Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

I don't understand the uproar over the 12 personnel usage

They're 12th in EPA/play in 12 personnel, which is pretty solid considering they're playing a rookie TE in his first 5/6 games. They're doing exactly what the Chiefs did last year after trading away Tyreek freaking Hill

Did they lean on 12 personnel a little too much so far this year? Probably

Should they start using Josh as a runner out of shotgun again? Sure

Could they use more out of the WR2 role? Absolutely

But I think the offensive struggles aren't as easily explained as one main factor, it's all multifaceted between playcalling, decision making, and execution.
It's always something.
- Roseanne Roseannadanna

Not it won’t. They’ll end up doing what they did when Kincaid was out… bring in an extra OT as a fake 2nd TE. We’re talking about Dorsey here
Could've been opponent specific? "How many pts do we need vs the Giants".

But I think the offensive struggles aren't as easily explained as one main factor, it's all multifaceted between playcalling, decision making, and execution.
I'm sure that's right.
I wouldn't say 12th is very good at all vs our schedule though.

I'm sure that's right.
I wouldn't say 12th is very good at all vs our schedule though.

I said it was pretty solid, it can definitely be better but some people are acting like it's a hindrance on the entire offense which I don't agree with.

Really good post I think you hit on a lot of stuff.

I think it's clear while McDermott is highly unlikely to be let go even if this season continues to go badly I think major changes are coming.

The WR unit needs a complete overhaul outside of Diggs. Davis has not been the #2 the team needs and despite some good numbers on paper he's been a non factor in mulitple games including 1 catch for 6 yards yesterday. The slot position has been a blackhole since Beasley was cut and needs a major infusion of talent. Knox is clearly not worth the contract at this point and seems destined to be cut in the offseason unless he takes a major pay cut. I suspect Buffalo will have nearly a completely re-tooled Wr room next year with Harty, Davis, Sherrfield all gone after this year and Knox probably as well. For this year I think Dorsey has to either start calling a better game (Shandeezy's post about the ISO runs is beyond troubling) and we have to add some help at Wr somehow.

I agree with you about the defense, with so many guys out for the year I don't think you can expect this team to play like it was at times to start the year. I think Buffalo has to look at resigning Jones and really consider getting a big run stuffing DT they can pair with Jones and ED next year. I also think they need to game plan how they are going to handle the safety spot next year. Seems unlikely you can go with Hyde and Poyer again. Need to move off one for $$ purposes and get a young draft pick or FA guy in here. Bills really could use another LB as well to actually play a 4-3 at times. I know we love that big Nickel but Taron get's exposed having to play the run game so much.
Can't get out of the Knox deal until
Really good post I think you hit on a lot of stuff.

I think it's clear while McDermott is highly unlikely to be let go even if this season continues to go badly I think major changes are coming.

The WR unit needs a complete overhaul outside of Diggs. Davis has not been the #2 the team needs and despite some good numbers on paper he's been a non factor in mulitple games including 1 catch for 6 yards yesterday. The slot position has been a blackhole since Beasley was cut and needs a major infusion of talent. Knox is clearly not worth the contract at this point and seems destined to be cut in the offseason unless he takes a major pay cut. I suspect Buffalo will have nearly a completely re-tooled Wr room next year with Harty, Davis, Sherrfield all gone after this year and Knox probably as well. For this year I think Dorsey has to either start calling a better game (Shandeezy's post about the ISO runs is beyond troubling) and we have to add some help at Wr somehow.

I agree with you about the defense, with so many guys out for the year I don't think you can expect this team to play like it was at times to start the year. I think Buffalo has to look at resigning Jones and really consider getting a big run stuffing DT they can pair with Jones and ED next year. I also think they need to game plan how they are going to handle the safety spot next year. Seems unlikely you can go with Hyde and Poyer again. Need to move off one for $$ purposes and get a young draft pick or FA guy in here. Bills really could use another LB as well to actually play a 4-3 at times. I know we love that big Nickel but Taron get's exposed having to play the run game so much.
No shot of getting out of the Knox deal without huge cap penalties since this is year 1 of the deal. Can get out after 2024 and still get whacked with like $7m dead cap.

How about losing games though? We should be 3-4.
They don’t need him to run more. They just need to not call he most predictable plays in the history of the NFL

Josh Norman…LMAO
Willem Dafoe Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Can't imagine him seeing the field barring multiple injuries. Wonder if Elam might be moved and they don't want to risk an injury. Glad to see Isabella getting a shot.

If you’re another team, what are you willing to give up for Elam, a guy who has looked completely lost? A seventh?

If you’re another team, what are you willing to give up for Elam, a guy who has looked completely lost? A seventh?

Still a young 1st rounder though whose better in man versus the zone scheme Buffalo runs a lot. Could be used to pickup some dl or lb or even Wr help.

So are you guys going with the two tv setup tonight or DVRing one of the games?

The SU game is a lost cause already.

It was a lost cause weeks ago. To many posters still living off that 10 win season and not accepting what's been obvious, this isn't working.

What a buzz kill . That drive has to get you 7.

Pretty good start but really wanted six there. Still better then what we have been seeing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom