Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I’d trade up for Ceedee Lamb, but that’s about it this year.

I'd trade up for one of those top 3 WRs if we're talking about just jumping a couple picks up, but I expect them to all be gone by #15 and don't really want to trade up there. Lamb is my #3 WR personally.

You know the other night I was all ready to sit down and post draft priorities, thoughts on free agents, etc... and then my toddler pooped in the bathtub. Ahhh, fatherhood.

So...those thoughts are lost but it's great to be thinking about the Bills in March. Thinking they have a lot of good options in the draft at multiple positions (WR, CB, even OL). Gonna be interesting to see how McBeane prioritize free agency (others and their own). Sounds like Phillips is gone, not sure how they value Shaq.

Can't wait for the draft!

You know the other night I was all ready to sit down and post draft priorities, thoughts on free agents, etc... and then my toddler pooped in the bathtub. Ahhh, fatherhood.

So...those thoughts are lost but it's great to be thinking about the Bills in March. Thinking they have a lot of good options in the draft at multiple positions (WR, CB, even OL). Gonna be interesting to see how McBeane prioritize free agency (others and their own). Sounds like Phillips is gone, not sure how they value Shaq.

Can't wait for the draft!
My attitude has been:

Sit back and watch Beane do work.

Not sure I’ve ever worried less heading into an off-season since I was a kid. So many assets, so much momentum. I’m ready for some big moves.

Could see this one coming for literally over a year now. Glad to have him. Now go get us a pass rusher and a receiver.

From what I read, Josh looked washed up last season. I guess I'm not expecting much to come from this signing but I will defer to you if you have different observations or knowledge of his situation.

From what I read, Josh looked washed up last season. I guess I'm not expecting much to come from this signing but I will defer to you if you have different observations or knowledge of his situation.

No he definitely looked bad haha. He was a stud in zone, went to Washington to play man, and now is returning to a zone heavy scheme again with safeties behind him that should hopefully allow him to ballhawk again.

No he definitely looked bad haha. He was a stud in zone, went to Washington to play man, and now is returning to a zone heavy scheme again with safeties behind him that should hopefully allow him to ballhawk again.

Ok good to know. I figured there was something to it that more X-O savvy people would understand.

Like the signing, also Norman doesnt have to be the man with White on lockdown on the other side.

With Beane and McDermott, they could bring in pretty much anyone at DB and I’d trust them, but I’m gonna have to see Josh Norman back in our system before I get excited about this.

Spencer Long, Robert Foster, and Levi Wallace are all officially back. None of that is particularly surprising but it’s official now.

Spencer Long, Robert Foster, and Levi Wallace are all officially back. None of that is particularly surprising but it’s official now.
Foster will be an interesting follow this camp.

He should have a difficult time making the roster if Beane handles the offseason correctly
That’s definitely the most likely scenario.

It will be interesting to see what kind of work he’s put in this offseason. Would love it if he’s improved enough to make the cut day decision of potentially moving on from him a tough one for Beane.

Last edited:
Gonna be interesting to see the plans for Christian Wade and Duke Williams.

Gonna be interesting to see the plans for Christian Wade and Duke Williams.

From what I've heard, Wade will likely be a practice squad candidate (or cut candidate...not sure if he still gets his own free roster spot or not).

Duke should be battling for a roster spot with Foster, but I think both have their work cut out for them.

From what I've heard, Wade will likely be a practice squad candidate (or cut candidate...not sure if he still gets his own free roster spot or not).

Duke should be battling for a roster spot with Foster, but I think both have their work cut out for them.
I don't think Duke gets the practice squad exemption this year.

So basically $3 million guaranteed (though I suspect he'll make the final roster and end up seeing close to the $6 million number). Can't really complain about that.

Tyler Kroft has contract aggressively restructured. Less $ and voids last year of contract- 2021.

Kirksey to the Packers. Would've been a nice fit and wouldn't have counted against the comp pick formula.