Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I hate to write this as a Bills fan because you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop...

...but the ceiling is raising for this team before our eyes. Prior to the season I thought a return trip to the playoffs and an AFC East title would be a hugely successful season. I still consider that to be true- but it feels now like this team is capable of a deep run, perhaps even to the Super Bowl. At minimum I would love to win a playoff game and be playing for the AFC championship.

Who knows, maybe it's taken me this long to begin to believe- but the offense is playing at a ridiculous level. The defense appears to be hitting its stride with Milano and Edmunds back healthy- less some concerns with the running game. Special teams is now great- Bass has rounded into a reliable kicker, Roberts is a stud and Bojo has a huge leg. McDermott suddenly goes for every manageable fourth down and understands the value of a two-for-one. The team is still capable of a few "what" moments but show me a team in the NFL who doesn't.

I still think the Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC- but dare we begin to dream? I hate to overreact to destroying a lousy Patriots team (that sentence feels great to type), but at some point let's go the Parcells route and acknowledge that we're 12-3, and one Hail Murray away from being 13-2. That's not a good team- that's a great one.

The Chiefs are definitely beatable. They have won their last 7 games by a combined 27 points. Biggest margin of victory in that span is 6 points. A couple breaks that go the other way and they can be beat.

Rudolph is starting for pitt. That certainly helps Cleveland.

Don’t ever underestimate the ability of Cleveland to fvck things up for everyone by losing to Rudolph

Kenny Stills meeting with buffalo.

Hate the Beasley injury. Not sure if related in this case.

Kenny Stills meeting with buffalo.

Hate the Beasley injury. Not sure if related in this case.
Way different players, but certainly “seems” related. If I had to guess:

1) Beasley injury is bad

2) Want insurance for Beasley/Brown so that we don’t wind up with only Diggs & Davis if the other two can’t go/aren’t 100%

3) We should be signing Stills anyway. He’s a good player and gives us great depth for the playoffs

4) We get him in the building to add another weapon and are able to evaluate him for a potential longer term contract

1) Beasley injury is bad

2) Want insurance for Beasley/Brown so that we don’t wind up with only Diggs & Davis if the other two can’t go/aren’t 100%

3) We should be signing Stills anyway. He’s a good player and gives us great depth for the playoffs

4) We get him in the building to add another weapon and are able to evaluate him for a potential longer term contract
Yeah very different players. Who knows if stills can be a contributor though. Pretty quiet in Houston. Beasley injury is a bummer. Such an important cog.

1) Beasley injury is bad

Great post. Let's hope you're wrong on #1- but even if you are this makes sense for all the reasons you listed. Never hurts to bolster your depth. Probably doesn't bode well for Duke Williams future if he can't get off the practice squad.

Honestly Beasley is probably more critical to the offense as a security blanket than Smoke, but if we can get one back at full strength and Sills helps cover the gap on the other we should be okay.

Thinking the Sills thing through further, I wonder if it's also to rest some of our WRs against Miami while building depth for the playoffs?

Thinking the Sills thing through further, I wonder if it's also to rest some of our WRs against Miami while building depth for the playoffs?
I don’t think he’d be available for the Miami game, nor do I think he’s the type of WR who would want to be signed to play in a throwaway game.

We also signed Gary Jennings to PS and are hosting Tanner Gentry, so I have no idea what’s going on.

Hopefully just due diligence given we only have two healthy WR’s in Diggs & Davis. Hopefully that’s 3 with Brown, but I need to see it to believe it with him at this point.

I don’t think he’d be available for the Miami game, nor do I think he’s the type of WR who would want to be signed to play in a throwaway game.

We also signed Gary Jennings to PS and are hosting Tanner Gentry, so I have no idea what’s going on.

Hopefully just due diligence given we only have two healthy WR’s in Diggs & Davis. Hopefully that’s 3 with Brown, but I need to see it to believe it with him at this point.

Ya gotta admit, signing all these guys and bringing more in is not a great sign, definitely not the Bills MO. Hopefully Brown will be back but you get the feeling Beasley is probably not gonna be back anytime soon. Also not a great sign for Duke that Buffalo is bringing in all these WRs.

Last edited:

2 healthy receivers? Huh?

Roberts & McKenzie are good to go right?

2 healthy receivers? Huh?

Roberts & McKenzie are good to go right?
I mean... sure.

I like both of them, but Roberts needs to not be running routes for us, ever, and McKenzie is a gadget/get in space kind of player.

Ya gotta admit, signing all these guys and bringing more in is not a great sign, definitely not the Bills MO. Hopefully Brown will be back but you get the feeling Beasley is probably not gonna be back anytime soon. Also not a great sign for Duke that Buffalo is bringing in all these WRs.
I think Jennings simply replaces Kumerow.

Stills makes a lot of sense no matter what the reasoning.

Tanner Gentry also being brought in certainly raises eyebrows.

I guess with Beasley uncertain and Brown just off IR, then immediately into COVID tracing, due diligence this week is warranted.

McDermott ruled out one player for Sunday...

Reggie Gilliam

Also stated that Beane has had his eye on Stills for a while and the interest in Stills is a separate conversation from anything relating to Beasley.
Stills has always been underrated. I expected him to help out Watson down in Houston this year but it didn’t happen.

Worth a flyer.

McDermott ruled out one player for Sunday...

Reggie Gilliam

Also stated that Beane has had his eye on Stills for a while and the interest in Stills is a separate conversation from anything relating to Beasley.

I suspect certain guys are going to play limited snaps especially if Pitt gets down big. Poyer, Tre and Milano are the main 3 on D I would suspect along with Diggs and obviously Allen offensively.

Stills seems like a guy whose best playing days are well behind him but never a bad idea to kick the tires.

Can’t wait til the moment that the broadcast shows, that big Bills fan, King Andy
Still has always been underrated. I expected him to help out Watson down in Houston this year but it didn’t happen.

Worth a flier.
Haha... you know it’s coming. I’m sure they’ll flash to him in a box a few times on the broadcast.

Agreed. Certainly lends credence to the thought that Stills, if signed, could be for more than just the Playoffs.

Haha... you know it’s coming. I’m sure they’ll flash to him in a box a few times on the broadcast.

Agreed. Certainly lends credence to the thought that Stills, if signed, could be for more than just the Playoffs.
Hahaha... I had that post loaded but decided not to hit send just to save some heat... forgot to delete when I responded to your post about McD.

Anyway. I hope Andy enjoys my seats.