Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Kirksey to the Packers. Would've been a nice fit and wouldn't have counted against the comp pick formula.

I wouldn't expect us to get a comp pick this year regardless.

I wouldn't expect us to get a comp pick this year regardless.
I think it's possible. May lose Phillips, Shaq, Kevin Johnson. Not sure if they are going to sign more than 3 guys that weren't cuts. With what Phillips might get paid, looking at a 4th rounder if there isn't a lot of spending on actual free agents. Who knows though, maybe they go out and sign 6 or 7 guys and it's all moot. Just thought that with Norman and Kirksey, re-signing Spain that they would have filled most of the glaring needs outside of Edge/WR that will likely be addressed in the draft. Not really their MO to make plays for comp picks though.

I think it's possible. May lose Phillips, Shaq, Kevin Johnson. Not sure if they are going to sign more than 3 guys that weren't cuts. With what Phillips might get paid, looking at a 4th rounder if there isn't a lot of spending on actual free agents. Who knows though, maybe they go out and sign 6 or 7 guys and it's all moot. Just thought that with Norman and Kirksey, re-signing Spain that they would have filled most of the glaring needs outside of Edge/WR that will likely be addressed in the draft. Not really their MO to make plays for comp picks though.

My guess is we lose those 3 and probably sign like 5 or 6 guys. And I would expect Shaq to be the one that we would get a pick for; I expect him to get paid significantly more than Phillips.

My guess is we lose those 3 and probably sign like 5 or 6 guys. And I would expect Shaq to be the one that we would get a pick for; I expect him to get paid significantly more than Phillips.
I suppose it's possible with the supply of DT significantly higher that DE after all of the franchise tags. Spotrac has them within a million of each other with Lawson higher but I think their market value calculations are WAY off. This is the year for teams to strike in FA. An overpay this week is going to look like a huge bargain in a year or 2 as the cap moves towards $250m.

So rumblings of us tied to potentially Jordan Howard and Chris Harris... interesting.

Also, that Hopkins trade... LOL... Cards trade up torched them on that trade.

Adios Shaq. Not a big loss as long as they bring in a starting quality DE. Don't want to depend on Murphy for anything beyond being a rotational guy.

3/$30mil is solid but I thought he’d get paid more.

Telling that the Bills wouldn’t go there.

Really think these deals are all going to look like huge bargains in 2 years when the cap goes through the roof. With that said, I think Mario Addison is a better player and helps the team more over next 2 years if that's the way they go.

Cant blame Buffalo. In retrospect picking up his 5th year would have been nice but hard to justify 3 years 30 million for Shaq.

Adios Shaq. Not a big loss as long as they bring in a starting quality DE. Don't want to depend on Murphy for anything beyond being a rotational guy.

Ya Murphy is a guy I think they would have cut loose if they could have but at this point u need him for depth. Going to need to address DE in the draft assuming we dont offer Clowney huge money or make a move for the dude in Jville. To bad about Kirksey that would have been a nice pickup.

Ya Murphy is a guy I think they would have cut loose if they could have but at this point u need him for depth. Going to need to address DE in the draft assuming we dont offer Clowney huge money or make a move for the dude in Jville. To bad about Kirksey that would have been a nice pickup.
I'm pretty certain that they will be bringing in a veteran DE. There are too many still avail that make sense and they have way too much cap room to leave it to chance at the draft. WR you can feel safe about at the draft but there are very few edge guys that are going to be day 1 rotation pieces for a quality team.

Bill's a bit quiet today but I expected them to be. 90 mil + in cap space though so I expect some moves over the next few days. With White Poyer Hyde and others all needing new deals makes sense to bot go crazy.

LIC whose the best follow for the latest Bill's rumors?

I'm pretty certain that they will be bringing in a veteran DE. There are too many still avail that make sense and they have way too much cap room to leave it to chance at the draft. WR you can feel safe about at the draft but there are very few edge guys that are going to be day 1 rotation pieces for a quality team.

Agreed just not sure there is a lot of impact out there beyond Clowney and Ngokuwe (sp?). Anyone u have in mind?

Agreed just not sure there is a lot of impact out there beyond Clowney and Ngokuwe (sp?). Anyone u have in mind?
I'd love Robert Quinn on a 2 year deal. Would be real happy with Mario Addison too. They're both old but can still rush the passer. I honestly don't care how much it costs as long as there is an out after 1 year. We have a 2 year window right now to really go after it while Allen is on his rookie deal.

LIC whose the best follow for the latest Bill's rumors?

You're probably most likely to hear about stuff from the national reporters first and then get Bills writers reacting to it after the fact.

If you're interested, I have a Twitter list of NFL reporters that you can follow. There's a couple guys in there that you won't care about (one of the Bucs blogs, some NFL draft guys that also write about other teams sometimes, etc.) but it has basically all the guys you'd expect to get your news from.

You're probably most likely to hear about stuff from the national reporters first and then get Bills writers reacting to it after the fact.

If you're interested, I have a Twitter list of NFL reporters that you can follow. There's a couple guys in there that you won't care about (one of the Bucs blogs, some NFL draft guys that also write about other teams sometimes, etc.) but it has basically all the guys you'd expect to get your news from.

Looks great thanks. Always good to see what the league is doing overall as well.

A98519E7-5171-4559-87CA-FAFB9E36DC1B.gif

And here I thought that LB depth was the only move the Bills were gonna make today. Pretty hefty price to pay for Diggs. Would have loved to have gotten Hopkins at the price AZ paid, but hopefully this deal works out.