Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

I think that's it. They should just eliminate tackle eligible plays and let the receivers line up wherever they want, and you know, play football.
even flag football has some rules in some leagues.

can someone explain to me the huge advantage an offense obtains if they don’t have enough men on the line ? The entire thing is stupid
Also, they are set farther back, which will give them an advantage for pass protection and getting out for edge blocking.

Give me a NT and a good cover LB at the trade deadline and I'll be ok with the defense. They aren't elite but they can still be a good defense that can generate a couple turnovers and force a few punts every game.

Very concerned about the offense's red zone woes, need to find ways to score down there again. And Bass is an enigma for a kicker.

Couple reactions from yesterday:

1) I have to remind myself of the old Parcells analogy- you are what your record says you are. We're 5-2; which feels awfully good. Should we knock off the Pats this weekend I think anyone would have accepted 6-2 to start the season.

2) That said there a clear opportunities to improve, especially on defense. I am reluctant to declare victory after the second half yesterday. That unit needs to get healthy but frankly they need to get better, period. The defense is far too passive and reactive- the refusal to bring pressure is astonishing to me. I am hopeful that McDermott will get this fixed because I don't have faith that Frazier can.

3) Low hanging fruit to say the offense needs to score touchdowns- but I actually thought they had a good day moving the ball until the red zone. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? Allen did a nice job of taking what was there, especially with Beasley. The fumble was a great defensive play, not him running loose with the handle. What worries me is the lack of a running game- maybe this changes with Feliciano but Allen can't be the only one called upon to get 3-4 yards. Moss did look good in his touches.

4) Bass is an adventure. Gotta give credit for going 6 for 8 but wow I do not have confidence in him. If you're on Twitter, a great follow is YardsPerPass- guys is a huge Bills fan and breaks down the All-22. Anyway he pointed out that Bass is toxic from the right hash- that has to get fixed. Huge leg, obviously. But at some point in the playoffs we're going to need a pressure kick made. Anyone have faith right now?

5) This week is going to tell me a lot. The Pats are definitely wounded and not the versions of past years. But we are going to have to take the crown from them- I want to see how the team responds. A resounding win with an improved defense and explosive "O" would quiet the doubts- and set Buffalo up with a 3+ game lead going into the second half. A stubbed toe...yikes is it going to be hard to stomach that one.

On to New England.

Couple reactions from yesterday:

1) I have to remind myself of the old Parcells analogy- you are what your record says you are. We're 5-2; which feels awfully good. Should we knock off the Pats this weekend I think anyone would have accepted 6-2 to start the season.

2) That said there a clear opportunities to improve, especially on defense. I am reluctant to declare victory after the second half yesterday. That unit needs to get healthy but frankly they need to get better, period. The defense is far too passive and reactive- the refusal to bring pressure is astonishing to me. I am hopeful that McDermott will get this fixed because I don't have faith that Frazier can.

3) Low hanging fruit to say the offense needs to score touchdowns- but I actually thought they had a good day moving the ball until the red zone. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? Allen did a nice job of taking what was there, especially with Beasley. The fumble was a great defensive play, not him running loose with the handle. What worries me is the lack of a running game- maybe this changes with Feliciano but Allen can't be the only one called upon to get 3-4 yards. Moss did look good in his touches.

4) Bass is an adventure. Gotta give credit for going 6 for 8 but wow I do not have confidence in him. If you're on Twitter, a great follow is YardsPerPass- guys is a huge Bills fan and breaks down the All-22. Anyway he pointed out that Bass is toxic from the right hash- that has to get fixed. Huge leg, obviously. But at some point in the playoffs we're going to need a pressure kick made. Anyone have faith right now?

5) This week is going to tell me a lot. The Pats are definitely wounded and not the versions of past years. But we are going to have to take the crown from them- I want to see how the team responds. A resounding win with an improved defense and explosive "O" would quiet the doubts- and set Buffalo up with a 3+ game lead going into the second half. A stubbed toe...yikes is it going to be hard to stomach that one.

On to New England.
Great post!!

Interesting that they pretty much used Milano on 3rd downs only for the most part. Think he played 14-15 downs. Hopefully he can get more time this week.

I would expect the Pats to have a pretty elaborate running game plan for Sunday and try to get Cam heavily involved there. try to keep the ball for 5-8 minutes at a time. They certainly don't want to get behind and rely on Cam throwing the ball. Then make allen be patient the entire game and turn it into a rock fight. Allen has to avoid forcing it down the field to Diggs. Beasley could be huge again as well. Hopefully Brown comes back but might be wishful thinking.

Huge game

Went back and reviewed the TD called back.. The WR was fine he was 2 yds off the line.. the issue I think was that the guard was set back a bit and the tackle/TE were set back a bit and the ref decided the WR needed to be 10yds off the line to be valid.

This is one of the top games on the schedule that it really sucks we don't have any fans.

This is one of the top games on the schedule that it really sucks we don't have any fans.

I think the bills 2-3 weeks ago thought they were going to be able to get some fans in the seats for this game. Clearly the have been working on it and they were calling season ticket holders and gauging interest etc. With the recent spikes I think that has obviously been squashed. I think they targeted the KC game first and then bumped out to this Sunday and now probably looking out even further

We’re not going to have fans this year, which is 100% ridiculous, but it is what it is. Cases are spiking across the country, Europe is having lockdowns again, and the only hope we had was opening Pandora’s Box before it got any worse. If Cuomo couldn’t bring himself to let us have some fans a few weeks ago, he’s not going to now.

We’re not going to have fans this year, which is 100% ridiculous, but it is what it is. Cases are spiking across the country, Europe is having lockdowns again, and the only hope we had was opening Pandora’s Box before it got any worse. If Cuomo couldn’t bring himself to let us have some fans a few weeks ago, he’s not going to now.

Bingo.

Maybe playoffs

Feliciano was activated today and Levi was designated to return which gives him a 3 week window so he is likely close as well.
Feliciano, once he gets the rust off, should be a major boost for the run (and hopefully screen) game.

Levi takes a lot of heat because of the amount of action he sees due to Tre being on the other side, but he’s significantly better than anything else we’ve got at CB2.

If we keep getting healthy & stay healthy then some of our recent concerns & struggles will be mitigated.

Brown back at practice today and good to go for Sunday. Sounds like Levi may play as well.

Hyde likely out for Sunday. Jefferson and Butler also both missed practice. With Edelman definitely out and Nkeal Harry looking like he's unavailable as well, I am not sure NE is going to even attempt a pass. Hope the Run R is ready, Hyde is a massive loss.

Hyde likely out for Sunday. Jefferson and Butler also both missed practice. With Edelman definitely out and Nkeal Harry looking like he's unavailable as well, I am not sure NE is going to even attempt a pass. Hope the Run R is ready, Hyde is a massive loss.

Not to mention the weather looks horrendous. Driving rain and wind with gusts up to 50 mph.

Not to mention the weather looks horrendous. Driving rain and wind with gusts up to 50 mph.

From Weather.com, not great but slightly better

Rain showers along with windy conditions. Morning high of 51F with temps falling to near 40. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

From Weather.com, not great but slightly better

Rain showers along with windy conditions. Morning high of 51F with temps falling to near 40. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

I was going off of these tweets earlier: