Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Which teams in your opinion have a better roster?
Team was still 13-3 with plenty of warts and yeah flamed out in the playoffs. played a horrible game, by far the worst of the year but it's still a top 5 roster, IMO. Debate with Cinci, SF, Philly, and KC. I don't see anyone else right now. Miami coming along as well

Huge hurdles to get over as far as getting to the Super Bowl but they clearly will not be anyone's favorite next year which is good, IMO

Last edited:
Which teams in your opinion have a better roster?

The two teams playing next weekend, for sure. The two teams that lost last weekend as well. I think the Jets have a better all around roster, they just happen to be missing the most important piece. I don't really think the Bills roster as a whole is any better than the Dolphins, Chargers or Vikings for that matter. Outside of Allen, Diggs, Miller, Milano and Edmunds, every other position could stand to be upgraded (I suppose I'll give White a pass until next year, but man did he look awful coming off that injury).

We don't have a #2 receiver. There's not a single offensive or defensive lineman (outside Miller) that played consistent enough all year to make me feel good about any of them returning. The secondary got toasted constantly against any decent QB (Elam and Benford are young, so hopefully they make a sophomore jump). I think Beane has a lot of work to do this offseason without a lot of cap space. He needs to hit in the draft - especially the first 3 rounds - which, quite honestly, has not been great for him.

The two teams playing next weekend, for sure. The two teams that lost last weekend as well. I think the Jets have a better all around roster, they just happen to be missing the most important piece. I don't really think the Bills roster as a whole is any better than the Dolphins, Chargers or Vikings for that matter. Outside of Allen, Diggs, Miller, Milano and Edmunds, every other position could stand to be upgraded (I suppose I'll give White a pass until next year, but man did he look awful coming off that injury).

We don't have a #2 receiver. There's not a single offensive or defensive lineman (outside Miller) that played consistent enough all year to make me feel good about any of them returning. The secondary got toasted constantly against any decent QB (Elam and Benford are young, so hopefully they make a sophomore jump). I think Beane has a lot of work to do this offseason without a lot of cap space. He needs to hit in the draft - especially the first 3 rounds - which, quite honestly, has not been great for him.

Question about the "secondary getting toasted"

I'd like someone with a better football mind than mine to weigh in on this, as to whether it was personnel (and yes, there seemed to be a ton of injuries, which might be normal in today's NFL) vs. scheme, where the DC often didn't provide any QB pressure and left them to defend for 3.5 seconds.

Clearly the non-Pass defended against Minnesota on the Jefferson catch was just dumb.

Question about the "secondary getting toasted"

I'd like someone with a better football mind than mine to weigh in on this, as to whether it was personnel (and yes, there seemed to be a ton of injuries, which might be normal in today's NFL) vs. scheme, where the DC often didn't provide any QB pressure and left them to defend for 3.5 seconds.

Clearly the non-Pass defended against Minnesota on the Jefferson catch was just dumb.

Pass rush definitely plays a part, but I saw enough replays in the playoffs alone of guys biting on routes/fakes and blowing their coverage assignments to believe that the secondary deserves a significant amount of blame themselves.

It's pretty wild that as QB obsessed as everyone says fans/media are, it's impact is still underrated in a way. I think a ranking of Non-QB rosters would look very different than most think.

I was watching a PFF video in the preseason that said Miami's roster was as good or better outside of QB. After initially scoffing at it as anyone would've at the time, I stopped laughing as they progressed through the positions.
"Ya WR's is them agreed, ya OL is about a wash agreed...". Defense gets a little muddy where both teams were so beat up w injuries this year.

The Jets & Chargers for sure. I think you can make a good case the Browns are up there too. I've got them penciled in as an 'Over' team next year already.

Team was still 13-3 with plenty of warts and yeah flamed out in the playoffs. played a horrible game, by far the worst of the year but it's still a top 5 roster, IMO. Debate with Cinci, SF, Philly, and KC. I don't see anyone else right now. Miami coming along as well

Huge hurdles to get over as far as getting to the Super Bowl but they clearly will not be anyone's favorite next year which is good, IMO

I'd put the Bills in the top half of the league, prolly around 10-12 spot in terms of talent outside of QB. Only really need upgrades at a few spots (WR2, IOL, S, DE outside of Von)

Brought in the Texans’ safeties coach (they had worst secondary in the league)

Brought in the Texans’ safeties coach (they had worst secondary in the league)
Also had the worst roster in the league. So at least that part makes some sense.

On another note, I haven’t read any Bills-related content here since the Cinci debacle, but this team will go nowhere with Frazier as their DC.

And Beane NEEDS to protect and weaponize Allen this off season

Pretty scary situation, but glad the Pegulas got to told everyone on their terms

I have a client whose wife just went through something similar. She is now on Hospice care. Helping people through this is a mixed blessing of my job. We help our clients through the most difficult times of their lives: the loss of a loved one.
When people ask me when they should have an estate plan in place? That’s easy, tell me when you are going to die or become incompetent, and we will book an appointment about a month before.

If you don’t have a plan in place, please do so. It will give you peace of mind.

If you are local to Syracuse, and would like to attend a free educational seminar on February 20th in Liverpool, to understand your options. You can register at my website:
safeharborwillsandtrusts.com or call 315.451.4700.

Whether you start with me or another attorney, please start. Procrastination will not delay the inevitable.

I have a client whose wife just went through something similar. She is now on Hospice care. Helping people through this is a mixed blessing of my job. We help our clients through the most difficult times of their lives: the loss of a loved one.
When people ask me when they should have an estate plan in place? That’s easy, tell me when you are going to die or become incompetent, and we will book an appointment about a month before.

If you don’t have a plan in place, please do so. It will give you peace of mind.

If you are local to Syracuse, and would like to attend a free educational seminar on February 20th in Liverpool, to understand your options. You can register at my website:
safeharborwillsandtrusts.com or call 315.451.4700.

Whether you start with me or another attorney, please start. Procrastination will not delay the inevitable.
I got it done last year thought my legal plan benefit at work. Definitely something you should take advantage of if you have that benefit available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom