Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Gave up a lot of capital but worth it.

Diggs is legit. He's not a big guy but he's a number 1 wideout. Some up and down games in Minnesota mainly due to their scheme and at times, conservative QB play.

Diggs 4 years / $45 mil

Cooper 5 years / $100 mil

That 1st round pick is hefty but that contract is glorious.

Agreed, you figure if this year goes well Buffalo will have to redo the deal somewhat but man this reallly opens up the draft and only really cost us the 1st with our extra picks.

So we replaced Lorax with AJ Klein, replaced Shaq with Mario Addison and added that #1 WR we all dreamt of.

Still have plenty of money to make another splash signing (or 2 if they cut Murphy)

Depth aside..

OL is pretty much set. QB set. TE set. WR set. LB set. Secondary is pretty much set.

Needs:

Young EDGE
DT
RB2

Young talent at the six key positions:

QB - Allen
LT - Dawkins
WR - Diggs
CB - Tre
MLB - Edmunds
EDGE - ???

Time for Allen to sink or swim. This trade will help a ton in determining whether or not Allen deserves a second contract.

Time for Allen to sink or swim. This trade will help a ton in determining whether or not Allen deserves a second contract.
Solid OL
Diggs - Brown - Beasley
Knox
Singletary

If Knox and Singletary make a 2nd year jump, watch out...

(Still can’t believe that’s a Buffalo Bills WR trio)

Solid OL
Diggs - Brown - Beasley
Knox
Singletary

And I imagine we'll be adding another talented WR and RB that group as well. It suddenly looks like we may very well go from having nearly no offensive talent at all 2 years ago to now having one of the most talented offenses in the league.

So we replaced Lorax with AJ Klein, replaced Shaq with Mario Addison and added that #1 WR we all dreamt of.

Still have plenty of money to make another splash signing (or 2 if they cut Murphy)

Depth aside..

OL is pretty much set. QB set. TE set. WR set. LB set. Secondary is pretty much set.

Needs:

Young EDGE
DT
RB2

I'd say a young CB or Safety as well on the needs list

Solid OL
Diggs - Brown - Beasley
Knox
Singletary

Plus Kroft and Sweeney and Croom at TE. Hoping Sweeney takes another step forward this off season

And I imagine we'll be adding another talented WR and RB that group as well. It suddenly looks like we may very well go from having nearly no offensive talent at all 2 years ago to now having one of the most talented offenses in the league.
Could easily see us sign a DT and make a splash at DE (cut Murphy), which could allow us to go WR or RB in the 2nd.

I know we apparently love that small college Safety who has a 2nd Round Grade. Also, we reportedly had interest in Chris Harris today.

I continue to think CB Amik Robertson will be a target of ours in the draft. Likely will go in the 3rd round or maybe the 2nd if someone reaches a bit on him.

Good with all the moves. Addison was a given, didn't know about the Klein relationship and his pff grades are extremely terrible but guess we'll see. At the end of the day could have had the 4th best wr in this class at 4 years/25m or pay an extra 4th 5th and 6th to get maybe the 10th best wr in the league at 4/45m. Fair trade for a sure thing and had to hit the 4 year rolling floor anyway. The extra 4 next year annoys me a lot for some reason but whatever. Going to be fun to watch. Hopefully Daboll is ready to create something exciting.

All thats left is to finish off the Tre, Dawkins, Milano extensions. Take a 1 year flyer in the $5m range for Gordon or Coleman if they get desperate and otherwise look for quality depth at all 3 levels of D.

We are going to learn whether we have our franchise QB in a hurry, totally agree.

Absolutely LOVE the move even though I usually loathe parting ways with draft picks. Especially love it given Diggs contract.
Although get your popcorn ready the first time Diggs is wide open down field and Allen misses a throw to the FB in the flat. I kid. Sort of.

Jordan Phillips headed to Arizona. I think I'm about to be proven wrong about his price tag.

Bill's allegedly negotiated with both Gordon and Reader yesterday.
If any of that comes to fruition, along with the Diggs trade and Brady news, I literally may not be able to contain myself.

I’m at the office with one other guy as everyone else is working from home and he’s listened to me talk about Bills Free Agency since 9 am on the dot. I’m starting to feel bad for him.

Jordan Phillips headed to Arizona. I think I'm about to be proven wrong about his price tag.

We were both right/wrong. Both him and Shaq get 3/30 though not sure whose money is real or not.

He's apparently terrible on defense but a special teams star. I'll take it. Churn that roster, incremental upgrades to the bottom of the roster can become meaningful.

Would love to see Melvin Gordon on a 1 year deal in the $5-7m range though would maybe be hesitant to add another strong personality to the room with Josh Norman and Diggs now around.