Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Time to get started.

Jeremy Fowler coming in hot with his Super Bowl prediction. on Espn.com this morning...
Jeremy Fowler, national NFL writer: Seahawks over Bills. Both teams are a few pieces away. Seattle will pick up another stretch-the-field receiver, get faster on defense and let Russell Wilson do the rest off play-action. I like everything about the Bills' rebuild, and if Josh Allen makes a sizable Year 3 leap, there's little reason why they can't push through the AFC seeding with that defense and running game.

I dream about landing Clowney or Ngakoue for $20m/year but doesn't really seem like that is something they would do but they have paid Morse and Star top of the market money so maybe it is possible. Give me either of them and Shenault or Higgins at 22 in the draft and I would be happy no matter what else happens.

I just don't see how or where they can spend $90m but the window is open for 3 more years before an Allen extension would kick in so time to go for it.

I hope they don't spend the entire 90 million. Gotta lock up White sooner rather than later.

Edge rusher in 1st. WR in 2nd. Package extra mid-round picks for the best available athlete (LB, CB) in the mid-late 2nd. See if Phillips would take $10M/yr. because he is in his prime and is a player with a lot of "want it" who won't take off plays because he got his contract. Cut Star loose after the season. Extend Tre (and maybe others) after the season.

Edge rusher in 1st. WR in 2nd. Package extra mid-round picks for the best available athlete (LB, CB) in the mid-late 2nd. See if Phillips would take $10M/yr. because he is in his prime and is a player with a lot of "want it" who won't take off plays because he got his contract. Cut Star loose after the season. Extend Tre (and maybe others) after the season.
Thats about as perfect an off season as we could get.

Greg Olsen visiting Bills and Redskins next week.
Not sure how much better he would be then Kroft and Knox at this point but we know they worship all things Carolina. I'd rather spend $10m on Hooper tham $5m on Olsen.

De'Andre Swift at 22 in McShay's new Mock today. Another potentially elite offensive playmaker is a must so I'm kind of OK with it assuming they were able to fill out WR(unlikely) or Edge in free agency. Not the best use of resources to use a 1st on a RB though unless he's a guaranteed difference maker and I don't know if Swift is that or not.

For me I hope the Bills don't go handing out massive contracts in FA. Try to resign Lawson/Phillips to good deals and then spend some money getting quality depth. Still need to save some cap room too for Tre's big contract.

For the draft I think they def will try to get an Edge DL and a WR, and I"m hoping they also go for OG/LB.

Allen's development will obviously be the biggest story of the offseason, but I'm hoping Knox takes a big step forward as well.

My ideal offseason would be something along the lines of:
  • Re-sign Spain, Kevin Johnson, Waddle, and the cheap/ERFA/RFAs (i.e. McKenzie, Foster, Croom, etc.)
  • Let Shaq and Phillips walk
  • Cut Kroft/Smith, sign Olsen
  • Cut Bojo
  • Extend Milano & Dawkins & maybe Tre
  • Find a way to sign Clowney or Ngakoue
  • Find a way to sign AJ Green
  • Sign a cheap veteran RB (Jordan Howard, Peyton Barber, Chris Thompson, hell I'd be fine with just bringing Gore back)
  • Sign a punter
  • Bring in a kicker to compete with Hauschka
And then in the draft, something like:
1st round - Pass-rusher: Gross-Matos or Epenesa (if we go WR in the first, Jalen Reagor is my preferred choice; I personally don't want Shenault unless we actually land AJ Green or someone like him)
2nd - WR: Brandon Aiyuk
3rd - Safety or Corner: Kyle Dugger (though I suspect he'll be a riser)
4th - Trade-up territory, maybe for a RB (preferably a big play threat and or a 3rd down back)
5th-7th - BPA, would think this would be a good opportunity to draft another WR and CB, maybe a DT

My ideal offseason would be something along the lines of:
  • Re-sign Spain, Kevin Johnson, Waddle, and the cheap/ERFA/RFAs (i.e. McKenzie, Foster, Croom, etc.)
  • Let Shaq and Phillips walk
  • Cut Kroft/Smith, sign Olsen
  • Cut Bojo
  • Extend Milano & Dawkins & maybe Tre
  • Find a way to sign Clowney or Ngakoue
  • Find a way to sign AJ Green
  • Sign a cheap veteran RB (Jordan Howard, Peyton Barber, Chris Thompson, hell I'd be fine with just bringing Gore back)
  • Sign a punter
  • Bring in a kicker to compete with Hauschka
And then in the draft, something like:
1st round - Pass-rusher: Gross-Matos or Epenesa (if we go WR in the first, Jalen Reagor is my preferred choice; I personally don't want Shenault unless we actually land AJ Green or someone like him)
2nd - WR: Brandon Aiyuk
3rd - Safety or Corner: Kyle Dugger (though I suspect he'll be a riser)
4th - Trade-up territory, maybe for a RB (preferably a big play threat and or a 3rd down back)
5th-7th - BPA, would think this would be a good opportunity to draft another WR and CB, maybe a DT

The more I think about it the more I think Mario Addison will likely be a Bill next year. A little old for my liking but highly productive. I'd be pretty happy with Bradberry too if they just want to continue the tradition of bringing on former Panthers. Imagine that he's going to be expensive but don't know what else they plan on doing with all the cap space. We're passed the point where we should always just look for young and cheap, the rebuild is over and it's time to supplement the roster instead of build it.

Not sure if anyone saw Joe B's mock offseason article in the Athletic but he has the Bills drafting Alton in the fifth round

Not sure if anyone saw Joe B's mock offseason article in the Athletic but he has the Bills drafting Alton in the fifth round
Have seen 3 different prognisticors predicting him to the Bills in rounds 2,4 and 5.

Have seen 3 different prognisticors predicting him to the Bills in rounds 2,4 and 5.

Yeah it's a bit all over the place, I would be surprised if he went in the 2nd round but I can't see him going later than the 5th.

I’m pretty much never in favor of trading up and that includes this scenario.
Only time I'm for it is if its just a few spots and to secure someone dropping or to move up before there is a clear tier drop off. 15 is probably too high because of cost but if say the #10 guy on the board is avail at 18 and next highest guy is the #15 guy then that is the kind of situation I'm good with.

For my fellow nerds, I've been tracking which schools the Bills have scouted, prospects they've met with, etc. and organized it into this handy spreadsheet. I've also added a breakdown of WR prospects based on a bunch of different metrics so you can see a color-coded map of which boxes each WR checks as well as which category I think they fall into (slot vs. wideout vs. a combo of the two).

Link to the spreadsheet

There are a number of large receivers running 4.5s at the combine. The kid from Colorado turns out to be a couple of inches shorter than I thought and ran like 4.6.

For my fellow nerds, I've been tracking which schools the Bills have scouted, prospects they've met with, etc. and organized it into this handy spreadsheet. I've also added a breakdown of WR prospects based on a bunch of different metrics so you can see a color-coded map of which boxes each WR checks as well as which category I think they fall into (slot vs. wideout vs. a combo of the two).

Link to the spreadsheet

lol not a Bills fan but this is awesome

Link to the spreadsheet
I'll wait for the audio book. That will be coming out when?