Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

I just disagree, this team is OK but makes too many mistakes on offense. They are a 11-6 team because they don't really put it together on the offensive side of the ball consistently and leave way too many points on the field. McDermott and the defense deserve a lot of credit for over achieving on defense considering they probably lost their 3 best players in a 2 week time frame. The pick up of Douglas was great as well and probably saved the D. They have a really high ceiling which you have seen in 2-3 games but other than that pretty average team.

Bills fans tend to sweep Allen's turnovers under the rug as well. It's an issue and has been since Daboll left because the offense seems wildly inconsistent since he left

The Steelers game is just another game where anything could happen. Won't be surprised if they win big or lose in a rock fight with the same offense that we saw last night. You can't score 14 points with the way they moved the football last night

If this team is just ok then I think by your definition only the 49ers and Ravens are good teams.

Allen also had trouble with turnovers in 2021 FYI

If this team is just ok then I think by your definition only the 49ers and Ravens are good teams.

That’s probably correct. The bills have a very high ceiling but a low floor. Overall it ends up yielding a decent team that can beat or lose to anyone

For sure. I just keep reading the OC was some magical change. He did get Cook going. I’ll give Brady credit there, but mostly it’s been the defense that’s been downright dominant especially against the pass since the Philly game.
It took 18 weeks but you're right about something. Most realize this.
Those "can't win a big game or beat a winning team" takes not aging terribly well. Best record in league vs playoff teams.

That’s probably correct. The bills have a very high ceiling but a low floor. Overall it ends up yielding a decent team that can beat or lose to anyone
My whole point and with a Qb who can flash brilliance and then make bonehead play after bonehead play in a matter of minutes this is what you get. The defense is going to be OK, it's all up to Josh on how far this team goes and even if the D has a bad game, Allen has to step up and capitalize on opportunities. I think his deep throws have been horrible this year as well.

Last edited:

He simply turns the ball over too much other than 2020. I think the lack of crowds was great for Josh

And yes I think there are two really good teams in the NFL right now and if you think the Bills can beat either playing the way the offense has the past 3 weeks I would strongly disagree.

So yeah, this doesn't sound ideal for Sunday. Let's hope the lake snow stays south, or else it could be a real mess.

As of this writing, nothing is carved in stone about the upcoming weekend, other than we will be very windy and much colder by Sunday. On Friday, another deepening storm system will begin moving north toward the Great Lakes. While its precise track cannot be determined yet, all current indications project this as a major low pressure system, as seen in this Weather Prediction Center Saturday morning forecast map.

Both the American GFS and European ECMWF present this low as exceptionally powerful, and passing to our northwest on a track favorable to producing strong to high winds by Saturday afternoon, as temps fall through the 30s. Snow showers and accumulating lake-effect snow will set up as the colder air races in. The lake snow may start out near the metro area on a southwest wind, and then settle southward as winds veer to more westerly.

By Sunday morning, arctic air will have established its takeover with accompanying strong westerly winds. If the winds remain out of the west, most ongoing lake-effect snow should stay south of the stadium. Temperatures will be in the low 20s before and during the game, but the wind chill will be in the single digits.

In other words, these will be the kinds of conditions even Bills fans have not experienced in a long while. Peak gusts are likely to exceed 40 mph, with 20-30 mph average wind speeds during much of the day. Currently, most model ensembles favor greater snow depth on the ground to be south of Orchard Park.

You ask a QB to make plays with the ball and they will make turnovers

His Ints are only a couple off the 4-5 other elites in the league.

Its not like he has 25 Ints and the others 10..

So yeah, this doesn't sound ideal for Sunday. Let's hope the lake snow stays south, or else it could be a real mess.

As of this writing, nothing is carved in stone about the upcoming weekend, other than we will be very windy and much colder by Sunday. On Friday, another deepening storm system will begin moving north toward the Great Lakes. While its precise track cannot be determined yet, all current indications project this as a major low pressure system, as seen in this Weather Prediction Center Saturday morning forecast map.

Both the American GFS and European ECMWF present this low as exceptionally powerful, and passing to our northwest on a track favorable to producing strong to high winds by Saturday afternoon, as temps fall through the 30s. Snow showers and accumulating lake-effect snow will set up as the colder air races in. The lake snow may start out near the metro area on a southwest wind, and then settle southward as winds veer to more westerly.

By Sunday morning, arctic air will have established its takeover with accompanying strong westerly winds. If the winds remain out of the west, most ongoing lake-effect snow should stay south of the stadium. Temperatures will be in the low 20s before and during the game, but the wind chill will be in the single digits.

In other words, these will be the kinds of conditions even Bills fans have not experienced in a long while. Peak gusts are likely to exceed 40 mph, with 20-30 mph average wind speeds during much of the day. Currently, most model ensembles favor greater snow depth on the ground to be south of Orchard Park.
Let's hope it changes because high wind obviously doesn't favor the team that is better at throwing.

Let's hope it changes because high wind obviously doesn't favor the team that is better at throwing.

If I had to guess, the high winds is the most likely part of that forecast.

You ask a QB to make plays with the ball and they will make turnovers

His Ints are only a couple off the 4-5 other elites in the league.

Its not like he has 25 Ints and the others 10..
Allen's a great QB and probably top 3-4 when everyone in the league is healthy, but I think you need to include fumbles in those stats. Over the last 2 years for example Lamar Jackson has 22 turnovers total in 28 games(.78 per game) compared to 41 for Allen in 33 games(1.25 per game) and they both run a lot. Hurts has 28 and he runs too. The only other QB who he is close to in total turnovers is Trevor Lawrence with 38. CJ Stroud has just 9 on the season.

Hurts run designed runs way more though and then goes down or out of bounds a ton

Lamar is Lamar and is in space

Allen runs most of his stuff into contact

Still too many fumbles, but you dont run those plays like he does and come out clean

Allen is gonna make mistakes playing hero ball for sure.

When the conditions get that bad, the game becomes a random event. You want the weather / wind just bad enough to differentiate Allen’s arm from most QBs arm. At 20-30 mph, there is no difference between an Allen throw and me throwing. Neither of us has a shot

When the conditions get that bad, the game becomes a random event. You want the weather / wind just bad enough to differentiate Allen’s arm from most QBs arm. At 20-30 mph, there is no difference between an Allen throw and me throwing. Neither of us has a shot

Agreed, the last thing we want is a repeat of the NE wind game a few years ago, total cluster. Hopefully the wind isn't that bad, clearly Buffalo has the better passing game and will be impacted the most.

Allen's a great QB and probably top 3-4 when everyone in the league is healthy, but I think you need to include fumbles in those stats. Over the last 2 years for example Lamar Jackson has 22 turnovers total in 28 games(.78 per game) compared to 41 for Allen in 33 games(1.25 per game) and they both run a lot. Hurts has 28 and he runs too. The only other QB who he is close to in total turnovers is Trevor Lawrence with 38. CJ Stroud has just 9 on the season.
He is definitely too careless on the fumbles.
There is sooooo much more to the position that never ever gets talked about "cause turnovers".
-Sack avoidance which he is elite at, the team is never behind the chains. Sacks are a QB stat and those are drive killers.
-The Bills are 1st, 1st, 3rd and 1st in 3rd down % the last 4 years. That is insane.

Hurts needs to not be in these QB discussions anymore until he stacks a couple seasons together. He's got 1 good year with an all-world everything around him.
Stroud's int's are about as likely to skyrocket next year as Dak's were to plummet this year, if PFF's tally are any indication (and they are).

Last edited:
Hurts run designed runs way more though and then goes down or out of bounds a ton

Lamar is Lamar and is in space

Allen runs most of his stuff into contact

Still too many fumbles, but you dont run those plays like he does and come out clean

Allen is gonna make mistakes playing hero ball for sure.
But most of his fumbles are in pocket before he gets running .

He is definitely too careless on the fumbles.
There is sooooo much more to the position that never ever gets talked about "cause turnovers".
-Sack avoidance which he is elite at, the team is never behind the chains. Sacks are a QB stat and those are drive killers.
-The Bills are 1st, 1st, 3rd and 1st in 3rd down % the last 4 years. That is insane.

Hurts needs to not be in these QB discussions anymore until he stacks a couple seasons together. He's got 1 good year with an all-world everything around him.
Stroud's int's are about as likely to skyrocket next year as Dak's were to plummet this year, if PFF's tally are any indication (and they are).
Rob Johnson used to get sacked like a mad man behind the same line and scheme that flutie rarely got sacked with. Johnson would drop so far back in the pocket due to his lack of “court savvy” that the tackles had to cover much more ground to protect him . The further you drop back the more side to side ground the o line has to protect

How is this not a bigger story?

I saw police cars race by with their sirens on, but had no idea what had happened. For all the ridicule and shade directed at Bills fans, this type of thing would never happen at a Bills home game.

He simply turns the ball over too much other than 2020. I think the lack of crowds was great for Josh

And yes I think there are two really good teams in the NFL right now and if you think the Bills can beat either playing the way the offense has the past 3 weeks I would strongly disagree.

Was it the lack of crowds or the fact that teams played Cover 1 a lot vs the Bills in 2020?

Not great. Hopefully the winds die down for kickoff, at least:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
156 PM EST Thu Jan 11 2024

Wyoming-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus-Southern Erie-
Including the cities of Warsaw, Jamestown, Olean, Orchard Park,
and Springville
156 PM EST Thu Jan 11 2024

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS
EVENING...
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
MONDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, snow. Additional snow
accumulations of 2 to 4 inches. For the Winter Storm Watch,
heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 7
inches or more possible in the most persistent lake snows with
significant blowing and drifting snow possible. Winds could
gust as high as 65 mph.

* WHERE...Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Southern Erie
counties.

* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 10 PM EST this
evening. For the Winter Storm Watch, from Saturday afternoon
through Monday morning.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible during
the weekend. Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce
visibility. Strongest winds will occur Saturday which could
cause tree damage and power outages.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Periods of snow will result in snow covered roads and limited
visibilities. Slow down and use caution while driving.

Submit snow reports through our website or social media.

Narrow bands of heavy snow and blowing snow could impact portions
of the region. Localized travel problems will be possible.

Ugh fn brutal. Hopefully there's a shift in the weather by sun afternoon. If it's whiteout conditions they may have to change the time.
why would they change the time for snow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom