Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

1601864617642.png
1601864617642.png

Couple observations from the half I watched:

1) Anybody questioning Allen as a top tier QB is now just doing so because they don’t want to admit they were wrong (I admit I was). Guy is a stud, and the beauty of it is there is room to grow. Taking a sack to be knocked out of field goal range is a good example. But wow does he look the part. Talent around him sure helps but he is making throws down the seam, over the middle that I wasn’t sure he was ever going to be accurate enough to make.

2) Andre Roberts is a stud on returns but the kicking game remains a point of concern. Borarquez (misspelled, fully acknowledge) cannot kick those “coffin corner” punts to save his life, and laces were definitely not out on the kick Bass missed. He has a monster leg but would like to see refinement in these aspects. At least last year’s shanks have not returned,

3) A tip of the cap to the defense- huge takeaways at key moments and the 4th down stop by Oliver was a thing of beauty. But wow did they allow some chunk plays, and they just looked reactive. Personal view, Edmunds is definitely still hurt. He looks a step slower than last year. If the Titans game gets postponed that might be the best of all worlds, because with the injuries a Week 5 bye might be just what is needed to get a few guys healthy on defense who are banged up. Thinking McDermott will get the ship righted.

4) NFL officials...sigh.

5) The 4th down sweep to McKenzie was a brilliant play call. And I loved the fact that they went for it. Are analytics taking hold at OBD? Love it.

6) How good does 4-0 sound today? Love the fact that three of those wins are against AFC opponents. Lots to be excited about- just need everyone to stay healthy, tighten up the defense and we could have a special season.

Victory Monday!

Milano went out with a pectoral injury? He's a huge difference maker for the Bills defense and I know he's up for a new contract but you have to consider his availability from week to week as well. I love the player just not sure he's going to hold up. He looks bigger than ever though.

Couple observations from the half I watched:

1) Anybody questioning Allen as a top tier QB is now just doing so because they don’t want to admit they were wrong (I admit I was). Guy is a stud, and the beauty of it is there is room to grow. Taking a sack to be knocked out of field goal range is a good example. But wow does he look the part. Talent around him sure helps but he is making throws down the seam, over the middle that I wasn’t sure he was ever going to be accurate enough to make.

2) Andre Roberts is a stud on returns but the kicking game remains a point of concern. Borarquez (misspelled, fully acknowledge) cannot kick those “coffin corner” punts to save his life, and laces were definitely not out on the kick Bass missed. He has a monster leg but would like to see refinement in these aspects. At least last year’s shanks have not returned,

3) A tip of the cap to the defense- huge takeaways at key moments and the 4th down stop by Oliver was a thing of beauty. But wow did they allow some chunk plays, and they just looked reactive. Personal view, Edmunds is definitely still hurt. He looks a step slower than last year. If the Titans game gets postponed that might be the best of all worlds, because with the injuries a Week 5 bye might be just what is needed to get a few guys healthy on defense who are banged up. Thinking McDermott will get the ship righted.

4) NFL officials...sigh.

5) The 4th down sweep to McKenzie was a brilliant play call. And I loved the fact that they went for it. Are analytics taking hold at OBD? Love it.

6) How good does 4-0 sound today? Love the fact that three of those wins are against AFC opponents. Lots to be excited about- just need everyone to stay healthy, tighten up the defense and we could have a special season.

Victory Monday!

the timing required on that sweep is ridiculous. the play only works if the hand off occurs with the recipient at full speed and the timing of the snap must be dead on to coincide with his arrival.

the timing required on that sweep is ridiculous. the play only works if the hand off occurs with the recipient at full speed and the timing of the snap must be dead on to coincide with his arrival.

Agreed it was flawlessly executed.

I was like wow on that execution.

Daboll using the sweep there when it has been vastly used as window dressing this year as opposed to last year, just shows how he is playing chess. He’s been waiting for the right spot to use it. Same with the sneak, that was the first one we’d run all year and we have had a handful plus of 3rd/4th and 1s where it could have been used. He saved it for the right moment.

The sneak and sweep were overused last year (though I’m not sure you can overuse a sneak w a guy like Allen) but these plays work better when you use them sparingly. The efficiency of the main offense will allow us to take better advantage of the sweep and the sneak. Love it.

Daboll using the sweep there when it has been vastly used as window dressing this year as opposed to last year, just shows how he is playing chess. He’s been waiting for the right spot to use it. Same with the sneak, that was the first one we’d run all year and we have had a handful plus of 3rd/4th and 1s where it could have been used. He saved it for the right moment.

The sneak and sweep were overused last year (though I’m not sure you can overuse a sneak w a guy like Allen) but these plays work better when you use them sparingly. The efficiency of the main offense will allow us to take better advantage of the sweep and the sneak. Love it.
That sweep seemed different than in the past given how instantaneous the handoff was. Great execution. That said, I'll beat a dead horse and say that a quick QB sneak with less than a yard is a virtual lock. Especially with a guy like Allen.

I don't know - there were a number of times last season where the center-QB exchange on sneaks was screwed up (Dallas and @ NE come to mind),

Defense came through in the second half. Josh Norman’s forced fumble seemed to ignite them a bit.

Still concerned with them, but there were definitely signs of life after a first half that felt like a continuation of delayed scores allowed from the Rams.

Milano is a stud, but if he keeps getting dinged up, you can’t extend him.

Hopefully Edmunds is just playing hurt because he’s been super mediocre to bad this year.

This is an offensive league and your defense needs to have playmakers... Sacks and forced turnovers are the name of the game. I might be more inclined to buy into the Rams approach of having two marquee players and then just filler, rather than a whole bunch of good players. Here’s to hoping White and Edmunds are those guys, but so far... eh.

Yep all the smart play callers in the league use motion on every play and know when to call for that sweep in the right spots. It's hilarious watching the Jets offense compared to the Bills and seeing how junior varsity level it is.

Yep all the smart play callers in the league use motion on every play and know when to call for that sweep in the right spots. It's hilarious watching the Jets offense compared to the Bills and seeing how junior varsity level it is.
I’m seeing a lot of Jets fans clamoring for Daboll right now...

They also are resigned to the assumption that they will be hiring Bienemy.

I think they'll both have better options after this season

Daboll and Bienemy will be sought after for sure. Daboll interviewed with the Browns last year and if you are a proven OC that has proven to be able to coach up a QB and adapt your system to their skill set they will be in high demand. I am not sure Daboll will make a great HC though, not saying he won't but he will most likely get a shot somewhere. Have to have the right leadership qualities too but he has learned from McDermott as well who 100% excels in these areas

I will say that Daboll is the next coach of the Detrot Lions in 2021

Daboll and Bienemy will be sought after for sure. Daboll interviewed with the Browns last year and if you are a proven OC that has proven to be able to coach up a QB and adapt your system to their skill set they will be in high demand. I am not sure Daboll will make a great HC though, not saying he won't but he will most likely get a shot somewhere. Have to have the right leadership qualities too but he has learned from McDermott as well who 100% excels in these areas

I will say that Daboll is the next coach of the Detrot Lions in 2021
Looks too similar to Patricia/is from Belichick's coaching tree. I don't think they'll go for him personally. I'm fairly certain somebody will hire him away from us if Allen continues to play anywhere near this current level though.

Last 16 games Allen at 29 passing TD and 4 INT .. not even counting his rushing TDS

Looks too similar to Patricia/is from Belichick's coaching tree. I don't think they'll go for him personally. I'm fairly certain somebody will hire him away from us if Allen continues to play anywhere near this current level though.
Oh, he gone