Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Agree, except don't think we make a trade for a WR. Shorter returning soon gives an additional option there, particularly if we need a big WR.

Shorter coming back would be good to give another option but were talking about a late round Rookie, not sure you can really count on him to add much if anything this year. Dorsey is clearly struggling to utilize Kincaid which is beyond disappointing. I think we have to get some sort of receiver help.

As much as I dislike the Chiefs, you have to admire how they scheme guys open.

NFL is in a really interesting place right now. You have a couple teams (SF and Philly, maybe Miami) that just have incredible rosters top to bottom but their QBs are a little more limited than some of the other contenders and then you have teams like KC, Buffalo, maybe a couple others where it’s really all on the elite QB to do everything and try to make up for the talent gaps elsewhere.

As much as I dislike the Chiefs, you have to admire how they scheme guys open.
He’s a way different player though other than short and white.

Isabella is in there to try to get deep or lot of YAC. Beasley was the opposite.

I was hoping Shakir could be the slot guy, but has not happened. Now we need Kincaid to do it. No reason he can’t get 6 targets a game, working the middle of the field. Not the player I want catching east west check downs.

He’s a way different player though other than short and white.

Isabella is in there to try to get deep or lot of YAC. Beasley was the opposite.

I was hoping Shakir could be the slot guy, but has not happened. Now we need Kincaid to do it. No reason he can’t get 6 targets a game, working the middle of the field. Not the player I want catching east west check downs.
Didn't say it because he's white. Someone needs to find open space from the slot and it ain't happening. Defenses need to respect his speed thus allowing him more opportunities to settle in open space.

Didn't say it because he's white. Someone needs to find open space from the slot and it ain't happening. Defenses need to respect his speed thus allowing him more opportunities to settle in open space.
Oh I know, I was just saying that’s where the comparison ends based on what I’ve seen. Isabella is a speedster. I hope he can do something but find it unlikely. I’m not familiar much with Shorter.

It's maddening how our Pt differential is twice as good as everyone else over the last few years & we lose these stupid games.
Remember when KC had the worst defense in history for a month then they started winning games like 13-9. NE always used to do just enough on 1 side of the ball when the other struggled. 17-14, 35-31, whatever.
Even before the game when the injuries got to a comical level I thought the offense needed to pick them up for this one.
Well they stunk and they're healthy. Just disappointing. Feels like I should save myself the stress and not worry about anything 'till the playoffs; at which point we pray Allen has a 2012 Flacco run in him or one that doesn't get ruined by the coach again.

Injury Updates

Milano has a broken leg but no torn ACL. Could be back late this year likely out 8-10 weeks at minimum.

Jones - Torn pec needs surgery, like Milano has an outside shot of being back but he seems less likely. Figure out for the year

Kincaid - In concussion protocol, likely to miss Sunday unless it's very mild

Knox - Wrist injury of unknown severity

At this point they better just do walk throughs this week to have enough guys for Sunday night.

Updated on Kincaid, he cleared protocol during the game so this maybe just a precaution. Feels like he could be back Sunday.

In CB news the Bills signed Josh Norman, yes that Josh Norman. At 35 I am sure this is just a depth move to bring in a veteran.

Apparently that's their plan too considering the Norman signing.

He's a practice squad body, nothing more. I'd be shocked if he was ever active unless there were several more injuries.

Apparently that's their plan too considering the Norman signing.

The Norman signing makes no sense, unless it's for depth purposes only. They need another starter-quality CB.

It's just a PS squad signing to fill a roster spot. People are reading way to much into it.
I hope so but would seem odd for a guy that's made a ton of money to ditch his family for that purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom