good chance to make the playoffs. That said Buffalo needs to get a win over a good team whether that is Dallas or NE etc. The Ravens game seems like a bridge to far at this point. The most concerning stretch for me is the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Pats 4 pack of fun. It's not a stretch to see Buffalo 1-3 or even 0-4 for that stretch if they aren't playing a lot better then they have. I still think the Steelers aren't that good but the Cowboys and Ravens are good teams and we all know our history beating Brady so ya. Thats why the next three games are so huge, we need to be at minimum 2-1 there or 3-0.

not sure how this thing even works.. fine if you give them 8-8 they have a 70% chance. but tell me who is getting in then. there is only one other team above .500 as a wild card. if the chiefs win a few that helps us. say they finish with 10 wins. vikings are the team we need to knock some off.

if you use 8-8 as the baseline that leaves 6 teams with 3+ wins to beat

Broncos need to go 6-1.. not happening and if it does they beat almost everyone behind us and the Bills..

chargers need to 4-3. good chance. that means beating Jags/raiders/denver all teams we need to lose. split with Oak/chieffs. beat jags/denver lose to minn thats 8

oakland need to go 4-4 good chance. split with chargers, lose to chiefs, Beat tenn/jags/jets/den thats 9

tenn need to go 4-3 good chance, lose to chiefs/saints, split with texans, lose to oak/colts, beat jags thats 6

Jags need to go 4-3 spltit with oak/tenn beat tampa/atlanta split with colts, lose to tenn thats 8

and thats if colts dont win a few games and fall back to 8-8.

at 8-8 we are right there. win 3 and its really a solid chance..

not sure how this thing even works.. fine if you give them 8-8 they have a 70% chance. but tell me who is getting in then. there is only one other team above .500 as a wild card. if the chiefs win a few that helps us. say they finish with 10 wins. vikings are the team we need to knock some off.

if you use 8-8 as the baseline that leaves 6 teams with 3+ wins to beat

Broncos need to go 6-1.. not happening and if it does they beat almost everyone behind us and the Bills..

chargers need to 4-3. good chance. that means beating Jags/raiders/denver all teams we need to lose. split with Oak/chieffs. beat jags/denver lose to minn thats 8

oakland need to go 4-4 good chance. split with chargers, lose to chiefs, Beat tenn/jags/jets/den thats 9

tenn need to go 4-3 good chance, lose to chiefs/saints, split with texans, lose to oak/colts, beat jags thats 6

Jags need to go 4-3 spltit with oak/tenn beat tampa/atlanta split with colts, lose to tenn thats 8

and thats if colts dont win a few games and fall back to 8-8.

at 8-8 we are right there. win 3 and its really a solid chance..

My guess is we end up at 9-7. Regarding other teams:

Tennessee, Jacksonville, Chargers, and Broncos are not a threat IMO.

The threats are Houston/Indy (whichever doesn't win the division), Oakland, and highly doubtful but not entirely written off yet: Cleveland.

I think Indy and Houston both most likely get to 10 wins, but even if they get to 9 instead, I think they beat Buffalo on tiebreaker.

Oakland has a good chance at finishing at 9-7 as well and they too would end up beating Buffalo on tiebreaker in the most likely scenario.

My guess is we end up at 9-7. Regarding other teams:

Tennessee, Jacksonville, Chargers, and Broncos are not a threat IMO.

The threats are Houston/Indy (whichever doesn't win the division), Oakland, and highly doubtful but not entirely written off yet: Cleveland.

I think Indy and Houston both most likely get to 10 wins, but even if they get to 9 instead, I think they beat Buffalo on tiebreaker.

Oakland has a good chance at finishing at 9-7 as well and they too would end up beating Buffalo on tiebreaker in the most likely scenario.

Disagree a bit about the Chargers. There the kind of team that can get on a roll, while also acknowledging that they can completely implode as well. There getting a lot of guys back from injury and could be a real problem. The AFC west beating up on each other would be a real nice thing.

Also what are the tiebreakers as the Bills don't play any of those teams head to head.

On the flip side of these worrying posts, with the New England loss on Sunday, the Bills now control their own destiny in the AFC East. So we have that going for us.

Disagree a bit about the Chargers. There the kind of team that can get on a roll, while also acknowledging that they can completely implode as well. There getting a lot of guys back from injury and could be a real problem. The AFC west beating up on each other would be a real nice thing.

Also what are the tiebreakers as the Bills don't play any of those teams head to head.

I just don't believe in the Chargers offense at all really. Rivers, to me, is just a bad QB at this point, and the O-Line is so bad that their running game is hopeless.

Re: Tiebreakers, I'm not really sure tbh, but based on the results that I consider to be locks and then plugging in different combinations for the other remaining games, the Bills lose out on the tiebreakers every single time.

Long story short, I think Buffalo should be aiming for 10 wins and hoping Oakland ends up with 9. Otherwise I think Buffalo is probably in trouble as I just don't foresee them winning 11.

Edit: Other option is Brissett being out/not being right when he returns and ending up costing the Colts a playoff spot.

I just don't believe in the Chargers offense at all really. Rivers, to me, is just a bad QB at this point, and the O-Line is so bad that their running game is hopeless.

Re: Tiebreakers, I'm not really sure tbh, but based on the results that I consider to be locks and then plugging in different combinations for the other remaining games, the Bills lose out on the tiebreakers every single time.

Long story short, I think Buffalo should be aiming for 10 wins and hoping Oakland ends up with 9. Otherwise I think Buffalo is probably in trouble as I just don't foresee them winning 11.

Edit: Other option is Brissett being out/not being right when he returns and ending up costing the Colts a playoff spot.

The Raiders definitely have the easier schedule as the Chargers still have to play Minn yet plus Oak and KC twice. Both teams play the Jags yet and Jax winning those games would be a nice development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom