Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Who takes a TO during a stoppage for an injured offensive player.

McDermott with the Dino McCarthy School of Clock Management PhD
I thought teams automatically got the time out back ?

I thought teams automatically got the time out back ?
Bills taking that TO also allowed the “injured” Jags left tackle back in the lineup.

Idiotic TO all the way around

Literally every time they threw the ball on third down you could locate 24 based on the general vicinity where the ball was thrown
Feel bad for him as you know he wants to contribute. He got benched though because he just couldn’t make a play.

Feel bad for him as you know he wants to contribute. He got benched though because he just couldn’t make a play.
Makes absolutely no sense to me that he seems to have gotten worse from year 1 to 2. Also kind of brutal that his 1st snaps of the year were against a legit pro bowl caliber WR like Ridley.

Absolutely hate the overseas games. What a letdown after the Miami shellacking ...

Granted, I understand there were injuries but still. It looked like June and they were still practicing.

So we lost Jones and Milano, both probably all year.

Line- need to get Rousseau back. Epenesa was great. Hopefully Von can ramp up.

Secondary- Elam struggled. Johnson left but luckily came back. Hyde and Poyer are definitely going to need relied on badly now.

Linebackers- huge hit with Milano out. Cannot be understated. Bernard has been really good but we knew we were slim at this position. I forget his name but Milano's replacement (not Dotson) had a few nice plays.

Makes absolutely no sense to me that he seems to have gotten worse from year 1 to 2. Also kind of brutal that his 1st snaps of the year were against a legit pro bowl caliber WR like Ridley.

True, would have been best if we could have eased him into the lineup. Also doesn't help that he's apparently not a great fit for McDermott's scheme/system as has been reported. Benford should be back soon but we gotta figure something out with Elam. As bad as he looked you still need CB depth and I can't see them trading him.

Buffalo needs to pick a position whether its LB, or WR or CB and go out and make a serious trade. Cant' reinforce all the spots we lost guys but we can shore up at least one.

So we lost Jones and Milano, both probably all year.

Line- need to get Rousseau back. Epenesa was great. Hopefully Von can ramp up.

Secondary- Elam struggled. Johnson left but luckily came back. Hyde and Poyer are definitely going to need relied on badly now.

Linebackers- huge hit with Milano out. Cannot be understated. Bernard has been really good but we knew we were slim at this position. I forget his name but Milano's replacement (not Dotson) had a few nice plays.

Rousseau's injury doesn't appear to be long term. Not sure on Benford but don't think his is either. Both should be back soon maybe even Sunday. Getting Miller back was nice but getting him back full go will be great, could have used him in the 2nd half but he was on a pitch count. DE position has real nice depth now with Miller back, Jonathan, Epenesa, Rousseau, Floyd etc.

Jones is a massive loss and I hope Buffalo will consider extending him even with the injury, he was great until the pec injury. Buffalo does have Poona Ford who has been inactive I think every game this year, gotta think he slides right in. Losing that practice squad guy to Atlanta last week is less then stellar timing but with Settle, Oliver and Ford that's a pretty good trio, plus add in Jordan Phillips and I think Vickers on the PS you still have a pretty good group.

Secondary is tough one. Really need Benford back. I know people are looking for a trade but not sure how realistic that is. I think Dane and Benford can hold it down but obviously another injury and your in major trouble and Benfords hurt now. Tough call

Milano can't be replaced and is a bigger loss then Tre. I though Williams looked pretty good in pass coverage but he struggled against the run and missed multiple tackles before he was pulled for Dodson who I thought played fairly well but I think is a tad slow for the position full time. Buffalo does have options here. Spector the other LB who is on IR is supposedly close to ready to come back and Dodson as noted at least looked serviceable out there. Williams would seem to be the key guy here, the question is can he get up to speed fast enough. Clearly the talent is there and he's been practicing behind Milano so he knows the position. Not sure there is a move here for Buffalo to make, maybe you see if Kirksey wants to un retire but beyond that a trade seems unlikely but maybe Beane gets aggressive.

On offense I do think Benae has to make a move at WR. Current group is not working. I think you have to get Isabella active and look to see what is out there via a trade if anything. I like Davis but he disappears for long long stretches and had another brutal drop yesterday. Sherfield has been non-existent since the Miami game and the slot position has been a ghost town even with Shakir and Harty seeing time. Much like CB not sure there's a trade that jumps out but maybe you call Denver about Sutton or Wash about Dotson or Carolina about Thielen or Oakland about their Slot guy whose name escapes me.

Really weird game. Offense moved the ball okay for the most part but had some of the most inopportune drops/penalties you’ll ever see to kill drives and take points off the board.

Jacksonville moved the ball pretty much at will but the defense got a couple incredibly clutch turnovers to keep us in the game.

Really disappointing loss considering what the defense managed to do; with all the injuries it feels like we will need to score 30+ most games to win moving forwards. Which is something this offense can do but severely hinders our SB chances IMO.

Not really sure what to do moving forwards; you never know when you’ll have a chance at a Super Bowl again and it feels like we may have thrown it away this year. Do you try to give up some long term assets to fill in the holes this year or just kinda accept that this season may have slipped away due to the injuries? I don’t know.

True, would have been best if we could have eased him into the lineup. Also doesn't help that he's apparently not a great fit for McDermott's scheme/system as has been reported. Benford should be back soon but we gotta figure something out with Elam. As bad as he looked you still need CB depth and I can't see them trading him.

Buffalo needs to pick a position whether its LB, or WR or CB and go out and make a serious trade. Cant' reinforce all the spots we lost guys but we can shore up at least one.
Agree, except don't think we make a trade for a WR. Shorter returning soon gives an additional option there, particularly if we need a big WR.

Offense has gotta be better

Dorsey has improved as an OC this year but we can’t afford these offensive lapses going forward

They’ve got a few games to get back on track, but we need to see the offense be ready when they hit the PHI/KC/DAL/LA/Miami stretch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom