Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 197 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

What area is your hotel at? I'm just curious since I live here and the sports complex is not exactly in downtown.
Heard anything about game time weather from local meteorologists?

Gotta test his mobility with that turf toe early. If he’s not as mobile as usual could change the way we want to play him throughout the game.

Heard anything about game time weather from local meteorologists?

High of 41 Low of 32 on Sunday, but sounds like it will be raining most of the day.

Heads up, Chiefs fans! It’s looking like it will be damp and cold outside this Sunday evening as Kansas City takes on the Buffalo Bills.

“It’s going to be rainy, drizzly, mist is going to be falling out of the sky,” FOX4’s Karli Ritter said on Friday.

The rain will likely start in the morning and last all day. Predictions show the north part of a big rain system will hover over the metro before the full mass moves in later in the evening.

Here’s what we can see for gameday:

• Tailgating: The temperature will be about 40 degrees before the game with light winds.
  • Kickoff: By 5:40 p.m., the temperature will be down down a few degrees with slightly increasing winds.
  • Second half: We’ll be in the mid- to low-30s by the start of the second half, and winds will be up to 15 mph.

I’m out for a jog in the middle of January and it’s 60 degrees right now.

I’ve lost all my patience for watching weather forecasts for games played outside north of the Carolinas.

Let’s hope Allen handles the cold rain better than earlier this year... if that’s what we’re getting in KC.

Last edited:
When I lived in Tampa a few years ago the Eagles were in town and they basically took over. Rank extraordinarily high on the groups of folks who are loud and obnoxious.

Not much doubt about that. I can't defend their behavior at times but I doubt there is any other NFL fan base that can exceed their intensity.

There’s a clip from the most recent PFT show where Chris Simms and Mike Florio talk about the very real groundswell of executives who would take Allen over Mahomes as THE guy to build around for the next 10 years.

Specifically they mention how blown away guys are when they watch him play in person.

Allen can cement that conversation this Sunday.

Has me wondering... rosters outside QB... who has the edge on Sunday?

High of 41 Low of 32 on Sunday, but sounds like it will be raining most of the day.

Heads up, Chiefs fans! It’s looking like it will be damp and cold outside this Sunday evening as Kansas City takes on the Buffalo Bills.

“It’s going to be rainy, drizzly, mist is going to be falling out of the sky,” FOX4’s Karli Ritter said on Friday.

The rain will likely start in the morning and last all day. Predictions show the north part of a big rain system will hover over the metro before the full mass moves in later in the evening.

Here’s what we can see for gameday:

• Tailgating: The temperature will be about 40 degrees before the game with light winds.
  • Kickoff: By 5:40 p.m., the temperature will be down down a few degrees with slightly increasing winds.
  • Second half: We’ll be in the mid- to low-30s by the start of the second half, and winds will be up to 15 mph.
Thanks - you da man!

There’s a clip from the most recent PFT show where Chris Simms and Mike Florio talk about the very real groundswell of executives who would take Allen over Mahomes as THE guy to build around for the next 10 years.

Specifically they mention how blown away guys are when they watch him play in person.

Allen can cement that conversation this Sunday.

Has me wondering... rosters outside QB... who has the edge on Sunday?
let’s do offense:
qb: chiefs have a slight edge
rb: chiefs have a big edge
wr: bills have a slight edge
te: chiefs have a galaxy size edge... in my opinion Kelce is who will win the game for the chiefs if they win and he is the main factor separating the teams
oline: I think the chiefs have a slightly better one as they can run block a little better from what I’ve seen

Good call. Definitely more fun and more things to do and places to eat in that area.
Basically only care about breweries, arthur bryants, oklahoma joes and somewhere to watch the McGregor fight tom night.

Haven't lived in a cold place in years so did a run to under armour for thermals, gloves, grabbed ponchos and hand warmers.

let’s do offense:
qb: chiefs have a slight edge
rb: chiefs have a big edge
wr: bills have a slight edge
te: chiefs have a galaxy size edge... in my opinion Kelce is who will win the game for the chiefs if they win and he is the main factor separating the teams
oline: I think the chiefs have a slightly better one as they can run block a little better from what I’ve seen
I was looking for outside of QB, basically seeing how close things are if we’re looking at QB vs QB based on what Florio & Simms have been hearing.

OL - Push

WR - Slight edge Buffalo

RB - Push (Unless CEH is healthy)

TE - Massive edge for KC

DL - Chiefs

LB - Bills

Secondary - Bills

I agree that if KC wins, it will likely be due to Kelce being the difference maker. If Buffalo wins, I think it’s due to our Defense being better than KC’s the last half of the season and that continuing.

Last edited:
I was looking for outside of QB, basically seeing how close things are if we’re looking at QB vs QB based on what Florio & Simms have been hearing.

OL - Push

WR - Slight edge Buffalo

RB - Push (Unless CEH is healthy)

TE - Massive edge for KC

DL - Chiefs

LB - Bills

Secondary - Slight edge Buffalo

I agree that if KC wins, it will likely be due to Kelce being the difference maker. If Buffalo wins, I think it’s due to our Defense being better than KC’s the last half of the season and that continuing.
If the Bills are going to win they need to contain Kelce and generally limit big plays. They need to make the Chiefs work for yards and try to keep fgs from becoming tds. Other key is the Bills O can’t take quarters off and needs to sustain drives... they have been much better at being consistent in the back 8.

I am all for a cheap win but I never in a million years thought he would not play

Yeah, despite his "pinched nerve" ;), I didn't think there was any way that Mahomes wouldn't play on Sunday.

gf.jpg

Same. I am pacing the house, the wife thinks I am nuts...

I'm pacing the house, waiting for Kyle Brandt's new hype video to drop.

Upon its release, I'll probably view it upwards of 20x, and will not be able to sleep tonight.

This might be the longest Saturday in my adult life...

The anxiety is starting to hit now.
We got, virtually, all day tomorrow to wait too.

Josh and the boys got our back. We did not have Knox in that first match up. He’ll help.

This team has their feet wet in the playoffs now. I think they’ll be settled in and focused tomorrow. I think we’re better than them.

Mahomes and Reid are going to be tough to beat but I’m really encouraged by the fact that our defense will be healthier than we were the first game on defense - and playing better. Compared to last time we faced the Chiefs - we’ll have Milano & Levi, a fully healthy Edmunds, and Harrison Phillips will be on the field. He was a healthy scratch last time against KC, but he’s been flashing on the field for the last month or so. Eating blocks and even making some plays.

We got, virtually, all day tomorrow to wait too.

Josh and the boys got our back. We did not have Knox in that first match up. He’ll help.

This team had their feet wet in the playoffs now. I think they’ll be settled in and focused tomorrow. I think we’re better than them.

Mahomes and Reid are going to be tough to beat but I’m really encouraged by the fact that our defense will be healthier than we were the first game on defense - and playing better. Compared to last time we faced the Chiefs - we’ll have Milano & Levi, a fully healthy Edmunds, and Harrison Phillips will be on the field. He was a healthy scratch last time against KC, but he’s been flashing on the field for the last month or so. Eating blocks and even making some plays.

Have you seen the defensive splits for the Bills with and without Milano? It's remarkable how much better the D is, at least statistically, with Milano playing.