Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

It looked bad given the speed but it was not a vicious play.

I am stunned by this game by the way. I am so frustrated my goodness

This game was fine by me. Pretty much dominated. I woke up thinking the Jets would be a good bet vs our mash unit; apparently others had the same idea the way the line plummeted. What a great week to play the Jets. Boy do they and Darnold suck.

This game was fine by me. Pretty much dominated. I woke up thinking the Jets would be a good bet vs our mash unit; apparently others had the same idea the way the line plummeted. What a great week to play the Jets. Boy do they and Darnold suck.
They legit broke Darnold.

I’ve never seen a team sabotage a QB in the way they’ve done to him.

Thoughts:
-I'm going to hold off on saying the D is "fixed". The Jets SUCK. I did like seeing Frazier dial up pressure in the 2nd half - keep that up. Disheartening to see Old Man Gore go 11/60. I think if the Jets ran the ball more, this game would have unfolded much differently. Thankfully, the Jets are dumb and Darnold sucks..
- Speaking of Darnold, he's just bad. He had one really nice throw - corner route to Berrios on 3rd and 20 (not sure how/why Johnson gave up the corner, but I rarely understand what he's doing out there) - but was just really, really bad otherwise.
- easy to look at the headlines and say "Allen couldn't get to the Bills to the end zone...bad game", but I thought that he was actually pretty effective. Took what the D gave him. Brown being out really handicaps this offense, and even though he played against KC, I don't think that he was healthy. If we can get any sort of consistent run game going, that would be a huge boost. Mongo's return should help with that.
- Props to Hughes. That was his best game in a while.
-Epenesa flashed a bit too. Beat Becton badly on a sweep and stuffed the play.
-Yardage was something like 425-190. Game wasn't as close as the score indicated.
-I have no idea what to expect when Bass tries a FG. None whatsoever. He's like the Nuke Laloosh of NFL kickers.
-Edmunds ...make a damn play for once. Dropped 2 INTs. Maybe that was an homage to Knox.
- Dane Jackson stepped up as well. Nice to see.
-did anyone see a replay of the Gabe Davis TD that was negated by an illegal formation penalty? I don't think CBS showed a replay - wanted to know specifically what happened on the play.
- Once again, just a general lack of attention to detail and discipline. Not even sure what to say about the penalties.
- Beasley was obviously huge. If teams zone us to death, he will be crucial.
- Didn't think that NE would be good this year, but I did think they'd be better than Miami. If we can beat NE next week, and the Rams beat Miami, that would give us a 3-game lead in AFCE.

Hughes has been good all year long; was nice to see his pressure finally get rewarded yesterday.

Ugly win, but a wins a win. Throw it in the win column and let's hope the defense can build off the 2nd half. Run game showed at least some sign of life as well.

Hughes has been good all year long; was nice to see his pressure finally get rewarded yesterday.

Ugly win, but a wins a win. Throw it in the win column and let's hope the defense can build off the 2nd half. Run game showed at least some sign of life as well.
“Just the Jets”, but they have a good run defense and we looked competent at running the ball outside Josh, finally.

Also, “just the Jets” but the defense played w some swag in that second half. Epenesa looked solid against Becton, which is promising.

Did anyone figure out why they called illegal formation on the 1 TD pass? we had 5 linemen and a TE and the WR on the other side on the line . What was wrong with it? Did they claim the WR was not off the line ?

Did anyone figure out why they called illegal formation on the 1 TD pass? we had 5 linemen and a TE and the WR on the other side on the line . What was wrong with it? Did they claim the WR was not off the line ?

I assume so but if I recall correctly they didn't show the replay of the whole formation and never looped back to figure it out. The commentators seemed to think it was just a bad call.

Someone said he didn't point to the ref. I never understood what the purpose of that is.

there is no rule about pointing to a ref though.. all that means is the ref can offer some visual clue as to whether you were on or off the line but he doesnt have too. i rewound it and if they called the WR for being on the line when they have 50 plays a game where the formation by rule is probably not legal thats just dumb. It looked like he was well off the line.

Someone said he didn't point to the ref. I never understood what the purpose of that is.

That's not a rule, but essentially WRs ask the ref if they're lined up correctly pretty often. Presumably that someone is saying that had he asked the ref, the ref would have told him he needed to move forward or backward and the penalty would have been avoided.

“Just the Jets”, but they have a good run defense and we looked competent at running the ball outside Josh, finally.

Also, “just the Jets” but the defense played w some swag in that second half. Epenesa looked solid against Becton, which is promising.

every NFL team has a ton of talent ... it takes a lot to stop any nfl offense with today’s rules

there is no rule about pointing to a ref though.. all that means is the ref can offer some visual clue as to whether you were on or off the line but he doesnt have too. i rewound it and if they called the WR for being on the line when they have 50 plays a game where the formation by rule is probably not legal thats just dumb. It looked like he was well off the line.

can someone explain to me the huge advantage an offense obtains if they don’t have enough men on the line ? The entire thing is stupid

can someone explain to me the huge advantage an offense obtains if they don’t have enough men on the line ? The entire thing is stupid

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it has something to do with eligible receivers.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it has something to do with eligible receivers.
I think that's it. They should just eliminate tackle eligible plays and let the receivers line up wherever they want, and you know, play football.

anyone off the line is eligible.. if you had 8 off the line the refs and D would have no clue who to cover